AFL Hierarchy's disposition towards Hawthorn?

• Thread starter BOP66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks the afl is against hawthorn is probably seeing things that aren't there. Anyone who thinks they AREN'T wishing for swans success are probably doing the same thing.

I've seen people citing financial reasons for them wishing hawthorn's success. How much more so for swans?

Overall, regardless of what the afl's motivations are, we won two flags in a row, and I have no doubt at all that our very tough draw contributed to that. Couple that with Sydney's easy draw, which could only have helped with placing a pretender in the grand final, to play a legitimate combatant.

These things have only helped hawthorn. Whether by some design that went horribly wrong or through some random alignment, we won a premiership the year after saluting. Thank you afl.

I must admit that I was a little bemused when Vlad wore a purple tie to the 2013 grand final. Freudian slip or wishful thinking!
Yeah, but he was wearing brown* undies.

*Can't be sure if they were brown at the start of the GF

Last edited:
I don't get the issues with our fixture this year either. The 6 day breaks were a pain, but sometimes you have to cop it. Our draw worked for us perfectly though, the softer run through the middle allowed us to use our depth players when injuries hampered us. The semi-final like run from late July also assisted us as we were hardened for tough games. Just look what the soft run-in and soft prelim did for Sydney - it was hardly advantageous.

You're always going to cop a tough draw when you're the premiers. Next year we're almost guaranteed to play Sydney, Port and Geelog twice. Relish it. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I don't think there's an anti-Hawthorn conspiracy in the ranks of the AFL. But I don't think we're exactly their favourite club in the comp either.

Yeah .... Razor grew up barracking for the hawks!

These threads are what they are ... but I must admit that I was a little bemused when Vlad wore a purple tie to the 2013 grand final. Freudian slip or wishful thinking!

You can understand the powers that be wanting the new teams to win, and are not really keen a competition that is dominated by one club, as we have over several decades, so I can understand the wearing of colours, but I don't believe they stoop to outright cheating. As with the umpires, I realize they are humane, and make mistakes, and maybe in a split second 50/50 decision, the new club could be advantaged, but there would be no pre game agenda.

You can understand the powers that be wanting the new teams to win, and are not really keen a competition that is dominated by one club, as we have over several decades, so I can understand the wearing of colours, but I don't believe they stoop to outright cheating. As with the umpires, I realize they are humane, and make mistakes, and maybe in a split second 50/50 decision, the new club could be advantaged, but there would be no pre game agenda.

Miss the Sydney/Fremantle Final then????

The reason for this post is just an observation I've made following the '13 & '14 Premierships.
Twice when the cameras have focused on Demetriou in "13 & Gil/Fitzpatrick in '14, both times they didn't look impressed at all. In fact the term a face that has just sucked a lemon look is so apt.
I know the AFL despises us & seeing us successful must be a dagger to their heart, but gee the blatant & obvious disdain is totally unprofessional!
Now granted after the 2012 GF which I've not watched a second of the replay, does anyone know how the fat controller (Demitriou) behaved? I'm sure he would of been a tad happier than he was in '13.
Not that really concerns me, as I love making the AFL look stupid. Go Hawks.
deal with it.gif

Vlad ...... correct me if I'm wrong because I cannot recall the precise quote, but didn't he say before the 2012 GF that he wanted Sydney to win?

We've all seen how morose the AFL executive appeared after our 2 flags, but remember this. By their actions throughout the year, most of them couldn't give a stuff what happens on the field. Also, they've probably been dragged out of an all expenses paid liquid lunch upstairs which started 6 hours beforehand. They were doing well to stand up. Some of them probably weren't even sure who won.

The reason for this post is just an observation I've made following the '13 & '14 Premierships.
Twice when the cameras have focused on Demetriou in "13 & Gil/Fitzpatrick in '14, both times they didn't look impressed at all. In fact the term a face that has just sucked a lemon look is so apt.
I know the AFL despises us & seeing us successful must be a dagger to their heart, but gee the blatant & obvious disdain is totally unprofessional!

Stopped reading here. People need to take a step back and think rationally about how stupid they sound when they make claims like this. It probably wont get the criticism it deserves posted here in the safety of the Hawthorn board, but make no mistake these sort of comments deserve ridicule. I always encourage people who spout this crap to imagine for a second the same thing coming from an opposition club supporter's mouth (which it invariably does). Idiotic right?

EDIT: Just read through the thread and I am happy to see that the sentiments were roundly criticised. I'm quite proud of that fact. The sooner we bury this nonsense and self police irrational claims like this the better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you read their board, they are up in arms. The feel they will be neglected in favour of GWS.

The $wines board is currently experiencing the paralyzing effects of post traumatic stress disorder....Otherwise known as: The Fuku$hitme syndrome!o_O

You can see where they're coming from:

1. AFL gives $ydney COLA
2. AFL makes competitor in home state
3. AFL gives recruiting concessions to competitor
4. AFL helps $ydney snare top line players, signs off on trades/free agency
5. AFL then punishes $ydney for using COLA and snaring top line players
6. AFL removes COLA

I admit, I wouldn't be happy if I was them. While they definitely benefited from the advantage they had, you don't give a kid a toy and then take it away without expecting them to cry.

Hate to break it to you but we WILL get a horror draw. And so we should.

And this will differ from the last 4 years how???

What will actually be interesting to see is the draw the $wines are given....That right there will tell us everything we need to know!

I find the trade ban interesting. It's like the AFL is punishing them for failing with all the help they've been given.

"You can't even win with Buddy and Tippett, you don't deserve our help!"

Don't believe they're anti-Hawthorn though. I think if any other Melbourne team were in our position, they'd react the same. Think the best comparison would be seeing their faces after Geelong hammered Port. Anyone got footage of that?

You can see where they're coming from:

1. AFL gives $ydney COLA
2. AFL makes competitor in home state
3. AFL gives recruiting concessions to competitor
4. AFL helps $ydney snare top line players, signs off on trades/free agency
5. AFL then punishes $ydney for using COLA and snaring top line players
6. AFL removes COLA

I admit, I wouldn't be happy if I was them. While they definitely benefited from the advantage they had, you don't give a kid a toy and then take it away without expecting them to cry.

I don't understand this line of thought at all. What you shouldn't do is ask other clubs to pay $1 million in the name of equalization and then give another club (one who has played in 11 or the past 12 finals series, 4 grand finals, 2 flags) extra money in their salary cap. It just had to stop, and if they are crying, they certainly are like kids ... spoilt brats.

I

About what?

About any real significant change in the philosophical position of the current administration compared to the old.

Don't be fooled by the current trading sanctions against the Swans....They have another guaranteed top 2 Guns for the 2015 Draft from both their Academy & a Father/Son!....It is also merely a stop-gap measure to aid & assist G.W.S in the interim, by having first dibs on procuring experienced Sydney bound players!

Stopped reading here. People need to take a step back and think rationally about how stupid they sound when they make claims like this. It probably wont get the criticism it deserves posted here in the safety of the Hawthorn board, but make no mistake these sort of comments deserve ridicule. I always encourage people who spout this crap to imagine for a second the same thing coming from an opposition club supporter's mouth (which it invariably does). Idiotic right?

EDIT: Just read through the thread and I am happy to see that the sentiments were roundly criticized. I'm quite proud of that fact. The sooner we bury this nonsense and self police irrational claims like this the better.
Gee all I made was an observation there Ok. & it was plain to see to all & sundry that the officialdom were not happy we won!
I don't appreciate being called stupid or idiotic either thanks!
& while we're here & I really don't give a proverbial that it makes me sound paranoid, but you can not deny that the bleeders get an easier run than we do in terms of the fixture.

*2012 we were the higher ranking side had a less day break in the PF thanks to the AFL's blunder of not booking the ANZ stadium properly.
*look at our start to the season in 2013 compared to the Swans who were the premiers in 2012

Hey the AFL go on all about equalization but I don't see it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing & it's a testament to our great & wonderful club that we got the chocs in '13 & '14.
Dam it so people can't come on here & give an opinion?
Well guess what pal I'll keep coming & If I feel I got to vent, I'll vent.

Gee all I made was an observation there Ok. & it was plain to see to all & sundry that the officialdom were not happy we won!
I don't appreciate being called stupid or idiotic either thanks!
& while we're here & I really don't give a proverbial that it makes me sound paranoid, but you can not deny that the bleeders get an easier run than we do in terms of the fixture.

*2012 we were the higher ranking side had a less day break in the PF thanks to the AFL's blunder of not booking the ANZ stadium properly.
*look at our start to the season in 2013 compared to the Swans who were the premiers in 2012

Hey the AFL go on all about equalization but I don't see it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing & it's a testament to our great & wonderful club that we got the chocs in '13 & '14.
Dam it so people can't come on here & give an opinion?
Well guess what pal I'll keep coming & If I feel I got to vent, I'll vent.

I guess sprouting this paranoid nonsense on a forum is a lot cheaper than paying for a psychiatrist. Unfortunately you won't find the prescription you so obviously need here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back