AFL GRAND FINAL - Who's going (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, say, what would be the ethics of this particular scenario: so if all goes perfectly, and freo make the gf, and their opponents happen to be sydney... Well, I happen to be a swans member (I live in sydney and like to go to the footy, and to be honest, when freo were crap it was refreshing to watch a team that always, err, gave great effort) so I could enter the ballot for the gf. But would be allotted seats in the swans section. I went in 2012, and it was awesome, but I was barracking for sydney... Would be pretty poor form, wouldn't it? :oops:

So, say, what would be the ethics of this particular scenario: so if all goes perfectly, and freo make the gf, and their opponents happen to be sydney... Well, I happen to be a swans member (I live in sydney and like to go to the footy, and to be honest, when freo were crap it was refreshing to watch a team that always, err, gave great effort) so I could enter the ballot for the gf. But would be allotted seats in the swans section. I went in 2012, and it was awesome, but I was barracking for sydney... Would be pretty poor form, wouldn't it? :oops:

Nope. See absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if the Dockers lose badly, you could switch back to being a Swans supporter :p

Nope. See absolutely nothing wrong with it. And if the Dockers lose badly, you could switch back to being a Swans supporter :p
Ha. It's one thing to pick a team to support as a neutral, its another to be either the insufferably happy lone purple person in a sea of red and white/sobbing miserably surrounded by thousads of horribly happy people. But the horro of potentially missing being there :eek:

Ha. It's one thing to pick a team to support as a neutral, its another to be either the insufferably happy lone purple person in a sea of red and white/sobbing miserably surrounded by thousads of horribly happy people. But the horro of potentially missing being there :eek:

I would just vacate my seat at the appropriate time and move to a purple area. But definitely go. Don't miss out.

The one thing I hated when we went over for the Grand Final was knowing that, if we had won, things wouldn't have been the same in Melbourne as they were in Perth - BUT last year we did stay for a bit of the 'after party' when Hawthorn beat Sydney and perhaps that would have been great if you supported Hawthorn.

IF we do get in and people don't manage to go, would still be amazing back here (like in 2013). When we lost in 2013 and we were still in Melbourne, it was pretty yucky :) I spent the night in my hotel room unfriending all my WCE 'friends'. Anybody else sick of that ONE joke they have with the empty trophy cabinet?

The one thing I hated when we went over for the Grand Final was knowing that, if we had won, things wouldn't have been the same in Melbourne as they were in Perth - BUT last year we did stay for a bit of the 'after party' when Hawthorn beat Sydney and perhaps that would have been great if you supported Hawthorn.

IF we do get in and people don't manage to go, would still be amazing back here (like in 2013). When we lost in 2013 and we were still in Melbourne, it was pretty yucky :) I spent the night in my hotel room unfriending all my WCE 'friends'. Anybody else sick of that ONE joke they have with the empty trophy cabinet?

I am Freo girl. But the worst thing about it, is that when we win one it will become "only 1 trophy in the cabinet" ahhh wait until you have won 3. Sigh

How I would love to win 4 in a row :) mwa hahah mwa haha

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not. I look for tickets on the AFL site and it seems Category 6 (behind goals in the nosebleeds) are $950. Next worst (Category 5) are $1575.

Am I reading that right or is that some kind of package? Can't believe a rubbish seat could be worth $1000.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly or not. I look for tickets on the AFL site and it seems Category 6 (behind goals in the nosebleeds) are $950. Next worst (Category 5) are $1575.

Am I reading that right or is that some kind of package? Can't believe a rubbish seat could be worth $1000.

You get:
Soak-up the atmosphere of the Toyota AFL Grand Final in the new 'Grand Final Fan Precinct'.
  • Enjoy guaranteed category 6 seating at the 2015 Toyota AFL Grand Final.
  • Access to the relaxed atmosphere of the new 'Grand Final Fan Precinct', on-site at the MCG.

• Pre-game refreshments and cocktail-style footy fare.
  • Live pre-game entertainment.
  • Complimentary copy of the Grand Final edition of the AFL Record.

Grand Final Eve Packages
Category 6 $950*
* Price per person

So yeah, pretty much a grand for the seat.

Yeah I looked too and that was how I was reading it. You do get some lame-arse cocktail nibblies and entry into some equally lame-arse area with plastic tables and astro-turf, but the play would be so far away you'd need the friggen equal of the Hubble telescope to see anything.

If pre-game refreshments means free drinks it's not that bad. You're getting a guaranteed ticket. From memory mine was $360, 20m to the left of the goals, maybe 20 rows back. Part of GF upgrade. Unfortunately it's the market price if you want to guarantee a ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get:

So yeah, pretty much a grand for the seat.
Wow, that really sucks. Not quite sure how a $50 seat in home and away round is worth 20 times as much for the GF. By my reckoning that would equate to somewhere in the vicinity of $100 million in ticket sales for one game.

We were all geared up to drive across from Adelaide but just on principle I'm not going to pay $2,000 for two crap seats :(

Other than taking pot luck on game day is there any other (legal) way to buy tickets?

yep and then you have to factor in airfares and accommodation

It's a joke how much of the ground is taken up by AFL members.

If you can't beat em.. Prob a good investment for wa based Freo tragics.... Given our upcoming domination of September.

Oh wait - lid on! s**t! Whoops....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked refundable flights through Virgin just over 2 weeks ago for $1200. Good thing I did because I just checked now and those same flights are up to over $1600 return. As long as we keep looking like a top 2 certainty, and now that WC looks like a real top 4 threat, flights will just keep going up, and hotels will soon follow. Right now is probably the cheapest you'll get them.

....and now that WC looks like a real top 4 threat, flights will just keep going up, and hotels will soon follow. Right now is probably the cheapest you'll get them.
If that's one of your measures, their draw gets real, real soon so wait for the release of seats as they climb off that overcrowded sub continent bus (see photo in other thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back