AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't get the game yet, Im not sure whether to get the PS3 dlc or the PC version. I don't played ps3 much, and I've been playing AFL 2004 alot on pc, might go for the pc version.

Go for PC!
Any news on modding yet Ross? I know you're busy.

Just ordered the game on Gamesmen.com.au Should arrive tomorrow can't wait! Hope it will be alot better then the Wii version which I thought was alright. But what some reviews are saying the Wii version is better :eek:

Yeah, my focus has been on this

I will get to it as soon as I can.

Figured, never been into league but that looks like a damn good game. >.>

No worries anyway just anticipating a way to mod so i can get some cool stuff made :p

Does anyone know if/how I can get ahold of this game in the US? I was eagerly awaiting the PC release as I figured I'd be able to buy it that way, but it's not available through the US XBOX Marketplace. It's on the Australian and UK sites, is there any reason why it wouldn't work on my computer if I created a different account that is supposedly in Aus and bought it through that?

Similarly, anybody know if there's a way I could get it to work on my Xbox 360? I can't import an actual disk since they're region protected. But I know it's available to download through the Xbox marketplace, and I also know that people create accounts in different regions to test out those demos. Would it be possible to buy it online and download it to my console by creating an Australian or British account?

Does anyone know if/how I can get ahold of this game in the US? I was eagerly awaiting the PC release as I figured I'd be able to buy it that way, but it's not available through the US XBOX Marketplace. It's on the Australian and UK sites, is there any reason why it wouldn't work on my computer if I created a different account that is supposedly in Aus and bought it through that?

Similarly, anybody know if there's a way I could get it to work on my Xbox 360? I can't import an actual disk since they're region protected. But I know it's available to download through the Xbox marketplace, and I also know that people create accounts in different regions to test out those demos. Would it be possible to buy it online and download it to my console by creating an Australian or British account?

I'm pretty sure you can make an aussie account and download it that way.

Because the NRL guys have had the additional time granted to spruce up the graphics because they haven't had to do them all from scratch like they had to with RLL1.

The benefits of sequels is that the devs already have the framework to improve upon, The problem is that there are bad apples like EA that coast on that benefit and keep putting out subpar games year after year.

But that's not going to happen with Big Ant because they aren't making enough money to get away with it (And because Ross wouldn't let that happen) just wait and see, AFL Live 2 is going to knock your socks off in the graphics department.

I could be wrong but thats how I see it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will there be any patches for the PC?
I've found some annoying ones such as the opponent after taking a mark they wait until like the play on warning until they kick or when they play on and run straight into my player and get tackled. Same with the kick in. And when they mark the ball near the boundary line there's a play on warning and then its a boundary throw in.
The AI is much stupider then the PS3 and XBOX ones. Even on professional

Will there be any patches for the PC?
I've found some annoying ones such as the opponent after taking a mark they wait until like the play on warning until they kick or when they play on and run straight into my player and get tackled. Same with the kick in. And when they mark the ball near the boundary line there's a play on warning and then its a boundary throw in.
The AI is much stupider then the PS3 and XBOX ones. Even on professional

Have to agree, the AI seems to have some serious 'lapses in concentration' on PC. It can be competent for three quarters and then for the last it's amateur hour where they can't kick to a lead or even decide where to kick the ball in the first place, especially from free kicks or a mark. I know the console versions can display this type of thing too to a degree but this is a whole different kettle of fish

Another thing is that control preferences do not save e.g. if you like playing with control set to manual, then you need to do this every time you boot up the game. The irony is it is so much quicker to load up on PC that this is not much of an issue. It is still a bit annoying nevertheless.

Got the game the other day and I must say it's pretty damn good. Loving it when I have the ball, but I'm still awful on defense. Every time the other team gets it inside 50 they take a mark.

If I play online does that count towards my download quota? I've only got one of those shitty 2gb usb dongles.

Got the game the other day and I must say it's pretty damn good. Loving it when I have the ball, but I'm still awful on defense. Every time the other team gets it inside 50 they take a mark.

If I play online does that count towards my download quota? I've only got one of those shitty 2gb usb dongles.
It will, but at worst will only be around 1-3MB per few hours.

The issue you might have is lag since dongles don't have great ping.

Anyone know what's happening with the online leader boards? There is only like 4 people on it and after a win I don't get XP and I don't think anyone else gets it either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back