Mega Thread AFL: No Trades (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting his angle is we should be allowed back now or we'll cause a storm in 2016 when we unleash our enforced cap buffer.

Why should the Swans trading within League rules be anyone's business? Causing a storm isn't against the rules either.

Petty jealousies and overt hatred from certain powerful voices in Vic seems to be the drivers for the AFL decision.

All this screams the ban was simply to prevent us making a splash. We should stop viewing this as a case of us being banned here, and view it more as a direct policy to give a free hit to our opponents - including the Premiers.

Interesting Frawley and Ryder mentioned again, too. I stand by my belief the AFL have acted on BF style rumours and banned us just in case. :rolleyes:

Excellent article. Im 100 per cent certain the ban will be lifted for this year. The afl has started to cop some grief about penalising a club for not breaking the rule.

Best case scenario for me would be goodes and shaw retire and we recruit dangerfield. The club then says in a statement how the afl's ban was the reason we were able to recruit him because we didnt/couldnt replace the contract's of ROK and LRT

Said in the article that the Swans are struggling to be able to afford to re-sign some of our improving players due to salary cap pressure.

Someone like Parker whose form has improved to a point that a review of his current contract is warranted is where our main issues would be I think.

Parker re signed last year. By the time for renewal, goodes, shaw, richards will be gone. He will get the money he deserves
Parker is a potential future captain, the club will do a great deal to keep him at the club. From his interviews he is happy in Sydney as well.

Also, 2K posts!

"... the AFL has admitted it needed to use a blunt instrument such as a ban to remove anomalies from the draft and salary cap system as quickly as possible..."

What's the best way to remove anomalies from the draft and salary cap system? By creating more anomalies in the draft and salary cap system! #aflcommissionlogic

"... the AFL has admitted it needed to use a blunt instrument such as a ban to remove anomalies from the draft and salary cap system as quickly as possible..."

What's the best way to remove anomalies from the draft and salary cap system? By creating more anomalies in the draft and salary cap system! #aflcommissionlogic
The way it's always been and probably forever will be, unfortunately RW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a majority of AFL operations resuming normal service today after the holidays did we say all we wanted to say with the commission on December 15?

Hoping we get a answer in the coming days.

This website needs an 'optimistic' rating. No chance we'll get an answer in the near future, it'll be dragged out until they can find a mass media day and they'll attempt to bury it... opening day of the cricket world cup or something like that.

This website needs an 'optimistic' rating. No chance we'll get an answer in the near future, it'll be dragged out until they can find a mass media day and they'll attempt to bury it... opening day of the cricket world cup or something like that.
Or when the result of the Essendon drug tribunal hearing comes out?

Swans Trade ban: short range weather report

Currently in the grip of an El Commisho event: utter silence with no foreseeable clarity on the horizon.

This is not to be confused with the concurrent Big Footo event: of mindless hearsay, baseless innuendos and complete idiocy.

On a slight side note, anyone reading into Dangerfield not being named the crows skipper? Obviously their best player/face of the club and I would of thought he'd be a shoe in. Maybe he hasn't committed beyond this year? I'd say he'd have room if goodes and shaw retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back