AFL Live :: Game of The Year Edition :: AFL Live 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, but there'll be next gen consoles coming out next year, so personally i wouldn't waste my money.
Where did u hear that the PS4 would come out soon?
also by 5 years I meant in 5 years the PS3 is no longer the newest Playstation

Not sure if this has been answered or not but will there be a new afl game next year?
most likely it will be another update that will cost $15, list changes and perhaps minor changes to the game

I personally think they should release a new game every 2 years and then an update with new lists in between.

Eg Original AFL Live (2011)
AFL Live "GOTY Edition" (2012)
AFL Live 2 (2013)
AFL Live 2 "Advanced Edition" (2014)
AFL Live 3 (2015)
AFL Live 3 "Advanced Edition" (2016)

And so on.

Sticking to this method would mean that there'd be a big update coming next year, but that's just my theory. It doesn't take more than 2 years to update a game when you already have the base engine to work off. So i guess what bigant are doing now is just working off AFL Live 2011's engine to fine tune the gameplay and add more modes.

Hmmm, after years away from the lure of video games, I'm seriously tempted to buy a PS3, pretty much 90% because of this game.

A. Should I?
B. Will PS3's be around for a while or are they likely to be superceded pretty quickly?
C. Good option as a BluRay player?

A. From a purist gaming perspective it's not a great game, but it is easily the best AFL game ever and it's a lot of fun. If you love your footy and you like games it's a no brainer. I still play it a couple of times a week and it's 18 months old now.

B. Probably best just looking at the facts: 1. PS4 possibly out next year or the year after, no guarantee it's backward compatible. And after that no guarantee how long it will take for there to be an AFL game for it. 2. PS2's are still being sold and going strong in some countries for Sony. From this I would guess the PS3 is going to be around for a long time, at an absolute minimum until there is a PS4 slim and the first big price cut (how far away is that going to be - probably 5 - 6 years from now)

C. I've got an old model, but no complaints here. It's a pretty good blu ray player.

Is this new game more realistic now? I was playing yesturday and i was lewis jetta, i tried to sprint around dean cox and he caught me holding the ball?

BA went on record in the past saying this was a conscious design decision, if the spectrum was too wide between fast players and slow players the quick ones were too powerful. Same if the ball carrier didn't lose any speed - it became too easy for the small players to dominate the game.

I personally think they should release a new game every 2 years and then an update with new lists in between.

AFL Live 2 (2013)
AFL Live 3 (2015)

Couldn't agree more - while a new full release each year would be fantastic, the reality is the Oz market is too small and each game probably has to sell extremely well for it to be worthwhile for BA. So if it's a new game every couple of years with a patch to update the lists in between, no complaints here.

AFL Live 2 (2013)
AFL Live 3 (2015)

And so on.

Sticking to this method would mean that there'd be a big update coming next year, but that's just my theory. It doesn't take more than 2 years to update a game when you already have the base engine to work off. So i guess what bigant are doing now is just working off AFL Live 2011's engine to fine tune the gameplay and add more modes.

I'd say this is the most likely.

Tbh if 2013 isn't a big update then something's wrong or they didn't make enough money off the first one.

RLL2 should get good sales, since it was announced the amount of likes on Tru Blu's facebook page has quadrupled if that's anything to go by.
I did see today that BigAnt updated their cover picture to the picture attached this might mean that Big Ant's focus is going to shift again :(
Come to think of it, a cricket game might not be too bad after all, it will definitely attract the international market.

Attachments

• 304410_410122665708883_1911561239_n.jpg
    304410_410122665708883_1911561239_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 146
RLL2 should get good sales, since it was announced the amount of likes on Tru Blu's facebook page has quadrupled if that's anything to go by.
I did see today that BigAnt updated their cover picture to the picture attached this might mean that Big Ant's focus is going to shift again :(
Come to think of it, a cricket game might not be too bad after all, it will definitely attract the international market.

They've been working on a Cricket game now for ages.
I'd say after this is announced their devs will go full steam ahead on AFL 2

I'm still hoping for a nab cup/round 1 release for AFL Live 2 (unrealistic i know) but i agree that there should and will likely be a new AFL game every 2 years if not because of anything else but just the fact that RLL2 releases this year and Cricket next year both with the updates to graphics and the new additions(career mode, possibly my player etc.) that AFL would be extremely old and superceded by Big Ant's own products. So surely releasing AFL every 3 years could only be bad.

We have 6 months until a new AFL season, why would they be pushing anything remotely close to an AFL game anyway?

6 months could easily see the release of the Cricket game (in time for the Aussie Cricket summer season) and then the move onto AFL straight away.

Really wish people would realise that AFL games don't need to be out and announced every single second and that other games from the same dev, not only can be a good thing for future games but also represent growth and opportunity for not only BigAnt but the Aussie game development scene. IT'S A GOOD THING PEOPLE!

What's going on with the PC version of this game? Me and elpirate have been trying to play online for weeks and the game is bloody lag fest 2012 (connection wise) the players rubberband everywhere and its unplayable!

You can't say its our connection either, we've played together plenty of times in the past and it's been fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's going on with the PC version of this game? Me and elpirate have been trying to play online for weeks and the game is bloody lag fest 2012 (connection wise) the players rubberband everywhere and its unplayable!

You can't say its our connection either, we've played together plenty of times in the past and it's been fine.

It's not within our power to have changed anything at all.... code updates require a patch, so nothing there. Internet/lag wise the game is peer to peer (direct connects) not via a server, so there is nothing we could be doing that has changed anything.

It's not within our power to have changed anything at all.... code updates require a patch, so nothing there. Internet/lag wise the game is peer to peer (direct connects) not via a server, so there is nothing we could be doing that has changed anything.

Fair enough, so the game just hasn't randomly developed a mind of it's own? That's good news.

I guess it's one of our internet then.

Any news on PC version modding, I know that you's are probably busy with that Cricket game and all... but I'm just asking :)

Okay first i thought it was my internet connection, however it's not.
Online has become unplayable for me for some reason.
Just loading Tru Blu's website at the moment and it's looking slow. That's only an indicator if they store all of their website crap on the same server as the online multiplayer. Ask elpirate if his upload is going slow at the moment.

Just loading Tru Blu's website at the moment and it's looking slow. That's only an indicator if they store all of their website crap on the same server as the online multiplayer. Ask elpirate if his upload is going slow at the moment.

Apparently the game is peer to peer. I'd have to play someone else and see if i have the problem with them, and then if i don't then elpirate's internet must be stuffed up.

Taking the speccie
I've got AFL live on the Xbox... Love the game... Still can't get enough of it... But one thing that I've alway struggled with is taking a speccie. So I've generally never bothered... But AI seems to do it on a regular basis. Does anyone have any advice on how you do it... I think after playing the game for 18 months now it would be really good if I could master it.

Cheers.

Taking the speccie
I've got AFL live on the Xbox... Love the game... Still can't get enough of it... But one thing that I've alway struggled with is taking a speccie. So I've generally never bothered... But AI seems to do it on a regular basis. Does anyone have any advice on how you do it... I think after playing the game for 18 months now it would be really good if I could master it.

Cheers.

I can't even work out marking let alone a speccie/specky (however it's spelt). Half the time I should be taking a mark and then the player behind me magically gets it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back