AFL Live Season 2013 roster update

Remove this Banner Ad

75 people and not a single response. If anyone knows and could let me know it would be much appreciated. I'm itching to create our new draftees.

I've already started creating the draftees (done picks 1-20 and a few others) as well as all trades, free agents and delistings. Collingwood goes over the salary with Ben Hudson so edited his abilities much lower so he didnt cost as much.

If there was an update, it wouldnt be until July next year

If anyone knew there would be 25 threads on the topic.

My guess? There will be an 'AFL 2' in 2013 but the publisher Tru Blu will keep everyone in the dark until well into the season, just like they did with the gold edition this year.

I'm hopeful that AFL Live 2 will be released in 2013. The 2012 update was dubbed game of the year edition so I doubt we will see a 'game of year again' edition. Hopefully information will begin to trickle out early next year, really want an AFL game with drafting and career mode.

I have made the whole roster, edited every player to his current ability (eg falling ratings for older guys and spuds and higher ratings for improved players... Have been very specific about it all) added all draftees trades free agents etc. Managed to fit everyone in to Collingwood without breaching the cap (hard gig!) and god damn its fun playing career mode!

I have made the whole roster, edited every player to his current ability (eg falling ratings for older guys and spuds and higher ratings for improved players... Have been very specific about it all) added all draftees trades free agents etc. Managed to fit everyone in to Collingwood without breaching the cap (hard gig!) and god damn its fun playing career mode!
U on xbox or ps3, is there anyway of uploading your file

Alright on a major noob at this game on professional I dominate but switch it up to veteran and no matter what I run out of steam and loose any game's when the opposition just pile on goals in the last. also what's with the speed thing? The opposition always seems faster even though I hold R1. (Jetta was run down by murphy when he had 6m start)

Anyone have any tips?

Alright on a major noob at this game on professional I dominate but switch it up to veteran and no matter what I run out of steam and loose any game's when the opposition just pile on goals in the last. also what's with the speed thing? The opposition always seems faster even though I hold R1. (Jetta was run down by murphy when he had 6m start)

Anyone have any tips?
I smash it on every level.

Tip is... modify your players, use all the points you have available, make your favorites guns..

As for strategy.. I always own the computer.. just bump em or continually hold down triangle as you go to tackle people.. you should be tackling before you even get to them... always punch in defence... if you hold L1 and tap kick it usually hits up a short target that is available.

Some opponents online are really good.. or annoying.. lag problems sometimes cause issues too..

Been playing 2K13... so much smoother...

^^^

You don't to go as far as the above post in order to win against the computer on the hardest difficulty.

No need to create a super team or continually bump the crap out of them. I post regular wins of 50+ using generally any team and without any dodgy tactics. There a plenty of people who will regularly have 100+ blowouts easily. I couldn't tell you how I or they get it, it just happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've already started creating the draftees (done picks 1-20 and a few others) as well as all trades, free agents and delistings. Collingwood goes over the salary with Ben Hudson so edited his abilities much lower so he didnt cost as much.

If there was an update, it wouldnt be until July next year
is it possible to edit default players on the PS3? if so, how?

^^^

You don't to go as far as the above post in order to win against the computer on the hardest difficulty.

No need to create a super team or continually bump the crap out of them. I post regular wins of 50+ using generally any team and without any dodgy tactics. There a plenty of people who will regularly have 100+ blowouts easily. I couldn't tell you how I or they get it, it just happens.

Agree with this. No need to edit your players' stats at all. Just keep practising.

Of course, if you want to compete with most of the douchebags who play online, then by all means, make your suped up/bumping team. >_< But there are guys out there who don't resort to this. Just not many left that still play the game. :(

Just saw on the hawks website all players getting their photos taken for a new AFL game!!!!
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately, though, I think this means that we can't expect a release until next year as they'd need to probably already have the game submitted to Sony and Microsoft for review by now if they wanted to get close to an April release date like last year.

Given that it isn't overly viable to release a game late in the season, I'd say we'll be waiting until next year.....:oops:

View attachment 10495
This post confirms AFL Live 2 is on its way. Hope it comes out end of year, but by saying that it means we would probably have outdated rosters again
i wouldn't mind tipping it could be released in August - just in time for finals........ plus they'd know player/team ratings/performance etc by then also

View attachment 10495
This post confirms AFL Live 2 is on its way. Hope it comes out end of year, but by saying that it means we would probably have outdated rosters again
Bit hard seeing what they are doing on that small pic.
Didn't Ross from Big Ant run thread for updates to game. is he still on here? While roster update was good in 2012, we really would like to see a new game by say april / May, With a career mode but be it Big Ant or Tru Blu someone slows down release, anyway seen if Big Ants Cricket game has come out at all or is it being saved for ashes series?

Bit hard seeing what they are doing on that small pic.
Didn't Ross from Big Ant run thread for updates to game. is he still on here? While roster update was good in 2012, we really would like to see a new game by say april / May, With a career mode but be it Big Ant or Tru Blu someone slows down release, anyway seen if Big Ants Cricket game has come out at all or is it being saved for ashes series?

Ross still visits here occasionally, as he does on a cricket forum to discuss the development of Big Ant's cricket title.

I know this is off topic, but, to answer your question; Big Ant have been working on their cricket game for a long time now (2-3 years, IIRC) but have always made other games like AFL and RL a priority, so only really worked on cricket in between titles and just kept it going on the backburner. With Trickstar releasing their Ashes game this year to coincide with the England tour, Big Ant made their title a priority (these events are not necessarily related) and are planning a similar time frame for release.

Because of that, I'm not entirely optimistic that we will see an AFL title in the first half of this year, or maybe even this year at all. If they were completely focused on AFL Live 2, then they *might* have had enough man power to go from the stage we see they're at to a full release before June-ish, however, with Cricket being a priority, I'd say that they simply cannot get it out of the door in time.

Having said all that, I could be completely wrong and we could have it in our hands come April/May, but I'm not optimistic. For that to be true, Tru Blu's restriction on information pertaining to game details would have to be absolutely abysmal, considering we haven't heard anything official at all. Tru Blu were bad last time around, but they were nowhere near this bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back