AFL GRAND FINAL - Who's going (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I missed a comma in there somewhere :) bloody gramma.

Was supposed to respond to freo girl by saying "Yes FreoGirl, I am frustrated" haha

So bloke talks to FreoGirl but makes it sound like I am woman hear me roar

Joys of the internet

Ha! Looks like I misread your post quite significantly! Sorry, Bro.

This thread will be fun after a couple of losses.

After a couple of losses we'll probably still be in top spot.

We'd need to lose at least 6 to miss top 4.

What's the harm in booking refundable flights in case we make the GF? It'll save you over a thousand bucks compared to booking in September.

D
Of course I will attend if we are there again - that's what being an inaugural adopter of the GF upgrade when we were bad, and never losing it, is all about.

Like so many others, the idea of not being present when Freo win their first flag is too horrible to contemplate.

Ditto, & I've already allocated funds towards it. Ain't getting caught out by budget constraints either. :rolleyes:

Wow, that really sucks. Not quite sure how a $50 seat in home and away round is worth 20 times as much for the GF.

I went in 2013, and I reckon it was probably 20 times more awesome than a normal home and away game. But that was the first time I went to a GF, so I was kind of awestruck by the whole experience. There was a fair few scalpers outside the game with fairly reasonable prices, but there's obviously risks in that.

As a Freo fan who has lived in Melbourne for most of Freo's existence, the best thing about Grand Final week 2013 for me was the cavalry arriving.

Being purple over here was for many years a lonely experience. With success our numbers have grown but even still we're a bit of a novelty. Walking down the streets of the CBD that week, seeing people wearing their Freo gear who see you wearing yours and giving you a wave, a "go Freo" or even a knowing nod (you know that nod), it was almost a validation that we'd been fighting the good fight all these years and that the rewards were finally being reaped.

Sorry, got something in my eye...

I cannot believe that my sister has her wedding in the UK on grand final day and I am in the bridal party. Reception finishes midnight and GF at 5am :( I went to 2013 and the loss hurt bad. I feel they may win one without me. The atmosphere is amazing

My daughter was planning her wedding in early 2013 for a September 2013 date in the States. I told her "make it a week later because if Fremantle make the GF, I don't want to have a decision to make."

Good job she always listens to her dad. :)

Will be there.

U.S holiday itinerary planned around being back for the Grand Final . Like others I wouldn't ever recover from missing Freo's Grand Final .
The 2013 experience was like nothing I have ever had. The purple march from Fed Square to the MCG was goosebumps stuff.

Yes it was !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We bought tickets last week. Already booked accommodation. Flight is flexi so will go into flight bank if we don't make it. Room is refundable with 72 hours notice. We have already used the flight bank money from last year's early GF booking for our holiday in July. (Freo v Hawthorn in Launceston), so had to come up with more money, but I would not forgive myself for missing out. We have the GF upgrade. Best investment ever.

We bought tickets last week. Already booked accommodation. Flight is flexi so will go into flight bank if we don't make it. Room is refundable with 72 hours notice. We have already used the flight bank money from last year's early GF booking for our holiday in July. (Freo v Hawthorn in Launceston), so had to come up with more money, but I would not forgive myself for missing out. We have the GF upgrade. Best investment ever.

I wanted to do the same thing but my Qantas voucher expires 7th July and they won't extend it for me; So Launceston is out.

I have just booked return flights this afternoon just in case. If Freo fail to make it, at least I can change my destination and have a three night holiday elsewhere.

Just something you unfortunately have to do in advance when coming from Perth, because the flight companies love a good scalp when demand is very high.

I went in 2013, and I reckon it was probably 20 times more awesome than a normal home and away game. But that was the first time I went to a GF, so I was kind of awestruck by the whole experience. There was a fair few scalpers outside the game with fairly reasonable prices, but there's obviously risks in that.
This person has Plugger35 in their avatar, good stuff.

I'll be making the flight up from Launceston. So much easier (I hope).

Anybody who thinks flights from Perth are beyond them at the moment should keep an eye on the airline websites. Once all the seats are gone on every flight, they will add more flights at some point and you need to be prepared to pounce.
Definitely need a Friday get together, this will be the first year that we can get over there for Friday and the GF parade.
They made Friday a public holiday, so now the AFL are considering moving the parade to Thursday. :drunk:

Also, too early to call, cocky, jinx, blah, blah, etc. :rolleyes:

just booed my tix

$950 return with Jetstar ( Emergency row).

Definition of whirlwind: Leave Perth Sat Morning @ 1:30 Am. Into Melbourne @ 7:20 - Straight into City. Watch Game - Flight out of Melbourne @ 10:45.

We have a new born Bub, and didnt want to leave her with the In-laws for too long, and didnt want to bring her all the way ( so the mrs could actually enjoy her self! )

Wow.. that mad!

We have a few hours for delay up our sleeves. If there is a cancellation, i'll be pissed. Not much I can do. It is that or not even go. I'd take the risk of a cancellation

I'll keep on here, there might be 2 tix available last minute! My folks are flying early, so they might take them. I'll just claim them on insurance if we miss out.

Assuming we make it ...... i hate the fact that airlines just have us over a barrel.

I know it's a long shot but my partner's dad has offered us his GF upgrade should we make it. Now one ticket isn't much use to the two of us so I was wondering if there's someone on here with a GF upgrade that can't use it or if anyone knows of someone. Obviously am willing to pay for it.
If we do manage to get hold of one then our memberships will be available for anyone who wants them to enter the ballot.
This is of course assuming we make it to the GF which I know is still a long way off and anything could happen from now until then.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back