AFL Live 2

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
Good. Just wanted to make sure TruBlu were copping their rightful wrath.

I'm with you on the 2011 game. Best AFL game ever, and by far. I felt like someone ran over my dog when i heard that BigAnt got stooged from making #2, and then like they got out of the car and banged my wife when i heard their replacement was Wicked Witch.

I know. It hurts.

I will sell my soul for BigAnt to do the next one. Wicked Witch can burn in hell.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I'd love Big Ant to do the next one, with the career features that DBC14 has in place. The gameplay in AFL Live was good, aside from players on the mark just running off out of my control allowing the opposition to run in and kick the goals, so combine that with a career mode and plenty of leagues, teams and customization and I'd never get off it.

TheJaegerBomb

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco Lions, GS Warriors
One thing about 2011 game was the AI players inability to spread. I destroy teams so easily just by spreading efficiently.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
One thing about 2011 game was the AI players inability to spread. I destroy teams so easily just by spreading efficiently.
Played a game just before and experienced a few of the old frustrations. Inability to switch players further to try and intercept/spoil a long kick down the wing, watching two of my players fall over the same opposition player as the ball spills into another player's lap, watching an opposition player fend off 4 tackles in a row and boot it to a target all alone in the forward line...

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
You made a good choice. It was obviously made by a bunch of dickheads who have no clue about AFL nor do they care. I made sure I told them I knew that.

So without knowing the facts you threw around insults like that?

Both games are flawed. Big Ant shouldn't have had their fallout and balked at doing the 2nd game. That way we'd have an upgraded version of the original game engine instead of a rushed start-again project.

Public abuse isn't likely to make the AFL2 developers want to spend effort and time making a better release, for what is not a profitable market...

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Can't see them releasing any DLC for this game. Clearly it's not feasible for them or else you'd think it would have already been out. Pretty poor.

Archer_11

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
as of the 20th of january this is what they were saying:

at this stage there will be no new game however we are currently discussing whether a DLC is a feasible prospect

Unbelievable.

From the Tru Blu public relations desk:
'Hey Footy fans! Here's a greeeeat game at the end of the season when no one cares. But don't worry we'll update the lists and improve the graphics next year. Unless we decide not to six months later p.s. sucked in for buying our game'

EthanJames21

Draftee
Apr 2, 2014
Secret Harbour, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
So I agree with everyone on here! The last game was horrible! As much I want to play it just for the career mode so I have the proper lists I just can't, I just want to know how they went backwards so badly, everything graphics to gameplay made this game the worst AFL game every made! Tbh I'd rather play AFL 99!!!

Well anyway I'm gonna try and be positive on this post, let's take the positives from this game and maybe BigAnt and Tru Blu might work with them when making the next game (Wicked Witch just * off no one likes you!)

My positives:
- Handballing; I liked the idea of knowing who you are Handballing to exactly, though there were clearly bugs with this as when you tried giving a little handball before getting tackled the ball would go 10 metres in the opposite direction!
- Kicking to a lead; it doesn't work at all on this game but the principle of the idea I thought was a good one!
- Evasion I thought wasn't too bad on this
- Career mode; it's not great on this game but it was acceptable
I think that's probably about all the positives from this!

Now for the obvious changes:
- Goal Kicking: worst goal kicking in an AFL game ever!
- Backman manning up!: when does the full-back ever leave the full forward one out in the goal square
- Camera angles were s**t!
- Ruck contests
- kicking out
- AI marking, marking contests weren't too bad on this game but the fact AI could run in front and take a grab pisses me off when it's impossible for you to do it!

If I missed anything please feel free to comment, if you disagree I'd love to know why, but the fact is I loved AFL games till this one! This is frustrating to play and even though I beat the AI by at least 10 goals a game it's not fun (at least on all the old ones it's still fun when you are winning by 20 goals!)

EthanJames21

Draftee
Apr 2, 2014
Secret Harbour, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle

Both games are flawed. Big Ant shouldn't have had their fallout and balked at doing the 2nd game. That way we'd have an upgraded version of the original game engine instead of a rushed start-again project.

Public abuse isn't likely to make the AFL2 developers want to spend effort and time making a better release, for what is not a profitable market...

AFL Live 2 developers (Wicked Witch) should be sacked anyway! There 2 shots at making an AFL game (AFL Wii and AFL Live 2) we're basically the same game and they were both s**t! They may as well have just put a career mode and updated the lists on AFL Live 2003 and it would still be a better game!

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Exactly give us less bugs and new teams/ lists in dlc for 20 $ on the big ant game and we all would have been happy
I wouldn't have been happy if Big Ant just repackaged the same game 3 times but with different lists. The worst thing about AFL Live 2's existence is that we may never see what the original AFL Live could have become if they had added to it.

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
This game was a disgrace. I remembered about it today for the first time since the release, so when I was at JB Hi Fi today I decided to have a look, hoping maybe they were trying to ship it off for $10 preowned or something. NO copies of AFL Live 2 anywhere to be found, 3 pre-owned copies of the original AFL Live. Released in September, and now it's footy season again and there isn't one copy on the shelves. Also, I don't know ONE person personally who ever played the game. What a disgrace haha, save us Big Ant.

AFL LIVE 2 GETS 2014 FIXTURES WITH DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
April 28, 2014 at 10:56am
SYDNEY, Australia – April 24, 2014: Tru Blu Entertainment announced today that itis set to release new downloadable content (DLC) for the widely popular AFLLive 2. The AFL Live 2 – Season Pack 2014 willbe available for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®.

The AFL Live 2 – Season Pack2014 will feature AFL 2014 fixture updates including the NAB Challenge,updated 2014 player ratings, all new Guernseys and sponsors, alternativecontroller mapping, updated Stadia and a number of other features andimprovements.

"AFL Live 2 – 2014 SeasonPack will allow fans to experience the 2014 season not only on-field, butalso on their screen. We are excited to be able to offer fans a wide range ofcontent to keep their favourite game current”, said Managing Director,Sebastian Giompaolo.

Features of AFL Live 2 – Season Pack 2014 includes:

- AFL 2014 fixture updatesincluding NAB Challenge

- Updated 2014 playerratings

- 2014 AFL Club playinglists

- Updated player likenessfor star players

- Updated 2014 on-fielduniforms

- Alternative controllermapping

- Updated Custom Player and Team creation

- New cut-scenes

- Updated Stadia including the Simonds Stadiumupgrade and the new Adelaide Oval

- Plus other features and improvements.

AFL Live 2 – Season Pack 2014 will be available via PlayStation®Network for PlayStation 3and Xbox LIVE for Xbox 360. Exactrelease date is still to be confirmed however we anticipate late May or earlyJune.

10256820_731250480231533_444657023746278728_n.jpg

10264981_731250950231486_4610450863848928240_n.jpg

10252017_731251090231472_7283080488713800859_n.jpg

Back