AFL investigating 2 Freo games.

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be about umpiring for sure. Very very dodgey for a few years.

If the AFL were investigating dodgy umpiring do you really think they would tell the media?

That would be the biggest scandal in AFL history.

Hmmm. Wonder which ones? The only howler I can think of that we lost when we should have won was the St Kilda game. The one last year, everyone knew we were resting players even before the lists cane out, we could hardly be accused of match fixing there, could we?

Wonder what it is... Has to either be the shocking umpiring we've had or possibly the Saint Kilda game?

Will probably end up being an incident Fyfe did off the ball that they missed and will give him a 4 week holiday to start the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will the AFLs integrity unit who has more conflicts of interest than a Big Pharmaceutical Executive be doing the investigation?

Last edited:
If a massive bet was put on St Kilda after Hayes announced his retirement then we get pounded I expect the betting agencies will be leading the charge in this investigation.

Someone could have paid off their house with a $1,000 bet on the Saints by over 10 goals.

Or maybe it's the bloke who put his house on the Dockers?

I have a really bad feeling about this. The AFL aren't going to investigate their own wrongdoing, I feel the club/some of the players may be in some trouble here.

St Kilda was one game. I don't think its because of that.

If they launch any action against the club. I'm sure the club will eagerly launch action about the umpiring in the bulldogs and geelong games.

What could it possibly be though? Cameras catch every move on the football field so I don't think it's something the players did. Nothing that the media wouldn't have picked up on. Especially if it's over two games.

You'd think it would be matter of course for a league to investigate any upset of that magnitude. Especially if there were some big bets coming in for the Saints late. An "investigation" doesn't imply any of our players are being accused of throwing the match.

It'd have to be the umpiring. An afl match would be too difficult the 'throw'... Players, coaches etc everyone would have to be in on it.

St Kilda was one game. I don't think its because of that.

If they launch any action against the club. I'm sure the club will eagerly launch action about the umpiring in the bulldogs and geelong games.

You would hope so, It has probably just dawned on them that the whole finals have been corrupted by the Geelong game, and the best 4 x teams are NOT in the PF's.

I reckon that the Cats were the 5th best side and our QF should have been against the Hawks.

Maybe I am giving the AFL too much credit for common sense.

I have a really bad feeling about this. The AFL aren't going to investigate their own wrongdoing, I feel the club/some of the players may be in some trouble here.

Bit too early for that isn't it, at present the whole story is one tweet that says they are investigating 2 Fremantle games, not us as a club. If it was something big wouldn't it be across other media?
I hope someone investigates our last two games, straight sets demands an investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back