Preview AFL NAB Challenge 1 - Gold Coast v Geelong, Tony Ireland Stadium, 3:40PM (local) Sunday 1 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or 4:40 for those of us in Victoria/NSW.

At least I assume so, as it's advertised as 3:40 local time, and remember Queensland doesn't have daylight savings, because it fades the curtains and curdles the cows milk.
Huh? o_O :( BooHoo 4:30pm :cry: Will have to watch on AFL Live app :mad:

hqdefault.jpg
LOLLING

Rookies hardly ever get match payments - they aren't even allowed to play unless they are upgraded because of a long term injury. It is also pretty rare to play more than a couple of games - Blitz is the exception.

Perhaps a lot of salaries look too high when you add 50% (rookies earn about 50k). And if the level of injury that is normal in this sport occurred in any other kind of workplace, it would be shut down.

How about looking at the industry, not just a player you clearly dislike because he is injured. Most posters on these boards get behind injured players, and it's a good thing.

What the? When did I say I disliked anyone? Injured or not?

Rookies still receive payments, from playing vfl. My point is about listed draftees, who receive the base salary, then most likely receive half or double that in match payments.

Perhaps you should follow the discourse of the discussion.

Very interested in Gore obviously. I have a sweet spot for tacklers ...and will be watching for defensive mindset.Is he a possible tagger. Is he a possible BP. A heap of mids come thru and look good with ball in hands , and few can translate that but I like the aggressive , hard edged mindset that I saw in Guthrie and that I get sense from Gore.
Of course , we need more that that so there will plenty to observe
If Guthrie spends more time in the midfield, Gore develops into the player you'd like + Max Rooke instills his grunt into them, I'd be very happy. However, we need to remember Scott's number one Commandment 'Thou Shalt be Versatile'. With that in mind Turbo, what other position do you see Gore adding to his bow?

If Guthrie spends more time in the midfield, Gore develops into the player you'd like + Max Rooke instills his grunt into them, I'd be very happy. However, we need to remember Scott's number one Commandment 'Thou Shalt be Versatile'. With that in mind Turbo, what other position do you see Gore adding to his bow?

Nice Avaitar :thumbsu:

Early days , Id like to see him play more , but either BP or FP could be possible. From what I've read and seen , he is a reasonable mark , not so much a leap though so more likely to play for spillage , but even better be one mean scroungy mongrel type when playing as a defensive forward. Its all a bit early , Id like to him play before nail it down hard , but its a way I look at FP. Entry level position.

is that a free streamed game or have you paid for all season?
lucky i'm streaming from the WWW.
No it's the AFL Official Live app - $90 for the season, but you can get a trial + then remember to cancel the subscription after the trial. Or it's $14.95 p/month. You can also buy it for one week, which IIRC is about $5.

No it's the AFL Official Live app - $90 for the season, but you can get a trial + then remember to cancel the subscription after the trial. Or it's $14.95 p/month. You can also buy it for one week, which IIRC is about $5.
is it possible to go through via telstra package?

you can get a digital membership or a digital add on through the cats so they get a bit of something from it if you are going to buy it. i am in rural WA so i bought a digital membership as soon as they brought them out for this year. right now i am mirroring my iphone onto my appleTV which gives me full screen and the quality looks about the same as channel 7's standard def broadcasts.

and i am doing it via a 3g connection as there is no such thing as broadband where i live....

so in summary, no where near as good as HD foxtel, but certainly passable considering its about $80 for the year and the cats get a share, where as foxtel with the AFL package is over a grand a year i think.

Cheaper if you're a cats member and hook it up through your log in. Only $60 for season pass. That's too good to pass up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt was good, and good on him for the positive start.
It's been great seeing the former Cats playing, but I was gobsmacked to see Varcoe in Pies strip! Just Horrors! Wish them all well.

Nice Avaitar :thumbsu:

Early days , Id like to see him play more , but either BP or FP could be possible. From what I've read and seen , he is a reasonable mark , not so much a leap though so more likely to play for spillage , but even better be one mean scroungy mongrel type when playing as a defensive forward. Its all a bit early , Id like to him play before nail it down hard , but its a way I look at FP. Entry level position.
Thanks Turbo, there are probably a few who think I'm feral all year lol

Gore sounds exciting! Hope he can kick some goals too! Am keen to see him play + check if he has strength through the hips, which is always an advantage in that type of player. Is he fast?

Really, can't pin down any group of players I'm keen to see today, I'm greedy, can't wait to see our regulars + how they've developed over the summer, excited to see Clark + thrilled to see the brand new baby kittens.

Just start the game, already!!!

Cheaper if you're a cats member and hook it up through your log in. Only $60 for season pass. That's too good to pass up
True! Excellent idea German, I didn't get the digital pass, although I asked for it + the AFL Live app subscription automatically renewed, so I stuck with it.

you can get a digital membership or a digital add on through the cats so they get a bit of something from it if you are going to buy it. i am in rural WA so i bought a digital membership as soon as they brought them out for this year. right now i am mirroring my iphone onto my appleTV which gives me full screen and the quality looks about the same as channel 7's standard def broadcasts.

and i am doing it via a 3g connection as there is no such thing as broadband where i live....

so in summary, no where near as good as HD foxtel, but certainly passable considering its about $80 for the year and the cats get a share, where as foxtel with the AFL package is over a grand a year i think.

is that a free streamed game or have you paid for all season?
lucky i'm streaming from the WWW.
Or if you're a Cats member, you can get the digital add-on for an extra $60, which gives you a year's subscription to the AFL live app.

Or a one-month trial for free (you must sign up online for this, can't get it as an in-app purchase).

Predictions for the game? I reckon Gold Coast might get a win - playing for a new coach, plus hot conditions probably give them the advantage. For us it will be more experimenting and giving the new kids some gametime.

Unfortunately I'll only get to see the second half. :( Hopefully we haven't put half the team on ice by then. At least there's no subs for this game (thanks to the weather).

Go Cats! Bloody great to have footy back again.

It's been great seeing the former Cats playing, but I was gobsmacked to see Varcoe in Pies strip! Just Horrors! Wish them all well.

Thanks Turbo, there are probably a few who think I'm feral all year lol

Gore sounds exciting! Hope he can kick some goals too! Am keen to see him play + check if he has strength through the hips, which is always an advantage in that type of player. Is he fast?

Really, can't pin down any group of players I'm keen to see today, I'm greedy, can't wait to see our regulars + how they've developed over the summer, excited to see Clark + thrilled to see the brand new baby kittens.

Just start the game, already!!!

A powerful extractor in U18 Carnival with v good acceleration likes the long handball to advantage like Luke Dunstan does, I see a lot of similarities but I believe Gore has more pace, although remember he's only a first year kid.
He's a goal kicker, but is tough as so could play small defender for flexibility also.

It maybe his mantra but how often do we see him use the versatility he says he wants from our players ? Not often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back