AFL Live Pass Confusion

Remove this Banner Ad

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I watch AFL on my iPhone via the AFL app. I subscribed to a yearly pass through iTunes in app purchase.
Thats all fine and dandy and works great.

I was just wanting to watch a NAB Challenge replay (yeah I know) from the AFL website as these replays don't seem to be available on the AFL phone app but when I click on the replay link I am prompted to subscribe to AFL live pass.

I made my iTunes purchase without having a Telstra ID. I didn't need one to watch games on my phone. The AFL site requires a Telstra ID login so I created one and logged my phone app in with this ID but when I login to the AFL site with a web browser it doesn't see that I have a valid live pass subscription so I'm going around in circles. The NAB replays aren't available on the AFL app else I wouldn't be bothered.

Telstra support are hopeless so I thought I'd ask if anyone here as come across the same problem.
Cheers

Long story short, if you didn't buy the pass with a Telstra ID (or I think they also call it an Afl login?) then you're pretty much limited to watching stuff on your iOS device

I learnt this the hard way last year when I bought via iTunes and couldn't watch on my Android tablet.

BTW Nab replays are available in the app. You have to browse to video and possibly scroll down a lot to find the game you want amongst the other videos

Cool, cheers grimlock. I feared this might be the case. Really annoying way to do it thought. Buy it through Telstra and get 5 devices, do the in-app thing and you are locked in.
Thanks for the info about the replays, I'll have a dig around.

Is a anyone else finding replays of the JLT games are showing premium on them and I cannot watch them.
I am subscribed so makes no sense why I cannot watch them.
Any ideas ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back