Remove this Banner Ad

MG MG

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 20, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool, CA, Sydney FC
Geelong, Collingwood and Essendon is enough.

The Bulldogs and Tigers going alone is not going to be good for the league.

I would have thought no teams going it alone was the best option. I can't see why 3 AFL teams going it alone should be considered alright, but 5 isn't. The reality is the original VFA clubs will soon have to start looking at joining other competitions because the current VFL competition is compromised & the best interests of the VFA clubs will not be served by the VFL hierarchy who are being heavily leaned on by the AFL.

No offense, but the plight of Coburg is of no concern to me, but the future development of RFC players are. Your OP is based on nothing. At least help us understand why you think it will be no good.

You think I am being biased but you are just as much. Essendon equals the number of teams which is needed. But we dont need every club doing it.

Yeah, we'll just continue our partnership with Coburg forever :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell that to the AFL, VFL, Richmond and Footscray.

It's happening so threads like this are pointless.
Is that all you got? I guess I win.

And these threads are opinion threads...

Just like a lot of others.

Is that all you got? I guess I win.

And these threads are opinion threads...

Just like a lot of others.

It's going to happen whether you like it or not. No point whinging about it. If Richmond was coming in this year and Essendon in 2014 would you have still made this thread and said Essendon shouldn't do it?

I think not.

We got in first and will equal the amount of teams up.

Great argument and well thought out premise. Do you share your crayons at kinder as well?

This isn't supposed to be a s**t fight mate.

And that's fine, but you have used no valid anything to support your view and stance. To argue we got there first is just asking for trouble particularly when you name 3 other teams in your view. The RFC doesn't give a s**t about what the Jones's are doing. We are doing what's right for us long term. And in reality if numbers are your concern, there will be some clubs that will not survive anyway. The clubs are forcing the AFL's hand on this issue. The ressies are coming back and I for one are wrapt that we won't be affiliated with Coburg anymore.

Coburg couldnt run a fish and chip shop, thats why this year we have taken them over and have hired new coaching staff and paying all the wages, we will have 100% control of training and match day. In effect its a defacto Richmond reserves side. And Carlton people can add if im wrong, but this year they are similar in the way they are restructuring the Northern Blues (ex-Bullants) with navy blue and white jumper, keeping the red and white for clash jumper.

Not sure if the OP is trolling (i suspect) or just naive, but it seems clear cut a full on reserves competition is just a formality. In this day and age of professionalism and clubs demanding the right to develop their list their own way, its only just a matter of time.

Coburg couldnt run a fish and chip shop, thats why this year we have taken them over and have hired new coaching staff and paying all the wages, we will have 100% control of training and match day. In effect its a defacto Richmond reserves side. And Carlton people can add if im wrong, but this year they are similar in the way they are restructuring the Northern Blues (ex-Bullants) with navy blue and white jumper, keeping the red and white for clash jumper.

Not sure if the OP is trolling (i suspect) or just naive, but it seems clear cut a full on reserves competition is just a formality. In this day and age of professionalism and clubs demanding the right to develop their list their own way, its only just a matter of time.
The restructure of the Northern Blues took place prior to the start of the 2012 season, but you have the rest of it pretty well right. It is as close to having a stand alone team as you can be without actually having a stand alone team. For the Bullants it was the only way they were going to survive as a football club. For Coburg, once the Tigers pull the pin, that will be just about it. Sad, but pretty much a reflection of the demographics of the Coburg (Moreland) region.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back