AFL Live 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No I haven't lost them all, but a small number have been lost or overwritten. Stephen Milne for example, when he gets the ball or kicks a goal it says nothing - I'm guessing they've removed his name from the patched commentary on the assumption it only needs to work with 2014 lists. Strangely though I played a game vs Freo earlier, and Griffen ended up in the ruck, and the commentator kept calling him Petrenko. So I suspect that whatever identifier is used by the game engine to identify a player and map to a commentary name, has been messed with during the patch & list update, so if you only get one (as we have) it gets confused.

Hmm, strange... Are you playing on PS3 or PC? I'm on Xbox 360 and all I get is an occasional reference to "number 16" etc., though most games don't even stretch to that.

Regarding what you said about the flawless AI, I've found that with the wind set to maximum they will occasionally miss a set kick (though admittedly not as often as they ought to). We shouldn't have to play every game in extreme weather conditions just to balance things out a bit, though. Let's hope WW are true to their word and apply a fix sooner rather than later - the season is drawing to a close after all.

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try emailing. It's just irritating that the same mistake happened on AFL 1 DLC then on AFL 2 also - even if the designers have changed the publishers are the same people I believe?

No I haven't lost them all, but a small number have been lost or overwritten. Stephen Milne for example, when he gets the ball or kicks a goal it says nothing - I'm guessing they've removed his name from the patched commentary on the assumption it only needs to work with 2014 lists. Strangely though I played a game vs Freo earlier, and Griffen ended up in the ruck, and the commentator kept calling him Petrenko. So I suspect that whatever identifier is used by the game engine to identify a player and map to a commentary name, has been messed with during the patch & list update, so if you only get one (as we have) it gets confused.

Also noted:
The Good
  • Players appearance seems to have been worked on (or new cut scenes make it easier to see) - players really have a good likeness, Patton and Cameron recognisable, Sean Dempster has the tanned zombie look, that's a really good job.
The Bad
  • Opponent takes mark 65m out. Kicks to an unmarked Pavlich 30m out - the FB went to the sticks and stayed there. Same frustrating problem as before.
  • Have played 5 games so far post-patch, in 4 of them opponent kicked perfect from every mark inside 50.
  • The commentary in-season seems ok, but in one-off single games its crazy - the commentators signed off halfway through the 2nd Qtr declaring that was all for today, then seconds later welcomed everyone to the ground.
  • I dont understand the comments from others regarding being impossible to win ruck contests - Im finding the opposite, that they are easy if you just punch every time.
Hmm, strange... Are you playing on PS3 or PC? I'm on Xbox 360 and all I get is an occasional reference to "number 16" etc., though most games don't even stretch to that.

Regarding what you said about the flawless AI, I've found that with the wind set to maximum they will occasionally miss a set kick (though admittedly not as often as they ought to). We shouldn't have to play every game in extreme weather conditions just to balance things out a bit, though. Let's hope WW are true to their word and apply a fix sooner rather than later - the season is drawing to a close after all.

Is the patch/DLC any good? Is it now playable.

I'll be honest, I found the game at launch terrible and the game after patch tolerable. But whether that's because I've become more lenient or because the game is now genuinely better, who knows.

I should mention I've intentionally stayed away from AFL 1 to reduce my nitpicking. Now we have the excellent list updates from the HuB Team giving AFL 1 a new lease of life that's not going to last long.

Is the patch/DLC any good? Is it now playable.
I'll deffs say post patch it's better than it was before. The cut scenes are ok and edits to gameplay make it a bit harder and there isn't as much user domination in the ruck compared to pre-patch gameplay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be honest, I found the game at launch terrible and the game after patch tolerable. But whether that's because I've become more lenient or because the game is now genuinely better, who knows.

I should mention I've intentionally stayed away from AFL 1 to reduce my nitpicking. Now we have the excellent list updates from the HuB Team giving AFL 1 a new lease of life that's not going to last long.
are there list updates for AFL 1? to which season?

are there list updates for AFL 1? to which season?

2014 lists on PS3: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...on-afl-live-2012.953303/page-14#post-34390008

PM AFLSquads, join the HUB & I recommend giving a donation to encourage a 2015 update: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFLLive2PS3HUB/

I can can vouch that the update works fine. A bit of fiddling but it's worth it. It's great someone has found a way considering AFL 3 - when that inevitably happens - might end up another cash grab.

2014 lists on PS3: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...on-afl-live-2012.953303/page-14#post-34390008

PM AFLSquads, join the HUB & I recommend giving a donation to encourage a 2015 update: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFLLive2PS3HUB/

I can can vouch that the update works fine. A bit of fiddling but it's worth it. It's great someone has found a way considering AFL 3 - when that inevitably happens - might end up another cash grab.
sweet cheers for that, might get me motivated for AFL Live again, won't go near 2 as it's rubbish.

Personally I prefer some parts of AFL 2.
AFL 1 has its flaws too - for example it's actually easier to win if you never kick other than at goal, ie. Handball it all the way up the ground.
AFL 2 made some improvements, however in the process made mistakes too.

Would have been good had it been a full do-over by the creators of game 1, or a properly funded do-over by the creators of game 2, but right now we have neither.
And the poor sales of both likely ensure it'll be a while before anyone puts cash up to provide anything of real worth in the near future.

And the poor sales of both likely ensure it'll be a while before anyone puts cash up to provide anything of real worth in the near future.

The idea of Big Ant was to create a solid foundation and make incremental improvements year on year after that. Sounds like the only way to make a decent AFL game with any chance of a profit. Sure you might get some people bitching about the lack of progress but hopefully most would come to accept this was the only forward with such a small market. Why this strategy fell in a heap I don't know, but I'm willing to guess it came down to dollars and a cheaper offer from WW.

To be honest I blame the AFL. The sport needs kids playing AFL games. They should be funding a publisher to make a decent game series, not charging them for the 'privilege' of struggling to make a profit from a complex game.

i'd settle for a base game of AFL Live then an update of the fixture and playing lists of each Club for each season....
then in 3-4 years time we can go through each season in a career type way and see how we can progress etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back