Remove this Banner Ad

PowerDrafter

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Chicago Blackhawks
As the title suggest I'll do my best to show abit of everything here from Best 22 for all 18 clubs, list reviews.

This is done as of 27-10-2014 so pre draft and post trade.

All best 22's will be done off players who I believe will play 11+ games in 2015 or just the best players on the list.

Adelaide:
FB: Kyle Cheney, Daniel Talia, Ricky Henderson
CHB: Matthew Jaensch, Andy Otten, Brodie Smith
C: Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Rory Sloane
CHF: Eddie Betts, Taylor Walker, Charlie Cameron
FF: Josh Jenkins, James Podsiadsly, Tom Lynch
Foll: Sam Jacobs, Nathan van Berlo, Patrick Dangerfield
B: Scott Thompson, Richard Douglas, Rory Laird
S: Mitch Grigg

List Review:
Adelaide's Best 22 has some notable admissions in Matt Wright, Sam Kerridge, David Mackay, Brent Rielly and even Sam Shaw. If you're an Adelaide person this should make you very happy. Its one thing to have the best 22 in the competition, its another thing to have a group of 30 odd players who can play week in week out. Adelaides only deficiancy in their list is obviously down back. Daniel Talia will have to shoulder most of the load next year. Look for Adelaide to target someone like Mitch Brown delisted by Geelong and also Sam Durdin in the draft. Adelaide's midfield when all up and fireing on paper looks scary good and should be well fiered next season. Their avenue to goal looks promising next season as well but its not just about creating goals, its about stopping them. Hopefully the new coach will bring in a sense of flair and group commitment that they have been lacking and bring them to where they should be contending for finals.

Brisbane:
FB: Daniel Merrett, Justin Clarke, Jed Adcock
CHB: Pearce Hanley, Darcy Gardener, Tom Cutler
C: Daniel Rich, Tom Rockliff, Allen Christensen
CHF: Rohan Bewick, Michael Close, Dayne Zorko
FF: Lewis Taylor, Marco Paperone, Josh Green
Foll: Matthew Leauenberger, Jarred Redden, Dayne Beams
B: Stefan Martin, James Aish, Sam Mayes
S: Clay Beams

List Review:
The addition of Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen and the return of Daniel Rich make Brisbanes midfield scary good. With the luxuary of playing Pearce Hanley or James Aish at half back next season as well as that tiny but dangerous mousquito fleet Brisbane look on the improve. As does their list. They might play somewhat of a Port Adelaide of 2014 forwardline with Paperone at Full Forward as a Justin Westhoff type and opening it right up for the little men and Close who showed enough in the back half of the year to get the nod over Jonathon Freeman. Alot relys on Justin Clarke and Darcey Gardener in 2015. With no notable key defensive options and the departure of Joel Patful through trade and Jordan Lisle through delisting it puts alot of pressure on those two young kids. The real question Brisbane need to ask themselves is how will they stop big key forwards with two guys who have played less that 50 games? Simple answer, win the ball out of the middle and they wont have to worry. Brisbane although having trouble down back look to have the best midfield group in the league, they could be the smokey for the 8 in 2015.

Carlton
FB: Zach Toughy, Michael Jaminson, Kristen Jaksch
CHB: Ciaarn Sheehan, Sam Rowe, Andrew Walker
C: Chris Yarran, Mark Whiley, Kade Simpson
CHF: Dale Thomas, Levi Casboult, Dylan Buckley
FF: Liam Jones, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
B: Andrejs Everritt, Tom Bell, Sam Docherty
S: Chris Judd
List Review:
Carlton look amazing on paper yes? Yes, on paper Carlton look amazing but can they hold together in a big season for them and their coach? Yes, I believe they can. Unlucky to all extents in 2014 Carlton had injury apon injury and it was difficult to come back from. To match there unlucky season they lost countless numbers of games by just the narrowest of margins. Sound familiar? Yes, North Melbourne of 2013 had the same unluck. Look now they just played in a Prelim. Carlton have a wonderful list and with the additions of Kristen Jaksch and Liam Jones it gives them the height they need to (no pun intended) stand above the crowd. Goals will no longer be an issue with Casboult and Henderson finally having support and stopping them wont be hard either given Jaksch is the best CHB going around in state leagues. Although Jeff Garlett stuffed up and rightfully shown the door it leaves Carlton with a somewhat hole at half forward and no reserves to take the place, look for Chris Judd to play forward more and Andrew Walker to be pushed there aswell given he has kicked 50 in a season before also this would release Buckley to half back. My biggest issue for Carlton and their list is that C position. 22 games will need to be shared between Mark Whiley (never played), Nick Graham (still developing), Andrew Carrazzo (ageing), Patrick Cripps (never played) and Ed Curnow (can't kick). Hopefully they can pull together and have a big season.

Collingwood
FB: Tyson Goldsack, Nathan Brown, Jack Frost
CHB: Matt Scharenberg, Ben Reid, Travis Varcoe
C: Steele Sidebottom, Levi Greenwood, Paul Seedsman
CHF: Jack Crisp, Jesse White, Alex Fasolo
FF: Darcy Moore, Travis Cloke, Jamie Elliot
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury
B: Tom Langdon, Josh Thomas, Taylor Adams
S: Ben Kennedy
List Review:
Collingwoods list seems to be well placed moving into 2015. All areas look to be well covered and losing Dayne Beams might of been the best thing for Collingwood. My only quiery is, where will all their goals come from? The days of forwards kicking 80+ are gone. Travis Cloke will need huge help in 2015, expect Collingwood to go hard after someone who can kick goals apon goals apon goals. Lewis Johnson delisted from Adelaide would be a handy fit. Collingwood have a great mix of defensive players I'd love to see them be able to put teams away though.

Essendon
FB: Dustin Fletcher, Cale Hooker, Jake Carslile
CHB: Michael Hibberd, Michael Hurley, Courtney Dempsey
C: Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Adam Cooney
CHF: Jason Winderlich, Joe Daniher, David Zaharakis
FF: Paul Champman, Jonathon Giles, Zach Merrett
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell
B: Mark Baugley, Ben Howlett, David Myers
S: Jackson Merrett
List Review:
Dare I say it; Paddy Ryder's departure is the best thing to happen to Essendon. Jonathon Giles and Tom Bellchambers may be 2015's best ruck combo and something Essendon will rely on heavily. Defensively Essendon are wonderful, attacking run and skill and flair and grunt, tick tick tick. Their only and quite significant hole is Joe Daniher is their only genuine forward over 185, do they risk Carslile out of position again or do they risk a tiny forwardline. On paper you wouldn't risk the second, watching Essendon and how they play, you risk it double time.
Fremantle
FB: Michael Johnson, Alex Silvagni, Zac Dawson
CHB: Lee Spurr, Luke McPharlin, Paul Duffield
C: Danyle Pearce, Nat Fyfe, Stephan Hill
CHF: Tendai Mzungu, Matthew Pavlich, Colin Syliva
FF: Hayden Ballintyne, Matthew Tabener, Michael Walters
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Michael Barlow
B: Lachie Neale, Ryan Crowley, Chris Mayne
S: Hayden Crozier
List Review:
Although Fremantle seem to have an aging list they still look so dangerous. As per most years alot will rely on Aaron Sandilands, Luke McPharlin and Matthew Pavlich. Sandilands is the most covered ruckman in the league, likewise McPharlin in defence but Pavlich has all but no support. Given his great stature he will stand up for his team. Colin Sylvia proves pivotal to Freo staying at the top, his proven and he can take load off their superstars, with a 2014 to forget hopefully his best foot goes forward and helps Freo attempt at that long awaited Premiership.

Geelong:
FB: Andrew Mackie, Tom Longergan, Jared Rivers
CHB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Jackson Thurlow
C: Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Jordan Murdoch
CHF: Steve Johnson, Tom Hawkins, Steve Motlop
FF: Rhys Stanley, Mitch Clark, Billie Smedts
Foll: Nathan Vardy, Josh Caddy, Cam Guthrie
B: Matt Stokes, George Horlin-Smith, Jimmy Bartel
S: Mark Blicavs
List Review:
Quick to jump on them at the departure of Christensen and Varcoe and the addition of Rhys Stanley and Mitch Clark, Geelong may have blind turned the world to keep their rein going. Stanley and Clark give Tom Hawkins the support he has longed for, the departures of both Christensen and Varcoe give Geelong the opportunity to blood their young stars more often. Down back and up forward Geelong look outstanding. Their midfield is what worries me, Selwood needs help, Johnson (31) is ageing but not slowing down, can Jimmy Bartel, James Kelly, Matt Stokes and Corey Enright do it again? Or is it time to see the new cats and their true stripes? I believe yes to all.

Gold Coast
FB: Trent McKenzie, Rory Thompson, Clay Cameron
CHB: Nick Malceski, Steven May, Jarrod Hardbrow
C: Kade Kolojashnij, Dion Pestia, David Swallow
CHF: Jack Martin, Tom Lynch, Harley Bennell
FF: Charlie Dixon, Sam Day, Brandon Matera
Foll: Tom Nicholls, Jaeger O’Meara, Gary Ablett
B: Mitch Hallahan, Aaron Hall, Sean Lemmins
S: Greg Broughton
List Review:
I'll be blunt with you, this is the scariest team in the league now. Sacking McKenna was silly and un-needed, Gold Coast have the list now to push for the ultimate glory. Key defence the only position really only needed to be sured up Gold Coast may just do the unthinkable and win the Premiership. Their rucks stocks seem formidable as they do through the midfield.

GWS
FB: Joel Patful, Phil Davis, Lachie Plowman
CHB: Heath Shaw, Adam Thomlinson, Curtly Hampton
C: Tom Scully, Toby Greene, Adam Trelor
CHF: Josh Kelly, Jon Patton, Will Hoskin-Elliot
FF: Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Whitfield
Foll: Shane Mumford, Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen
B: Dylan Shiel, Matt Buntine, Steven Coniglio
S: Jed Lamb
List Review:
I wont say much here because it isn't needed but all I will say is they stuffed it. They have put themselves 2-3 years behind in development with the loss of all these top end kids at the same time. Their list now have holes everywhere and going from having the biggest plethora of tall top end kids to having 2 or 3 left is very sad. Phil Davis has no support in defence anymore likewise Cameron up front with Patton going down with a knee late in 2014. How are they meant to win games if they can’t stop them or kick them? Ryan Griffen’s health also makes a big difference to this team, if he stays fit the midfield group could form together nicely but with no depth pre draft on the list they are looking in serious trouble.

Hawthorn
FB: Josh Gibson, James Frawley, Matt Suckling
CHB: Shaun Burgoyne, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
C: Brad Hill, Luke Hodge, Isaac Smith
CHF: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Luke Breust
FF: David Hale, Jack Gunstan, Paul Puopolo
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell
B: Will Langford, Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels
S: Billy Hartung
List Review:
Did the back to back reining Premiers just get better? Yes, yes they did and if they can get the old group fireing again in 2015 look out, 3 peat on the way. Depth in every single area, need I say more? All Hawthorn need need is to dog fight through 2015 season and power through another finals campain.

Melbourne
FB: Lynden Dunn, Sam Frost, Jeremy Howe
CHB: Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Neville Jetta
C: Christian Salem, Nathan Jones, Matt Jones
CHF: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Chris Dawes, Bernie Vince
FF: Jack Watts, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett
Foll: Mark Jamar, Jack Viney, Dom Tyson
B: Tom McDonald, Jack Trengove, Dean Terlich
S: Heritier Lumumba
List Review:
Do we dare think that Melbourne are on the improve? Finally, there is a glimmer of hope. Actual key defenders, a superstar key forward in the making and the tool of the century leaves Melbourne with some hope towards 2015, I'm not saying finals but I am saying not so much heart break for you true believers out there.

North Melbourne
FB: Lachie Hansen, Scott Thomson, Luke McDonald
CHB: Shaun Higgins, Nathan Grima, Nick Dal Santo
C: Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Atley
CHF: Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Kayne Turner
FF: Ben Brown, Aaron Black, Lindsay Thomas
Foll: Todd Golstein, Jack Ziebell, Ben Cunnington
B: Ryan Bastinac, Jamie Macmillian, Aaron Mullet
S: Sam Wright
List Review:
Probably the last year in their premiership window in 2015 North will need all the power they can, ageing all over the field and no real genuine key defensive stocks they could've gone after someone like Frawley. Shaun Higgins adds huge diversity to the team with Shaun Atley likely to be released into the midfield. Waite and Petrie look to play 22 games between them to allow Brown and Black to flourish, Robbie Tarrant is the interesting one for me, he could have a huge 2015 and push them both out altogether.

Port Adelaide
FB: Tom Jonas, Alipate Carlile, Jack Hombsch
CHB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Jared Polec, Ollie Wines, Hamish Hartlett
CHF: Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
FF: Paddy Ryder, Jay Schulz, Angus Monfies
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Brad Ebert, Travis Boak
B: Andrew Moore, Cam O’Shea, Matt White
S: Aaron Young
List Review:
My beloved team is in for a huge 2015, Carn the Mighty Power!

Richmond
FB: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, David Astbury
CHB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Shaun Grigg
C: Brett Deledio, Anthony Miles, Brandon Ellis
CHF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon
FF: Ty Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, Shaun Edwards
Foll: Ivan Maric, Matt Thomas, Trent Cotchin
B: Nick Vlastuin, Reece Conca, Matt Arnot
S: Nathan Foley
List Review:
Richmond missed the boat this offseason, stuck on the main land they are now back in the pack after missing the chance to put themselves 2 steps ahead. Their list has no real diversity and is very one paced, a great back half to 2014 gave many hope but unless Richmond pull a cat out of the bag, much more of the first half of 2014 will be seen.

St Kilda
FB: Sean Dempster, Luke Delaney, Jarryn Geary
CHB: Jimmy Webster, Josh Bruce, Sam Fisher
C: Farren Ray, David Armitage, Jack Steven
CHF: Jack Billings, Nick Riewoldt, Brodie Murdoch
FF: Tom Lee, Spencer White, Adam Schieder
Foll: Tom Hickey, Luke Dunstan, Leigh Montagna
B: Blake Ackers, Shane Savage, Jack Newnes
S: Josh Saunders
List Review:
St Kilda look rough around the edges but you can see a core group forming, 2-3 years of development and good drafting could see St Kilda back up near the finals race.

Sydney
FB: Nick Smith, Ted Richards, Jeremy Laidler
CHB: Ryce Shaw, Heath Grundy, Gary Rohan
C: Lewis Jetta, Josh Kennedy, Dan Hannebery
CHF: Luke Parker, Lance Franklin, Keiron Jack
FF: Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Sam Reid
Foll: Mike Pyke, Tom Mitchell, Ben McGlynn
B: Alex Johnson, Jarrad McVeigh, Harry Cunningham
S: Jake Lloyd
List Review:
Any list with Lance Franklin on it looks terrifying, add the rest of the Sydney team and it makes little kids wet their beds more than when they see clowns. Hard done by the AFL Sydney lost Malceski and weren't able to replace him, or were they? getting Isaac Heeney for all but scraps proved the biggest win of the offseason, Heeney will be a star at Sydney with champions to learn off it'll put him in great sted. Sydney look to be causing more havoc again in 2015, I'd really like them to get some back up for Richards and Grundy though as both are ageing and their looks to be no replacements delveoping in the wings.

West Coast
FB: Beau Waters, Mitch Brown, Will Schofield
CHB: Elliot Yeo, Eric McKenzie, Shannon Hurn
C: Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Chris Masten
CHF: Sharrod Wellingham, Jeremy McGovern, Josh Hill
FF: Jack Darling, Josh Kennedy, Mark Lecras
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Scott Selwood, Luke Shuey
B: Matt Rosa, Scott Lycett, Jamie Bennell
S: Dom Sheed
List Review:
Like Richmond West Coast missed the boat. Matt Priddis looks a lone hand in 2015 for yet another year, with no real clear leadership standing out in 2015 after the loss of Glass and Cox 2015 looks like a tough year in the making unless they can pull a gem out from the WAFL the eagles look to struggle with depth and character.

Western Bulldogs
FB: Dale Morriss, Jordan Roughead, Zaine Cordy
CHB: Robert Murphy, Michael Talia, Jason Johanisen
C: Jack Macrae, Matt Boyd, Clay Smith
CHF: Koby Stevens, Tom Boyd, Luke Dalhause
FF: Jake Stringer, Tom Campbell, Stewart Crameri
Foll: Will Minson, Marcus Bontepelli, Tom Liberetore
B: Lin Jong, Nathan Hrovat, Lachie Hunter
S: Tory Dickson
List Review:
I love the Western Bulldogs but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Jones all gone and they got probably the most overrated footballer in the game, yes they got the key forward they have all longed for but no, this offseason was a faliure, I was hoping the doggies would have a huge 2015 and push for finals, but now, no coach, no captain, no star players to take the load off these young pups the future looks bleak for these doggies, I hope with all my power that they dig deep and pull through because the competition is better when the doggies are playing well!

As the title suggest I'll do my best to show abit of everything here from Best 22 for all 18 clubs, list reviews.

All best 22's will be done off players who I believe will play 11+ games in 2015 or just the best players on the list.

Adelaide:
You think Otten will play 11+ games next year? Good luck. the bloke will still be on crutches. :D

Western Bulldogs
List Review:
I love the Western Bulldogs but WHAT HAVE THEY DONE, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Jones all gone and they got probably the most overrated footballer in the game, yes they got the key forward they have all longed for but no, this offseason was a faliure, I was hoping the doggies would have a huge 2015 and push for finals, but now, no coach, no captain, no star players to take the load off these young pups the future looks bleak for these doggies, I hope with all my power that they dig deep and pull through because the competition is better when the doggies are playing well!
Also Griffen had to go, Cooney isn't that big a loss, Higgins while a good player isn't integral to the side, Jones meh. We also picked up the number 1 draft pick from last year, in a position we've been crying out for forever. Not sure how he's the most overrated player in the game. It's not all doom and gloom, it's an extremely young side but one full of talent. And when you say "no star players" I'm assuming you don't count Libba, Morris, Murphy or Matty Boyd in there. While not all exactly "star players", all of them are better than everyone we lost bar Griffen.

Liam Picken is one of the first picked, as is Wallis when fit. Both extremely integral to our side.

Smith won't play more than 11 games next year because of injuries, but when fit is in there. Campbell probably won't either. JJ maybe, Jong maybe, Hunter maybe, Stevens maybe. Biggs should be in there, as should Wood. Fletch I would put in over Talia, but that's much of a muchness.

FB: Dale Morris, Jordan Roughead, Liam Picken
CHB: Robert Murphy, Fletcher Roberts/Michael Talia, Jason Johanisen
C: Jack Macrae, Mitch Wallis, Easton Wood
CHF: Nathan Hrovat, Stewart Crameri, Tory Dickson
FF: Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Boyd, Jake Stringer
Foll: Will Minson, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
B: Matt Boyd, Koby Stevens, Shane Biggs
S: Lachie Hunter

Also pushing for a spot: Jong, Honeychurch, Grant, Darley, Campbell, Cordyx2, Redpath, and the draftees.

Cheers for the effort. It seems like you're afraid of quite a few teams though:

Adelaide's midfield when all up and firing on paper looks scary good
The addition of Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen and the return of Daniel Rich make Brisbanes midfield scary good.
I'll be blunt with you, this is the scariest team in the league now.
Any list with Lance Franklin on it looks terrifying

And I'm going to have to disagree with quite a few of the reviews. Carlton certainly do not look amazing on paper.

These three lines look particularly weak.

And I reckon GWS's list looks the most balanced it ever has. They finally have some senior players to help out their maturing younger guys. They're not just a team of kids anymore.

You think Otten will play 11+ games next year? Good luck. the bloke will still be on crutches. :D

I mentioned at the top of the thread that it would be players of best 22 without injuries. Shows the flaws in Adelaide's backline.

Also Griffen had to go, Cooney isn't that big a loss, Higgins while a good player isn't integral to the side, Jones meh. We also picked up the number 1 draft pick from last year, in a position we've been crying out for forever. Not sure how he's the most overrated player in the game. It's not all doom and gloom, it's an extremely young side but one full of talent. And when you say "no star players" I'm assuming you don't count Libba, Morris, Murphy or Matty Boyd in there. While not all exactly "star players", all of them are better than everyone we lost bar Griffen.

Liam Picken is one of the first picked, as is Wallis when fit. Both extremely integral to our side.

Smith won't play more than 11 games next year because of injuries, but when fit is in there. Campbell probably won't either. JJ maybe, Jong maybe, Hunter maybe, Stevens maybe. Biggs should be in there, as should Wood. Fletch I would put in over Talia, but that's much of a muchness.

FB: Dale Morris, Jordan Roughead, Liam Picken
CHB: Robert Murphy, Fletcher Roberts/Michael Talia, Jason Johanisen
C: Jack Macrae, Mitch Wallis, Easton Wood
CHF: Nathan Hrovat, Stewart Crameri, Tory Dickson
FF: Luke Dahlhaus, Tom Boyd, Jake Stringer
Foll: Will Minson, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
B: Matt Boyd, Koby Stevens, Shane Biggs
S: Lachie Hunter

Also pushing for a spot: Jong, Honeychurch, Grant, Darley, Campbell, Cordyx2, Redpath, and the draftees.

Griffen was your captain and statically in the best 5 players in the league. Griffen is a huge loss, he took the tag and is a leader. Cooney is a bigger loss than you think, although skill wise he is no longer in your best 22 best his experience and leadership is a huge loss to such a young group. Higgins is a skilful player, North Melbourne are chasing a premiership and they went and got a highly skilled player, surprise surprise, that's Shaun Higgins, at 26 he still had so much to offer a young group. Jones had too much pressure on him at the dogs, he was always the number 1 forward, he clearly isn't now at Carlton watch him flourish, if Jones had've stayed at the dogs he would've got the 2nd defender, he would've taken the next step and changed games.

On Tom Boyd, yes he was number 1, Tom Boyd is slow, his marking is bare passable and his kicking is 40 meters if that. Boyd is tall ill give him that but Tom Boyd will not be the Bulldogs saviour, he is no Jeremy Cameron, Jon Patton, Joe Daniher, he does not have a skill that sets him above the rest. He was overrated when and he will be overrated when he finishes his career at the dogs in 7 years time. He will be 26 and a multiple millionaire, why would he stay at the dogs? He will be going into the prime of his career and coming out of contract, the bulldogs muffed the contract.

Griffen was your captain and statically in the best 5 players in the league. Griffen is a huge loss, he took the tag and is a leader. Cooney is a bigger loss than you think, although skill wise he is no longer in your best 22 best his experience and leadership is a huge loss to such a young group. Higgins is a skilful player, North Melbourne are chasing a premiership and they went and got a highly skilled player, surprise surprise, that's Shaun Higgins, at 26 he still had so much to offer a young group. Jones had too much pressure on him at the dogs, he was always the number 1 forward, he clearly isn't now at Carlton watch him flourish, if Jones had've stayed at the dogs he would've got the 2nd defender, he would've taken the next step and changed games.

On Tom Boyd, yes he was number 1, Tom Boyd is slow, his marking is bare passable and his kicking is 40 meters if that. Boyd is tall ill give him that but Tom Boyd will not be the Bulldogs saviour, he is no Jeremy Cameron, Jon Patton, Joe Daniher, he does not have a skill that sets him above the rest. He was overrated when and he will be overrated when he finishes his career at the dogs in 7 years time. He will be 26 and a multiple millionaire, why would he stay at the dogs? He will be going into the prime of his career and coming out of contract, the bulldogs muffed the contract.
Griffen is a huge loss player wise, but I think his actions showed that he wasn't a leader.

Cooney isn't really that big a loss, he played 2 good games this year and that's it. He's also not really a huge leader.

Like I've said, Higgins and Jones meh. Jones wanted out, Higgins wanted out, we move on. They're not huge losses.

You're trying to make it look like the Dogs are in crisis for some reason and doomed to be the next Melbourne. Our legions of young guns will ensure that won't be the case. You trying to mark down Tom Boyd, it just screams of jealousy more than anything. He's definitely equal to Patton and Daniher, Cameron is a freak, but he's still a great young player that is still learning the AFL craft. And when he's 26, well hopefully we'll be challenging for a flag and he'll want to stay. He'll also have built bonds with the players around him and maybe he'll actually like the environment he's in. Your points make no sense and in some cases they're flat out wrong.

You're trying to make it look like the Dogs are in crisis for some reason and doomed to be the next Melbourne. Our legions of young guns will ensure that won't be the case. You trying to mark down Tom Boyd, it just screams of jealousy more than anything. He's definitely equal to Patton and Daniher, Cameron is a freak, but he's still a great young player that is still learning the AFL craft. And when he's 26, well hopefully we'll be challenging for a flag and he'll want to stay. He'll also have built bonds with the players around him and maybe he'll actually like the environment he's in. Your points make no sense and in some cases they're flat out wrong.
If the dogs can get by without the older players in the squad, they will come good in 2-3 years time. I really rate the midfield, but this season it was clear that when some of your older players werent firing, the younger guys werent good enough to make the up the difference (just look to how much better Libba played when Griff was also int he team).

I expect Boyd to be a very good player, but not for another 2-3 years. Given the age and experience of your squad, I wouldnt be surprised to see you guys go 1 step backwards in 2015, but think this will mean you will be stronger in the future.

If the dogs can get by without the older players in the squad, they will come good in 2-3 years time. I really rate the midfield, but this season it was clear that when some of your older players werent firing, the younger guys werent good enough to make the up the difference (just look to how much better Libba played when Griff was also int he team).

I expect Boyd to be a very good player, but not for another 2-3 years. Given the age and experience of your squad, I wouldnt be surprised to see you guys go 1 step backwards in 2015, but think this will mean you will be stronger in the future.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we're going to challenge next year, or even improve. I won't be surprised if we go backwards honestly, and nobody is expecting Boyd to fire next year.

But honestly, none of the people we lost apart from Griffen are a major cog in our team, Jones could be argued and sad to see him go, but he's not a big loss in my eyes. And throughout the year, Griffen showed some good signs obviously, and Jones had a couple of amazing games. But mainly, it was guys like Libba, Bontempelli, Macrae, Wallis, Stringer all stepping up and taking the reins. And while you say the younger guys weren't good enough to make up the difference, I think the correct terminology is that they're not experienced enough to handle the tag or the extra attention, which will come with more experience. And now that they know Griffen and Gia and the like won't be out there, they know they'll have to step up. And I'm confident they will, because each time the young guns have been challenged, they've excelled. Case in point, Macrae copped a public spray from the coach and came out next week and was BOG and became the youngest player to get over 40 possessions.

Of course I'm biased and optimistic, but if I wasn't then being a Dogs supporter I'd probably have to off myself :p

Adelaide:

List Review:
Adelaide's Best 22 has some notable admissions in Matt Wright, Sam Kerridge, David Mackay, Brent Rielly and even Sam Shaw. If you're an Adelaide person this should make you very happy. Its one thing to have the best 22 in the competition, its another thing to have a group of 30 odd players who can play week in week out. Adelaides only deficiancy in their list is obviously down back. Daniel Talia will have to shoulder most of the load next year. Look for Adelaide to target someone like Mitch Brown delisted by Geelong and also Sam Durdin in the draft. Adelaide's midfield when all up and fireing on paper looks scary good and should be well fiered next season. Their avenue to goal looks promising next season as well but its not just about creating goals, its about stopping them. Hopefully the new coach will bring in a sense of flair and group commitment that they have been lacking and bring them to where they should be contending for finals.

Brisbane:
FB: Daniel Merrett, Justin Clarke, Jed Adcock
CHB: Pearce Hanley, Darcy Gardener, Tom Cutler
C: Daniel Rich, Tom Rockliff, Allen Christensen
CHF: Rohan Bewick, Michael Close, Dayne Zorko
FF: Lewis Taylor, Marco Paperone, Josh Green
Foll: Matthew Leauenberger, Jarred Redden, Dayne Beams
B: Stefan Martin, James Aish, Sam Mayes
S: Clay Beams

List Review:
The addition of Dayne Beams and Allen Christensen and the return of Daniel Rich make Brisbanes midfield scary good. With the luxuary of playing Pearce Hanley or James Aish at half back next season as well as that tiny but dangerous mousquito fleet Brisbane look on the improve. As does their list. They might play somewhat of a Port Adelaide of 2014 forwardline with Paperone at Full Forward as a Justin Westhoff type and opening it right up for the little men and Close who showed enough in the back half of the year to get the nod over Jonathon Freeman. Alot relys on Justin Clarke and Darcey Gardener in 2015. With no notable key defensive options and the departure of Joel Patful through trade and Jordan Lisle through delisting it puts alot of pressure on those two young kids. The real question Brisbane need to ask themselves is how will they stop big key forwards with two guys who have played less that 50 games? Simple answer, win the ball out of the middle and they wont have to worry. Brisbane although having trouble down back look to have the best midfield group in the league, they could be the smokey for the 8 in 2015.

Carlton
FB: Zach Toughy, Michael Jaminson, Kristen Jaksch
FF: Liam Jones, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy
B: Andrejs Everritt, Tom Bell, Sam Docherty
S: Chris Judd
List Review:
Carlton look amazing on paper yes? Yes, on paper Carlton look amazing but can they hold together in a big season for them and their coach? Yes, I believe they can. Unlucky to all extents in 2014 Carlton had injury apon injury and it was difficult to come back from. To match there unlucky season they lost countless numbers of games by just the narrowest of margins. Sound familiar? Yes, North Melbourne of 2013 had the same unluck. Look now they just played in a Prelim. Carlton have a wonderful list and with the additions of Kristen Jaksch and Liam Jones it gives them the height they need to (no pun intended) stand above the crowd. Goals will no longer be an issue with Casboult and Henderson finally having support and stopping them wont be hard either given Jaksch is the best CHB going around in state leagues. Although Jeff Garlett stuffed up and rightfully shown the door it leaves Carlton with a somewhat hole at half forward and no reserves to take the place, look for Chris Judd to play forward more and Andrew Walker to be pushed there aswell given he has kicked 50 in a season before also this would release Buckley to half back. My biggest issue for Carlton and their list is that C position. 22 games will need to be shared between Mark Whiley (never played), Nick Graham (still developing), Andrew Carrazzo (ageing), Patrick Cripps (never played) and Ed Curnow (can't kick). Hopefully they can pull together and have a big season.

Collingwood
FB: Tyson Goldsack, Nathan Brown, Jack Frost
CHB: Matt Scharenberg, Ben Reid, Travis Varcoe
C: Steele Sidebottom, Levi Greenwood, Paul Seedsman
CHF: Jack Crisp, Jesse White, Alex Fasolo
FF: Darcy Moore, Travis Cloke, Jamie Elliot
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury
B: Tom Langdon, Josh Thomas, Taylor Adams
S: Ben Kennedy
List Review:
Collingwoods list seems to be well placed moving into 2015. All areas look to be well covered and losing Dayne Beams might of been the best thing for Collingwood. My only quiery is, where will all their goals come from? The days of forwards kicking 80+ are gone. Travis Cloke will need huge help in 2015, expect Collingwood to go hard after someone who can kick goals apon goals apon goals. Lewis Johnson delisted from Adelaide would be a handy fit. Collingwood have a great mix of defensive players I'd love to see them be able to put teams away though.

Essendon
FB: Dustin Fletcher, Cale Hooker, Jake Carslile
CHB: Michael Hibberd, Michael Hurley, Courtney Dempsey
C: Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Adam Cooney
CHF: Jason Winderlich, Joe Daniher, David Zaharakis
FF: Paul Champman, Jonathon Giles, Zach Merrett
Foll: Tom Bellchambers, Brendon Goddard, Dyson Heppell
B: Mark Baugley, Ben Howlett, David Myers
S: Jackson Merrett
List Review:
Dare I say it; Paddy Ryder's departure is the best thing to happen to Essendon. Jonathon Giles and Tom Bellchambers may be 2015's best ruck combo and something Essendon will rely on heavily. Defensively Essendon are wonderful, attacking run and skill and flair and grunt, tick tick tick. Their only and quite significant hole is Joe Daniher is their only genuine forward over 185, do they risk Carslile out of position again or do they risk a tiny forwardline. On paper you wouldn't risk the second, watching Essendon and how they play, you risk it double time.
Fremantle
FB: Michael Johnson, Alex Silvagni, Zac Dawson
CHB: Lee Spurr, Luke McPharlin, Paul Duffield
C: Danyle Pearce, Nat Fyfe, Stephan Hill
CHF: Tendai Mzungu, Matthew Pavlich, Colin Syliva
FF: Hayden Ballintyne, Matthew Tabener, Michael Walters
Foll: Aaron Sandilands, David Mundy, Michael Barlow
B: Lachie Neale, Ryan Crowley, Chris Mayne
S: Hayden Crozier
List Review:
Although Fremantle seem to have an aging list they still look so dangerous. As per most years alot will rely on Aaron Sandilands, Luke McPharlin and Matthew Pavlich. Sandilands is the most covered ruckman in the league, likewise McPharlin in defence but Pavlich has all but no support. Given his great stature he will stand up for his team. Colin Sylvia proves pivotal to Freo staying at the top, his proven and he can take load off their superstars, with a 2014 to forget hopefully his best foot goes forward and helps Freo attempt at that long awaited Premiership.

Geelong:
FB: Andrew Mackie, Tom Longergan, Jared Rivers
CHB: Corey Enright, Harry Taylor, Jackson Thurlow
C: Mitch Duncan, Joel Selwood, Jordan Murdoch
CHF: Steve Johnson, Tom Hawkins, Steve Motlop
FF: Rhys Stanley, Mitch Clark, Billie Smedts
Foll: Nathan Vardy, Josh Caddy, Cam Guthrie
B: Matt Stokes, George Horlin-Smith, Jimmy Bartel
S: Mark Blicavs
List Review:
Quick to jump on them at the departure of Christensen and Varcoe and the addition of Rhys Stanley and Mitch Clark, Geelong may have blind turned the world to keep their rein going. Stanley and Clark give Tom Hawkins the support he has longed for, the departures of both Christensen and Varcoe give Geelong the opportunity to blood their young stars more often. Down back and up forward Geelong look outstanding. Their midfield is what worries me, Selwood needs help, Johnson (31) is ageing but not slowing down, can Jimmy Bartel, James Kelly, Matt Stokes and Corey Enright do it again? Or is it time to see the new cats and their true stripes? I believe yes to all.

Gold Coast
FB: Trent McKenzie, Rory Thompson, Clay Cameron
CHB: Nick Malceski, Steven May, Jarrod Hardbrow
C: Kade Kolojashnij, Dion Pestia, David Swallow
CHF: Jack Martin, Tom Lynch, Harley Bennell
FF: Charlie Dixon, Sam Day, Brandon Matera
Foll: Tom Nicholls, Jaeger O’Meara, Gary Ablett
B: Mitch Hallahan, Aaron Hall, Sean Lemmins
S: Greg Broughton
List Review:
I'll be blunt with you, this is the scariest team in the league now. Sacking McKenna was silly and un-needed, Gold Coast have the list now to push for the ultimate glory. Key defence the only position really only needed to be sured up Gold Coast may just do the unthinkable and win the Premiership. Their rucks stocks seem formidable as they do through the midfield.

GWS
FB: Joel Patful, Phil Davis, Lachie Plowman
CHB: Heath Shaw, Adam Thomlinson, Curtly Hampton
C: Tom Scully, Toby Greene, Adam Trelor
CHF: Josh Kelly, Jon Patton, Will Hoskin-Elliot
FF: Devon Smith, Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Whitfield
Foll: Shane Mumford, Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen
B: Dylan Shiel, Matt Buntine, Steven Coniglio
S: Jed Lamb
List Review:
I wont say much here because it isn't needed but all I will say is they stuffed it. They have put themselves 2-3 years behind in development with the loss of all these top end kids at the same time. Their list now have holes everywhere and going from having the biggest plethora of tall top end kids to having 2 or 3 left is very sad. Phil Davis has no support in defence anymore likewise Cameron up front with Patton going down with a knee late in 2014. How are they meant to win games if they can’t stop them or kick them? Ryan Griffen’s health also makes a big difference to this team, if he stays fit the midfield group could form together nicely but with no depth pre draft on the list they are looking in serious trouble.

Hawthorn
FB: Josh Gibson, James Frawley, Matt Suckling
CHB: Shaun Burgoyne, Brian Lake, Grant Birchall
C: Brad Hill, Luke Hodge, Isaac Smith
CHF: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Luke Breust
FF: David Hale, Jack Gunstan, Paul Puopolo
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell
B: Will Langford, Ben Stratton, Liam Shiels
S: Billy Hartung
List Review:
Did the back to back reining Premiers just get better? Yes, yes they did and if they can get the old group fireing again in 2015 look out, 3 peat on the way. Depth in every single area, need I say more? All Hawthorn need need is to dog fight through 2015 season and power through another finals campain.

Melbourne
FB: Lynden Dunn, Sam Frost, Jeremy Howe
CHB: Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Neville Jetta
C: Christian Salem, Nathan Jones, Matt Jones
CHF: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Chris Dawes, Bernie Vince
FF: Jack Watts, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett
Foll: Mark Jamar, Jack Viney, Dom Tyson
B: Tom McDonald, Jack Trengove, Dean Terlich
S: Heritier Lumumba
List Review:
Do we dare think that Melbourne are on the improve? Finally, there is a glimmer of hope. Actual key defenders, a superstar key forward in the making and the tool of the century leaves Melbourne with some hope towards 2015, I'm not saying finals but I am saying not so much heart break for you true believers out there.

North Melbourne
FB: Lachie Hansen, Scott Thomson, Luke McDonald
CHB: Shaun Higgins, Nathan Grima, Nick Dal Santo
C: Daniel Wells, Andrew Swallow, Shaun Atley
CHF: Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie, Kayne Turner
FF: Ben Brown, Aaron Black, Lindsay Thomas
Foll: Todd Golstein, Jack Ziebell, Ben Cunnington
B: Ryan Bastinac, Jamie Macmillian, Aaron Mullet
S: Sam Wright
List Review:
Probably the last year in their premiership window in 2015 North will need all the power they can, ageing all over the field and no real genuine key defensive stocks they could've gone after someone like Frawley. Shaun Higgins adds huge diversity to the team with Shaun Atley likely to be released into the midfield. Waite and Petrie look to play 22 games between them to allow Brown and Black to flourish, Robbie Tarrant is the interesting one for me, he could have a huge 2015 and push them both out altogether.

Port Adelaide
FB: Tom Jonas, Alipate Carlile, Jack Hombsch
CHB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Jared Polec, Ollie Wines, Hamish Hartlett
CHF: Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard
FF: Paddy Ryder, Jay Schulz, Angus Monfies
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Brad Ebert, Travis Boak
B: Andrew Moore, Cam O’Shea, Matt White
S: Aaron Young
List Review:
My beloved team is in for a huge 2015, Carn the Mighty Power!

Richmond
FB: Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance, David Astbury
CHB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Shaun Grigg
C: Brett Deledio, Anthony Miles, Brandon Ellis
CHF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Ben Lennon
FF: Ty Vickery, Jack Riewoldt, Shaun Edwards
Foll: Ivan Maric, Matt Thomas, Trent Cotchin
B: Nick Vlastuin, Reece Conca, Matt Arnot
S: Nathan Foley
List Review:
Richmond missed the boat this offseason, stuck on the main land they are now back in the pack after missing the chance to put themselves 2 steps ahead. Their list has no real diversity and is very one paced, a great back half to 2014 gave many hope but unless Richmond pull a cat out of the bag, much more of the first half of 2014 will be seen.

St Kilda
FB: Sean Dempster, Luke Delaney, Jarryn Geary
CHB: Jimmy Webster, Josh Bruce, Sam Fisher
C: Farren Ray, David Armitage, Jack Steven
CHF: Jack Billings, Nick Riewoldt, Brodie Murdoch
FF: Tom Lee, Spencer White, Adam Schieder
Foll: Tom Hickey, Luke Dunstan, Leigh Montagna
B: Blake Ackers, Shane Savage, Jack Newnes
S: Josh Saunders
List Review:
St Kilda look rough around the edges but you can see a core group forming, 2-3 years of development and good drafting could see St Kilda back up near the finals race.

Sydney
FB: Nick Smith, Ted Richards, Jeremy Laidler
CHB: Ryce Shaw, Heath Grundy, Gary Rohan
C: Lewis Jetta, Josh Kennedy, Dan Hannebery
CHF: Luke Parker, Lance Franklin, Keiron Jack
FF: Adam Goodes, Kurt Tippett, Sam Reid
Foll: Mike Pyke, Tom Mitchell, Ben McGlynn
B: Alex Johnson, Jarrad McVeigh, Harry Cunningham
S: Jake Lloyd
List Review:
Any list with Lance Franklin on it looks terrifying, add the rest of the Sydney team and it makes little kids wet their beds more than when they see clowns. Hard done by the AFL Sydney lost Malceski and weren't able to replace him, or were they? getting Isaac Heeney for all but scraps proved the biggest win of the offseason, Heeney will be a star at Sydney with champions to learn off it'll put him in great sted. Sydney look to be causing more havoc again in 2015, I'd really like them to get some back up for Richards and Grundy though as both are ageing and their looks to be no replacements delveoping in the wings.

West Coast
FB: Beau Waters, Mitch Brown, Will Schofield
CHB: Elliot Yeo, Eric McKenzie, Shannon Hurn
C: Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Chris Masten
CHF: Sharrod Wellingham, Jeremy McGovern, Josh Hill
FF: Jack Darling, Josh Kennedy, Mark Lecras
Foll: Nic Naitanui, Scott Selwood, Luke Shuey
B: Matt Rosa, Scott Lycett, Jamie Bennell
S: Dom Sheed
List Review:
Like Richmond West Coast missed the boat. Matt Priddis looks a lone hand in 2015 for yet another year, with no real clear leadership standing out in 2015 after the loss of Glass and Cox 2015 looks like a tough year in the making unless they can pull a gem out from the WAFL the eagles look to struggle with depth and character.

Western Bulldogs
List Review:
Good effort. Waite will play in our best 22. Brown and Black will make way.

Even if that were true, Hartigan would play chb.

Having Hartigan play CHB is not something to brag about. Not exactly going to be a premiership player. Just highlights Adelaides need for a CHB with Otten going down, Cheney helps but not overly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffen is a huge loss player wise, but I think his actions showed that he wasn't a leader.

Cooney isn't really that big a loss, he played 2 good games this year and that's it. He's also not really a huge leader.

Like I've said, Higgins and Jones meh. Jones wanted out, Higgins wanted out, we move on. They're not huge losses.

I'm not saying they are in crisis I am saying they have managed their list poorly with the departure of those players, on first glance they will now be the youngest list in the league, Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer, Libba, Boyd all super high draft picks but that is alot of pressure. Jordan Roughead will be critical to their development now, he is now a senior player on that list which is saying something, the WB need to be smart at the draft desk and draft players with particular skills. Harrison Wigg and elite kick off half back, Daniel Howe, Francis Watson, Daniel McKenzie all mature age medium to tall defenders, the Bulldogs to go hard at these players who will fill imediate holes in the side, Jackson Nelson a dashing half back is needed too. A genuine midfield grunt player is also needed, Neal-Bullen/Gore/Bampton out of South Australia would help Bontempelli develop on the outside and also allow him to play more forward which is where I think he is more damaging. The doggies have a lot of mid range picks and all those guys I just mentioned will be around the mark. If the dogs are serious about a full list reguevination then they will need to go along a similar path and stack the team full of players with particular skills and develop a game plan around each players top end skill.

Good effort. Waite will play in our best 22. Brown and Black will make way.

Thankyou very much

I think Waite was brought in to do one simple role and thats to be ready to play when Petrie isnt avaliable, I see them playing 22 games combined next season, if they get more than that, great but if not I think that is Waite's pass mark.

Ben Brown is almost first picked now after his finals series, his forward presence is very strong, he is strong, can run and is a beautiful set shot on goal. Black is a weird one, they signed him to a 5 year deal and he has an absolute stinker of a year, not sure if he had an injury or just those second year blues. He will hopefully come back bigger and better in 2015 and help North achieve that premiership they want.

Having Hartigan play CHB is not something to brag about. Not exactly going to be a premiership player. Just highlights Adelaides need for a CHB with Otten going down, Cheney helps but not overly.
When did I brag?

Doesn't change the fact that Hartigan would be best 22 CHB

Great work. I would only make a couple of changes, Gleeson instead of Howlett and Dalgleish as sub

Thankyou!

Gleeson showed huge improvement this year, he is right on the cusp of playing, personally I would have him in for Dempsey, I feel that Gleeson offers more off half back and is a decent defender, better than Dempsey anyway. But Dempsey gets the nod for the pure reason that he is quicker and if Essendon play Carlisle down back and have Joey Daniher up front with Giles and that small/medium range forward line Dempsey's dash from half back assists the fast paced game plan.

Gleeson and Dalgleish are 2 guys right on the fringe of the team and I wouldn't be surprised if they play 10 games next season.

When did I brag?

Doesn't change the fact that Hartigan would be best 22 CHB

Hartigan is as much of a key defender as Joel Tippett at North Melbourne, Adelaide are likely to get Sam Durdin in the draft which will imediately fill that hole at CHB, he will play 18+ games next season if he lands at Adelaide.

I'm not saying they are in crisis I am saying they have managed their list poorly with the departure of those players, on first glance they will now be the youngest list in the league, Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer, Libba, Boyd all super high draft picks but that is alot of pressure. Jordan Roughead will be critical to their development now, he is now a senior player on that list which is saying something, the WB need to be smart at the draft desk and draft players with particular skills. Harrison Wigg and elite kick off half back, Daniel Howe, Francis Watson, Daniel McKenzie all mature age medium to tall defenders, the Bulldogs to go hard at these players who will fill imediate holes in the side, Jackson Nelson a dashing half back is needed too. A genuine midfield grunt player is also needed, Neal-Bullen/Gore/Bampton out of South Australia would help Bontempelli develop on the outside and also allow him to play more forward which is where I think he is more damaging. The doggies have a lot of mid range picks and all those guys I just mentioned will be around the mark. If the dogs are serious about a full list reguevination then they will need to go along a similar path and stack the team full of players with particular skills and develop a game plan around each players top end skill.
Libba was nominated with pick 21, not exactly a high draft pick.

But agreed that we need an elite kick off half back. This is why we've gone for Biggs, a HBF with great skills. It's why we traded for Darley last year as well, another HBF/winger with good skills. And we haven't picked anyone with bad skills for about 4 years. Macrae, Stringer, Bonti, Honeychurch, Hunter, Hrovat, Fuller, Prudden, all of these guys have good skills at the least.

We've got midfield grunt in Wallis/Stevens/Libba/Honeychurch/Hrovat/Jong. That's one area we're we're alright, we need someone with line breaking ability far more than we need more midfield grunt.

Hartigan is as much of a key defender as Joel Tippett at North Melbourne, Adelaide are likely to get Sam Durdin in the draft which will imediately fill that hole at CHB, he will play 18+ games next season if he lands at Adelaide.
I really don't see your point. Hartigan will be our CHB next year not Otten. Contrary to what you wrote in your original post.

PS. Why don't you like Hartigan? you have a guy on crutches and a guy who isn't even on our list before him.:D:p

Last edited:
Libba was nominated with pick 21, not exactly a high draft pick.

But agreed that we need an elite kick off half back. This is why we've gone for Biggs, a HBF with great skills. It's why we traded for Darley last year as well, another HBF/winger with good skills. And we haven't picked anyone with bad skills for about 4 years. Macrae, Stringer, Bonti, Honeychurch, Hunter, Hrovat, Fuller, Prudden, all of these guys have good skills at the least.

We've got midfield grunt in Wallis/Stevens/Libba/Honeychurch/Hrovat/Jong. That's one area we're we're alright, we need someone with line breaking ability far more than we need more midfield grunt.

Libba was a father son so pick 21 wasnt his number, he was considered a top 10 pick, pretty sure a club inside the top 10 did nominate him.

It all comes back to the game plan, I guess with Boyd up forward now it allows the game plan to have more flexibility, Crameri and Stringer will be let off the hook, expect Stringer to become a Brandon Goddard type next year and open the forward line right up for those little guys. Honeychurch, Hrovat ect will need the first half of the year to develop a little more, they are still very young throwing them in to early may be detromental to their careers. Prudden and Fuller were proven to not have worked as pick ups, Fuller didn't even play VFL this year he was stuck in the 3rds as a mature age player. Prudden has been on the list for a few seasons now and not shown much. Wallis is far to inconsistant, when he is playing well, yes he is good but that playing well comes as often as Jarrad Grant plays a good game. Jong will play a heap next year, but it will take him a while to settle into the game plan. Delisting Tom Young was a strange call given the hole now in that third tall/running defender. The dogs can either go down the path of drafting a full grunt list playing a defensive rebounding game plan, or they can draft attacking damaging players, not care about defence and only work on scoring as many goals as they can.

I really don't see your point. Hartigan will be our CHB next year not Otten. Contrary to what you wrote in your original post.

I was just clarifying but good job writing this up, must've taken a while. :thumbsu:

PS. Why don't you like Hartigan? you have a guy on crutches and a guy who isn't even on our list before him.:D:p

Dude I'm a Port Adelaide supporter, I couldn't care less if Adelaide play potatos, as long as they lose I don't care hahhahahahahahahahahah

Libba was a father son so pick 21 wasnt his number, he was considered a top 10 pick, pretty sure a club inside the top 10 did nominate him.

It all comes back to the game plan, I guess with Boyd up forward now it allows the game plan to have more flexibility, Crameri and Stringer will be let off the hook, expect Stringer to become a Brandon Goddard type next year and open the forward line right up for those little guys. Honeychurch, Hrovat ect will need the first half of the year to develop a little more, they are still very young throwing them in to early may be detromental to their careers. Prudden and Fuller were proven to not have worked as pick ups, Fuller didn't even play VFL this year he was stuck in the 3rds as a mature age player. Prudden has been on the list for a few seasons now and not shown much. Wallis is far to inconsistant, when he is playing well, yes he is good but that playing well comes as often as Jarrad Grant plays a good game. Jong will play a heap next year, but it will take him a while to settle into the game plan. Delisting Tom Young was a strange call given the hole now in that third tall/running defender. The dogs can either go down the path of drafting a full grunt list playing a defensive rebounding game plan, or they can draft attacking damaging players, not care about defence and only work on scoring as many goals as they can.
Prudden has constantly been injured but shown a lot of great signs when he has played in the VFL. Fuller was a disappointment, but it came out at the end of the year that he was playing through injury so we approach it next year with a clean slate, not holding much hope out for him. However he did play at least 5 VFL games, so your statement that he didn't play VFL is wrong. In fact, we don't have a 3rds team. We have the AFL team, the VFL team, and that's it.

Hrovat is best 22, doesn't need the first half of the year to develop more to play well, he's just going along developing normally. Honeychurch probably can come in but also needs a bit more development. He's like a rabid pit bull though. Wallis is not inconsistent, he is a major component of the side and very important for our structure. He played 13 games and still came 10th in our B&F, the coaches rate him highly. Young is a dud and is a horrible kick of the football, and it was not a surprise that he was delisted.

Those aren't the only two paths we can go down. We have a nice mix in the midfield, probably need one more outside player and then we'll have a great balance of inside/outside, with great versatility with many of them able to switch between defense and the forward line as well as the midfield. And so we'll focus on winning the contested ball and then flicking it out to the outside runners who deliver it into the forward line, as well as focusing on team defence. Every player has to be accountable for their man. But that's for the new coach to decide.

It's obvious you don't know much about the Dogs' list. Please stop pretending that you do.

Prudden has constantly been injured but shown a lot of great signs when he has played in the VFL. Fuller was a disappointment, but it came out at the end of the year that he was playing through injury so we approach it next year with a clean slate, not holding much hope out for him. However he did play at least 5 VFL games, so your statement that he didn't play VFL is wrong. In fact, we don't have a 3rds team. We have the AFL team, the VFL team, and that's it.

Hrovat is best 22, doesn't need the first half of the year to develop more to play well, he's just going along developing normally. Honeychurch probably can come in but also needs a bit more development. He's like a rabid pit bull though. Wallis is not inconsistent, he is a major component of the side and very important for our structure. He played 13 games and still came 10th in our B&F, the coaches rate him highly. Young is a dud and is a horrible kick of the football, and it was not a surprise that he was delisted.

Those aren't the only two paths we can go down. We have a nice mix in the midfield, probably need one more outside player and then we'll have a great balance of inside/outside, with great versatility with many of them able to switch between defense and the forward line as well as the midfield. And so we'll focus on winning the contested ball and then flicking it out to the outside runners who deliver it into the forward line, as well as focusing on team defence. Every player has to be accountable for their man. But that's for the new coach to decide.

It's obvious you don't know much about the Dogs' list. Please stop pretending that you do.

Well aren't you just a tool

Well aren't you just a tool
I gave you the benefit of the doubt, until you started saying things that are factually incorrect. By saying Prudden hasn't worked, Wallis is inconsistent, and delisting Young was a strange call, you showed that you didn't know what you were talking about because all of those statements are incorrect, or have an asterisk next to it in the case of Prudden's injuries.

You clearly just don't know what you're talking about in regards to the Bulldogs because, as I said, you're stating things that are plain wrong. I know that I'm biased, but there's a difference between being biased and being objectively correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back