1. Don't despair your Tipping Season is not over!

Two lucky people could win $1 million in our free to enter tipping tournaments over the last five rounds of the AFL season.

Winners will receive a ticket to TopBetta's NRL Grand Final day tournament in Melbourne on September 27th.

Join Now and have some fun for the rest of the season.

2. Congratulations to jaydeetee for tipping 7/9 and one off the tie-breaker. FREE Platinum BFSC for you!

Get your tips in!

3. Chat with other Comm Games fans in our Commonwealth Games thread.

And keep up with Aussie athletes in the Aussie Watch Thread.

4. The ASADA, AFL and drugs in sport Hot Topic board

Media links, the facts, the statements, the allegations, the charges, the court actions, the notices and the clubs mentioned so far. Hundreds of threads, hundreds of thousands of posts.

AFL Game Part 2

Discussion in 'AFL Games' started by The_Ru, Apr 22, 2010.

Put it out there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kriso182

kriso182 Team Captain

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Too Old, Too Slow, Too Good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. grab

grab Team Captain

Hawthorn Hawthorn - 2013 Premiers
    Other teams:
    Cheers for the find kriso! Wow that is a really good article. It started like it was going to be mostly about the rugby game but they mostly talked about the AFL one. He said a lot of things that have me optimistic:

"And for every iteration of our game, there will be something that is going to be perfect. For the AFL, it is going to be about the speed of play, moving the ball, and fun. We're going to make the first one really fun, setting the controls for the rest of the franchise."

"The designer is actually sitting there watching football all day every day working out the tactics like coaches do."

"We're pumping out stuff that is photo-realistic. It looks so good, and when you come in tight you see expressions. The eyes of our players follow the ball and other opposition players. It's those little things where you can tell players are looking at the ball, it's huge. EA couldn't do that on the PS2. It's something that requires processing power."

Hopefully there is some truth to statements like these and it isn't all marketing lies.

Also I am pleased (as a PS3 own) to see that they are working on the PS3 version first and then adapting that to other consoles/pc. This should mean we don't get a buggier version than everyone else (e.g. Fallout3)

The one concerning thing he said though was "We've been working on it [the rugby game] now for over nine months and it's far more progressed than Aussie Rules." Not a good sign!
  3. Kerrby

Kerrby Suspended

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
  4. grab

grab Team Captain

Other teams:
    Just noticed that the article says the interview actually took place last year. So maybe it isn't that big a worry that (at the time) the rugby game was more progressed than the AFL one.
  5. WALL-e

WALL-e BFSC Platinum

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
    Interesting to see that they're focussing on one thing each year, speed this year, marks the next....could be interesting game play in some areas.
  6. grab

grab Team Captain

Other teams:
    I don't mind this idea as long as (1) they get their priorities right (and it looks like they do with ball movement and strategy apparently being the focus this time) and (2) the things that aren't the main focus are at least competent.
  7. Biggy_Boy

Biggy_Boy Club Legend

Geelong
    Other teams:
  8. Ant_

Ant_ Super Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    Early days and I'm not promising anything........

However I've exchanged emails with BigAnt and so far it's been positive.

More to come.
  9. HSSB

HSSB Account Cancelled by User

Other teams:
    Boston Celtics - GWS Giants
    It said something like we have progressed more on the NRL game than the AFL game, and they have 40 guys working on the NRL game, and 20 working on the AFL game, next year boys, next year for sure..
  10. HSSB

Other teams:
    Cryptic post?
  11. Ant_

Ant_ Super Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    BigAnt need to get permission from the publisher first. Once it happens I'll give you guys more details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. HSSB

Other teams:
    PM? :D

Nah alright no worries mate, did it contain the release date?
  13. Ant_

Ant_ Super Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other teams:
    No idea on the release date, will let you guys know when I know.
  14. Baz_hawk

Baz_hawk Team Captain

Other teams:
    Can you ask them when the press release will be. At least this way I know what day i should turn my computer on next
  15. HBK619

HBK619 Moderator

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Furies '08, '09 & '10 Premiers!!!
    Not like I didn't say it...

Really can't quite get what they're getting at overall. A lot of that interview is basically word-for-word of what we've seen before.

But I can't say this fills me with confidence "Yeah. I hate to say this to fans of each of the sports, but the difference between those codes is just the animation and the AI (artificial intelligence)."

There's so much more difference between NRL and AFL than AI and animations. It's like they're saying that any sport played in a stadium is the same with just a few changes here and there. I really hope they're going the right way with this. The speed, the tactics, the physicality, the fact that there's way more going on at any part of the ground at one stage than in NRL. All of that is more than just AI. I just really hope that both games can have a real individual feel to them and not just feel like the same game in a different skin.

Would like to think as well that now the NRL game is just about or is done that they'll migrate the 40 that have been working on that title over to the AFL game to fully polish it up.
  16. hawka187

hawka187 Team Captain

Other teams:
    Machester United
    Really cant wait to play. good news they are going to announce something also. Hopefully they don't rush it and produce quality AI,and needs to have some replay factor to through multiplayer.
  17. MrEd

MrEd Draftee

GWS
    Other teams:
    We get around 100 emails a day asking this! Had someone ring up and leave a suicide message the other day saying they're so depressed they're going to just top themselves - at least some of you guys are giving us a laugh - If I could tell you a release date I would.

The interview with Jason at The Age was around a year ago (from memory), excerpts from that tape have been run three times so far.

I can tell you that the game is fun to play, and I know you all expect me to say that so I've given an invitation just today to Anthony at BigFooty to come into the office and have a go of it whenever the publisher allows it.

Cheers,

Ross.

Ross Symons
    Chief Executive Officer
    Big Ant Studios Pty Ltd
    www.bigant.com
  18. coke_zero

coke_zero All Australian

Richmond
    Other teams:
    I think i better go check it out to, he needs someone to play against.
  19. WALL-e

WALL-e BFSC Platinum

Adelaide
    Other teams:
    Magic, Sturt, Ravens, Duke
    Leave it to a talking horse to drop some real info.

Thanks Ross.

btw, where your putting Dangerfield's attributes in, set it to 100% awesome.
  20. Baz_hawk

Baz_hawk Team Captain

Other teams:
    Can i come too lol. So I assume this means you don't have a date set for when you make the game official and release some info. Until then EB keep telling me that no AFL game is being made >.<

Cheers for the info though. Now back to playing AFL live premiership edition...
  21. MrEd

MrEd Draftee

GWS
    Other teams:
    Maybe... I mean Adelaide are my second team (if you can have such a thing!) - I sat there at the 97 GF and heard the boos when Adelaide came out and thought, hey these guys are *nearly* as hated as Carlton..... :)
  22. HSSB

Other teams:
    Still this same old 'the game is fun'? C'mon announce something interesting
  23. MrEd

MrEd Draftee

GWS
    Other teams:
    hmmm well the aim was that we wanted it to be a fun game and I'd like to think we are delivering, especially the online multiplayer. I was playing 4 vs 4 via Playstation Network yesterday and the action off the ball to protect the ball carrier was awesome.

I can't do/say much more right now, frustrating for all of us - I'd love to show some of the player cameo's - every player of every team has been photographed and modelled.

There will be an honest report from someone at BigFooty who will play the game in the near future, at the moment that's the best I can offer.
  24. Biggy_Boy

Biggy_Boy Club Legend

Geelong
    Other teams:
    How did you manage including Ling without the GPU of the consoles frying?

Will there be an editor?
  25. Eth

Eth Parle à ma main

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Mt Buller Demons, Vic Metro
    Really looking forward to this game, AFL 2007 is getting boring
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.