AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

No rostered club fixtures AGAIN this weekend :(

Designated rep weekend, always has been a week off fixtures in most Qld leagues even when rep fixtures not scheduled. Basically it's a Mackay vs Cap vs Townsville weekend in seniors, womens and 14's.

Today I will go and watch the over hyped North Mackay Saints host the perennial battlers Eatern Swans.

I read the over hyped beat the battlers, what did you think of the game?
At least you seen a Saints team win for a change!

Swans host Moranbah this week then Hawks the week after, could be 3 losses in a row.

At this stage it seems the top four is set & all teams in the 4 are capable of winning it, Hawks dominance papers to be over which is good for the comp.

This time of the season is always interesting due to Clearances ending June 30th,
I hear there is a couple of clubs chasing a few late recruits to bolster their playing list & have a big tilt at the flag.

Swans thrashed Moranbah today!

Not surprised Swans won but abit surprised by the margin.

Swans host Hawks this week so you'd think it will be closer game than their first encounter?

Moranbah play Saints there I think & wouldn't want to loose two in a row which is a possibility.

Pretty hard to pick the Granny at this stage which is good for the comp, be good to see Moranbah make it, which is highly possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pinnacle health has been a bit quiet!! Lost the magpie chirp for a stint in the pound with the bulldogs now joined the local church group to become a saint!! Move over penguin & swinger in comes the super coach

Saints knocked off the Hawks on Saturday.......does this make the Saints the premiership favourites ??

[wouldn't think so TE="FOTC, post: 34063016, member: 127322"]Saints knoces this make the Saints the QUOTE]

I wouldn't think so, the Hawks are past masters at timing their run and making sure everyone is on deck come vital matches.

Saints knocked off the Hawks on Saturday.......does this make the Saints the premiership favourites ??

At this stage it seems that Saints, Hawks & Moranbah are flag favourites being all on the same points, percentage could be the decider to whom finishes 2nd or 3rd.
Haven't seen many games this year due to work but I hear the tops teams still have 3-4 quality players missing each week so these teams with their best side would fancy themselves against each other come finals time.
Wouldn't rule out Swans just yet either, they may hit their straps at the right time.

Was disappointing to see Bakers beat Magpies again, now that the change rooms & lights are finally done hopefully the future is brighter.

Reports of an off-field incident between a player and spectator at the local footy on the weekend. Important now for AFL Mackay and AFLQ to get the facts and deal with this quickly before our code becomes laughable to others.

That's Unbelievable !!
Rumour going around there have been 4 incidents with spectators and players/umpires over last 6 weeks. If true very concerning for the league.
Couple of Interesting games of footy this weekend with saints v magpies and bulldogs v sea eagles will come down to % to see who secures 2nd spot on the ladder and 3rd with a home final.

I was present at the Swans v Magpies match when a former Swans player assaulted a Magpies player after he was carded frim ground.
Very ugly scenes ensued with many children present.
Surely the Swans aggressor was suspended ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back