AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Your motivation could be to make a save editor that lets you use your 360 roster on your pc version ;).

hahahaha maybe! but i don't think it's feasible. I'd rather start from scratch and do it properly one team at a time. Also updating team jumpers would be a very high priority on my list, things such as white shorts? ;)

I think we only have one hope, if Ross can find the time to put AFL Live PC up on Good Old Games. I imagine BA would be doing this for no reason other than the love of the original title, certainly wouldn't be making any money out of it, but hopefully this is enough.

If the stars align and a miracle occurs, maybe it will find a small community and have a bit longer lease of life that way. There probably won't be another AFL title on PC for years, that outcome would probably be the best we could hope for.

The big benefit of playing on PC is the load times, they are instantaneous. The only catch is the AI can be strangely indecisive at times, especially when awarded a free kick, and it's a little easier to beat for some reason. But it's a minor gripe only, it is overall the superior version of the game out of the three formats (in my opinion).

Great idea Ross, have emailed the company. Will share what they reply.

I notice they have a 'AFL Live PC coming soon' message on their home page, good to see their focus on the title has not been lost.

Folks Tru Blu have come back, they will not be making AFL Live PC useable for anyone. I suggested the idea of a kickstarter to foot the bill, they are not interested. Wish I could say I was surprised.

I guess our only chance now is for a genius hacker type to make it available on the sly. Admitedly a pipe dream, would nonetheless be interested if TB would issue a 'cease and desist' considering they have no use for the title.

Last edited:
Thanks Archer_11 for chasing up ,Shows the problem with purchasing digital content I brought AFL Live through GFWL first they close down there servers and now Tru Blu don’t give any support.

Maybe it’s best to go back to buying Physical Copies of games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is very annoying to think that arguably the best AFL game we have had to date is locked up and just sitting there with no one to play it again. It's probably more moddable and configurable than the XB and PS3 ever will be. It's absurd really.

Wow, happy days it appears to work without GFWL. It gets to the login screen and continues - maybe M$ built in an offline mode or similar. I just made it through a quick game.

The real test is can you re-install, I won't risk that. I could be the last person able to play AFL Live PC! I remember Ross saying that they were not going to make a cent off the PC version back when it launched, this is really in the realm of the enthusiast now it looks like and sadly probably not enough people around to have someone who can fix things.

For consolation it's not worlds better than the console version, just a bit better graphics and of course the fast loading. The online community never really took off & I doubt online matches could work anymore without GFWL. Still a shame though.

That's great news. And surprising - I thought it needed GFWL to if not work then at least install. Scratching my head here. Maybe the game can go on GOG afterall, with zero effort required by TB beyond giving them the file.

I'm trying to find somewhere that I can download AFL Live GOTY Edition. I cannot find any site that sells it. Suggestions?
You'd probably just have to come across it on ebay. As far as I know Windows Live was the only way to download it and that's been down for ages.

Unfortunately my laptop lacks a disk drive. I thought about buying one just because I found a disk online, but the guy told me it only runs on 32 bit Windows...which I found odd.
The guys a liar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back