AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

While the ai accuracy needs to be fixed, if you're getting scores like that then you're not playing good enough ( don't mean to sound like a dick) I usually get a range of wins and losses around the 20-30 point mark with realistic total scores and the ai usually score a minimum of 2-3 behinds a game ( and some out on the fulls) and at times have scored 6-9+ behinds in a match. As others have said it's all about doing well in marking contests and putting pressure on the ball carrier.

I admire your attempt to defend the undefendible? But the game is turd.

I honestly reckon Big Ant should self develop and publish a game called "State Footy". Get the licensing for VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL and TSL and licensing to all stadiums used. Have the AFL teams in there but unlicensed. Include DBC14s Academy and make it the Footy factory so everyone can just make the afl players and lists. It would be SICK.

For years I preferred PES over FIFA for the gameplay and management side of things. I was only a casual player but once you got into the fictional league it was cool to start thinking in terms of rivalries and player's personalities/worth just from how the games developed, plus there's no frustration with players not looking like they should.

I'm sure no license is a deal breaker for enough people to make it unprofitable but for me add in enough options to rename everything to AFL for those that really need it and I'd happily buy a game with really solid gameplay, a career mode and a Big Ant Football League :)

Not sure things would be any different with a new Big Ant game, cos the same thing applies to DBC 14
Except it doesn't apply.

But you know, facts...good story...etc.

from what i can gather from this dlc,
its ok in terms of game play but the big thing ruining it is the opp set shots, and shot on goals in general, if they have a shot under no pressure from anyone they will score even if its from an acute angle, this means set shots for opp always goes in cause its under no pressure.
also the CHBs seem to always leave their man and charge up the field during centre bounces and the rovers think they are rucks for some reason, moving towards the ball ups and throw ins to try and tap the ball instead of trying to win clearances.
also the game play feels a little to cramped and rushed in general, but that type of thing is not as bad.
anyway the dlc isnt horrible but its not great as well.
also i agree with one of the posters before, player stats have no impact at all! players feel the same in terms of skill, speed etc

its ok in terms of game play but the big thing ruining it is the opp set shots, and shot on goals in general, if they have a shot under no pressure from anyone they will score even if its from an acute angle, this means set shots for opp always goes in cause its under no pressure.
also the CHBs seem to always leave their man and charge up the field during centre bounces and the rovers think they are rucks for some reason, moving towards the ball ups and throw ins to try and tap the ball instead of trying to win clearances.
also the game play feels a little to cramped and rushed in general, but that type of thing is not as bad.
also i agree with one of the posters before, player stats have no impact at all! players feel the same in terms of skill, speed etc

It is very frustrating because it seemed like the main problem could be an easy fix , just allow that AI to miss more set shots. I think everyone has to agree that if they did this it would improve the patch ! Or allow us to download patch 1.01 again. Patch 1.02 irritates me so much I have gone back to the completely unpatched version. Which is inferior to patched version 1.01 ,which seems to be now obsolete.

Cheers

AFL set shots go in 60 to 70% with few rare games when it is above or below this. Afl live 2 with patch 1.02 the AI kicks 90 to 100 % of set shots, taking all the anticipation of who is kicking and from where, Wicked Witch please fix this, while some things have been improved, this very important aspect of the game has been damaged in patch 1.02.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone downloaded the full digital version from PSN, I was hoping this version already has patch 1.01 integrated since it came out after the patch 1.01 was made. I would like to purchase and download only if it is the 1.01 patched version, and then I would deny patch 1.02 update. Sad that I would have to pay again when I already paid 90.00 dollars, for a game because I have to import, to have to repurchase to get a version working that I liked. With patched version 1.02 there is hardly any reason to have the AI kick the set shot after they mark the ball inside the 50, it is in 95% of the time, making the game so predictable. The other additions to the patch were good, why did they have to mess with the AI's shooting ability, it was almost perfect no one ever complained about that. I have just played several games with a completely unpatched version, and the shot percentage for both set shots and shots on the run were spot on. Do something about this Wicked Witch.

Cheers

Has anyone downloaded the full digital version from PSN, I was hoping this version already has patch 1.01 integrated since it came out after the patch 1.01 was made. I would like to purchase and download only if it is the 1.01 patched version, and then I would deny patch 1.02 update. Sad that I would have to pay again when I already paid 90.00 dollars, for a game because I have to import, to have to repurchase to get a version working that I liked. With patched version 1.02 there is hardly any reason to have the AI kick the set shot after they mark the ball inside the 50, it is in 95% of the time, making the game so predictable. The other additions to the patch were good, why did they have to mess with the AI's shooting ability, it was almost perfect no one ever complained about that. I have just played several games with a completely unpatched version, and the shot percentage for both set shots and shots on the run were spot on. Do something about this Wicked Witch.

Cheers
Please don't give them more money.

Some quick points on the patch
- Like the marking contests, they're not easy but that's the point
- Hate the AI set shot goal kicking
- AI ball use has improved but still kick to contests a little to often and are a bit slow to move the footy, at least they now generally kick to advantage
- Really disappointed a tagging option wasn't included
- Is there a way to snap the ball!?!
- Graphics are impressive, not FIFA standard but impressive. Stadiums in particular
- Not a fan of having to unlock stadiums for single games, would love to be able to play at QE oval, Williamstown etc with mates instead of having to complete tasks first

I reckon the patch has edged AFL live 2 marginally ahead of 1, although the way 1 played (tactics, gameplay, AI skill etc) had the potential to be a much better game. However am content with WW progress

BigAntStudios much chance of you getting the license back, or has that ship officially sailed?
Weren't you the other bloke who couldnt connect his xbox to the internet?

If so, how did you end up getting the patch?

Cheers
I will say it needs adjusting but it's not as big an issue as you make it out to be. I played hawks v freo in my career yesterday and the ai controlled hawks kicked 12.8 with 5 of those behinds being from missed set shots and that doesn't include the 2 out on the full kicks from set shots. I definitely don't want to return to any previous patches as I'm getting realistic contests and realistic score lines 90% of the time and for the first time ever in an afl game I'm not on top of the ladder with a ridiculous percentage, I'm losing the games against better sides and beating the sides I should. Still things for WW to work on but if tru blu decide to keep the license with WW then there's good potential in this game.

I honestly reckon Big Ant should self develop and publish a game called "State Footy". Get the licensing for VFL,SANFL,WAFL,NEAFL and TSL and licensing to all stadiums used. Have the AFL teams in there but unlicensed. Include DBC14s Academy and make it the Footy factory so everyone can just make the afl players and lists. It would be SICK.
Call it Australian Rules Football 2015, get an Ablett or Franklin to be the cover athlete and release it in the years when WW are only releasing dlc and I reckon the average punter wouldn't know the difference until they played it and they would still be happy with it anyway. Plus who wouldn't love a footy game every year.

I will say it needs adjusting but it's not as big an issue as you make it out to be. I played hawks v freo in my career yesterday and the ai controlled hawks kicked 12.8 with 5 of those behinds being from missed set shots and that doesn't include the 2 out on the full kicks from set shots. I definitely don't want to return to any previous patches as I'm getting realistic contests and realistic score lines 90% of the time and for the first time ever in an afl game I'm not on top of the ladder with a ridiculous percentage, I'm losing the games against better sides and beating the sides I should. Still things for WW to work on but if tru blu decide to keep the license with WW then there's good potential in this game.

Point is , it needs adjusting, something is not correct, keep a detailed log as I have and you will see they will never shoot less then 90% on set shots, AFL average 60 to 70% at best. And I was one to praise this game before the patch, I
Just think having the AI kick set shots above 90% is a cheap way to keep the AI competitive. There should be other ways.

plenty of feedback on the patch here but has anyone got any thoughts on the DLC? the 2014 season pack or whatever it's called?

plenty of feedback on the patch here but has anyone got any thoughts on the DLC? the 2014 season pack or whatever it's called?
I really like it, the graphical upgrade ( which I'm not sure if that came in the patch or dlc) is quite good especially the lighting which makes it look pretty realistic, star players have been updated and you can tell when you look at the likes of Fyfe and Franklin who look exactly like their real life counterparts, the updated guernseys and lists are all there including new preseason guernseys for St. Kilda and North, Adelaide oval looks great, and the new cutscenes are a small detail which add a bit to the realism and it's nice to have the banners back before the game. There's also free roam mode which I played for about 10 secs, all it is is just you play as a random player just running around an empty oval which it seems is just there for new players to learn the controls. Overall I reckon it rounds the game off nicely making it a much more whole game if that makes sense but if you haven't bought it yet then it's up to you if you reckon new lists, stadiums, graphics, cutscenes etc. are worth the $16, for me it made sense as I bought the game for about $60 so the $16 extra make it about normal price all up for a new game which is really what the dlc brings.

I really like it, the graphical upgrade ( which I'm not sure if that came in the patch or dlc) is quite good especially the lighting which makes it look pretty realistic, star players have been updated and you can tell when you look at the likes of Fyfe and Franklin who look exactly like their real life counterparts, the updated guernseys and lists are all there including new preseason guernseys for St. Kilda and North, Adelaide oval looks great, and the new cutscenes are a small detail which add a bit to the realism and it's nice to have the banners back before the game. There's also free roam mode which I played for about 10 secs, all it is is just you play as a random player just running around an empty oval which it seems is just there for new players to learn the controls. Overall I reckon it rounds the game off nicely making it a much more whole game if that makes sense but if you haven't bought it yet then it's up to you if you reckon new lists, stadiums, graphics, cutscenes etc. are worth the $16, for me it made sense as I bought the game for about $60 so the $16 extra make it about normal price all up for a new game which is really what the dlc brings.

nice, thanks for the write up man. I reckon I'll probably fork out the $16 just to get bontempelli ;) have you tried making a custom team? I read somewhere that they changed it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back