AFL GRAND FINAL - Who's going (2015 edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, even though it's still early I relented. Return flights x 2 plus overnight in a king room 7 minutes from the MCG = $600. Chalk up a win for Tassie.

Some value? Even bloody Tiger is over a grand return! You couldn't pay me a grand to fly Tiger.
At this stage anything just over a grand is good value. Can still get refundable Virgin flights for under $1500.

Anything would be good value to go see Mathew Pavich lift the cup and here the deafening roar of the Freo faithful when the Dockers win their first flag and you can say' I was there'.:thumbsu: I can just taste it, I want it so much. That's what I'm hoping anyway and that's why I bought category 1 tickets. You just hope!:rolleyes:

Flights are cheap from Darwin, can't be any AFL fans there or something. I've got the upgrade, got the accomadation, just need to know whether I'm flying from Mt Isa, Cairns or some other place. Was going to ask a pollie to adopt me for the week, no chance now! Thanks Bronny, Burke et al.

At this stage anything just over a grand is good value. Can still get refundable Virgin flights for under $1500.

Have to say I flew with them over the weekend and thought that they were pretty good, especially compared to Jetstar. Had good legroom in exit row and got home 40 mins early so can't complain at all..

Have to say I flew with them over the weekend and thought that they were pretty good, especially compared to Jetstar. Had good legroom in exit row and got home 40 mins early so can't complain at all..
Virgin's now my preferred airline. Quality and service is just as good as Qantas but is more often than not cheaper.

Virgin's now my preferred airline. Quality and service is just as good as Qantas but is more often than not cheaper.

Yeah, i've found there's not a lot of difference for the East-West flights, they now have the same product. If you want to go to Adelaide Virgin are shite though. They use these dinky little regional jets with zero entertainment and all you get is some crackers.

Yeah, i've found there's not a lot of difference for the East-West flights, they now have the same product. If you want to go to Adelaide Virgin are shite though. They use these dinky little regional jets with zero entertainment and all you get is some crackers.
Unfortunately scored one of those for Mel-Pth. I was caught out and didn't even have an Mp3 player for some music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Need some advice on flights from those with experience from 2013. I need to fly out Friday night and wont go if Freo don't make it (so either flexi flights now or wait until prelim completed).

Flexi flights are $1200 return with Virgin at the moment.

Can anyone remember the cost of flights if you wait until prelim is completed? Are flights hard to come by after the prelim? Do extra flights released affect the prices?

What are my options to minimize cost?

Cheers!

I bought a package back in April. Didn't make it over on 2013 so was determined not to miss out again. At the time I thought even if we are not there, it'd still be good to see one. Watching the eagles play would be the only thing that spoils it. Looked a very remote possibility back in April but now I'm worried.

Hi all,

Need some advice on flights from those with experience from 2013. I need to fly out Friday night and wont go if Freo don't make it (so either flexi flights now or wait until prelim completed).

Flexi flights are $1200 return with Virgin at the moment.

Can anyone remember the cost of flights if you wait until prelim is completed? Are flights hard to come by after the prelim? Do extra flights released affect the prices?

What are my options to minimize cost?

Cheers!
If you wait till after the prelim you'll be getting nothing anywhere near $1200, especially if West Coast make it too. Snap that up now, and if by chance there are cheaper flights with Tiger or Jetstar you'll still be able to refund the flexi fare and rebook the cheaper flights.

Flights who needs em, I not prepared to book fights for a less than 50/50 chance of needing to use them. Rather just wait till the PF is won then load the old station wagon with gear and hit the road on the Tuesday. 2 drivers straight through take turns sleeping in the back, be there for the parade easy. Certainly takes the stress outa having tickets with a 60% chance of them being scrap paper.

I can't afford it this time. My brother (who is a member) is getting my priority seat should we make it.

Etihad stadium still has bronze packages available for $950 if any one is looking for the cheapest option. Which gets you a ticket go the gf in level four plus a brunch 2 course breakfast at etihad stadium.

Rather just wait till the PF is won then load the old station wagon with gear and hit the road on the Tuesday. 2 drivers straight through take turns sleeping in the back, be there for the parade easy.
This has at least briefly crossed my mind but the only person crazy enough to do it with us is an Eagles' supporter, if it was a derby no matter who won I just can't see the trip home ending well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back