AFL GRAND FINAL - Who's going (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously considering lashing out for a grand final package of some sort. In 2013 I was lucky enough to get standing tickets through the ballot (would not do that again haha). The biggest highlight I think was going to the pub night that was organised by BF oh and the march to the MCG. Dunno if I want to rely on the ballot this time. One part of me thinks it might also be cool to save the $$ this time and watch it in Freo.
On a side note what day would the club present the cup to fans in Perth? (not getting ahead of myself but if we were to somehow win, it would be cool to attend).

One part of me thinks it might also be cool to save the $$ this time and watch it in Freo.

On a side note what day would the club present the cup to fans in Perth? (not getting ahead of myself but if we were to somehow win, it would be cool to attend).

Freo was amazing in 2013. The atmosphere was absolutely electric. I assume they would present the cup on the Sunday when they get back.

Nullarbor_Plain_Escarpment_DSC04558.JPG

*provided I can get tickets in the lottery, what are the chances of this?

I have the $ to go. I have the contacts to get tickets. I will not go.....
If I went and we won, i would be a crying mess.
If I went and we lost, i would be a crying mess.
Rather be a crying mess at home than embarrass myself surrounded by 90,000 other people ;)

You should definitely go - I went in 2013 - arrived on the Wednesday - it was a Purple party for 3 days over the whole of Melbourne for 3 nights straight. Cost a bomb though, I had bought flights using some frequent flyers on Qantas, but then I didn't get any tickets in the lottery, so I forked out for a North Melbourne breakfast, still definitely worth it.

To tell you the truth I was completely knackered after the Grand Final - not sure what i would have done if they had won. It is extremely likely I will go again .....

whats another way to buy other than afl event office ? man there expensive.

Someone in another thread said just hold a sign with "wanted 2 tickets" out the front of the G on the day and you'd get them within 10 minutes at cost price (apparently this is what he did).

Rather be a crying mess at home than embarrass myself surrounded by 90,000 other people ;)

And what is wrong with this? I do it all the time where GFs aren't involved lol

In 2013, I was definitely a crying mess - it was worth every cent!

oh and it's more like 100,000 other people, not 90!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well worth it just to enjoy grand final weekend in Melbourne, double bonus if you time it with Freo making it. As has been said that 2013 build up with Fed square and the walk along the river to the MCG was something else, a true purple army on the march :D

No such thing as a bad seat at the Grand Final.

I went to the big final between Carlton and Richmond the same weekend we beat Geelongistan at KP, and I was about 10 rows from the top and the players were the size of ants. Watching the game was like watching the activity in an ant farm.

Having said that, I would still take that seat over nothing for Freo's first ever GF win. But I would move down to the standing room areas at ground level (luckily I'm tall).

I was just so gutted at the 2013 GF, I don't think I could go to another one. Certainly I wouldn't go on my own again. The march was cool, but after that, everything just went wrong! Thank goodness I wasn't too far from a bar in the MCG...

I was thinking of doing this from Kalgoorlie in 06 with Freo supporter I was staying with up there if we had have beaten Sydney, would be a pretty mad thing to do to say it's a long way is an understatement..

If i have aod9406 and thymodulinumumn will i make it in like 3 days? I can probably get 10 days of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back