AFL Official Fan Survey - Qs 14/15 Regarding Dangerfield

Is it reasonable to ask questions about Dangerfield in theofficial AFL fan survey?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed that on bigfooty, any poll that gives people an opportunity to criticise the AFL will have the votes skewed towards the result that is critical, regardless of the issue

Same with polls run by the Herald Sun

The AFL has to work out whether it is a governing body with a responsibility to conduct itself professionally or whether it is a tabloid

You are missing the AFL aim, it wants to be the game and be the media on the game for control purposes. It wants to promote the issues it wants discussed and bury the ones it doesn't.

Bollocks, The Crows get a generous run from City Hall, compared to Carlton. No FA Compo for Betts or Waite, that's pathetic.

Anyhow everyone connected in the footy community knows Danger is leaving (most likely destination is Collingwood)

An unnecessary and inappropriate furore over such a trivial issue.
Wait is old and crap that doesn't deserve a compo pick

It didn't bother me..might be wrong but I swear there was one about buddy or ablett in the survey the year they put off contract talks too. He's singled out because he is the most high profiled player up for grabs this year.

It's simple, they want to make an article saying so & so % of AFL fans think danger is going to Geelong, this much to others and this much think he'll stay at Adelaide. I can see it now.

Really can't see myself getting annoyed at a question that maybe asked if Goldstein/Cunnington were going to leave.

As others have said, pretty sure Ablett/Buddy/Thomas have featured in these polls before.

I also remember some Crows fans sooking because Fox or someone put Dangerfield in a Pies guernsey earlier this year. Really not sure why these things are a big deal. Like, are you really offended about people asking whether a player might leave? It has no bearing on whether he leaves or not.

Really can't see myself getting annoyed at a question that maybe asked if Goldstein/Cunnington were going to leave.

As others have said, pretty sure Ablett/Buddy/Thomas have featured in these polls before.

I also remember some Crows fans sooking because Fox or someone put Dangerfield in a Pies guernsey earlier this year. Really not sure why these things are a big deal. Like, are you really offended about people asking whether a player might leave? It has no bearing on whether he leaves or not.
No, not offended by people asking or speculating or the media for that matter.

But am offended when it's the sports governing body. They should stick to governing the sport, not tabloid journalism.

No, not offended by people asking or speculating or the media for that matter.

But am offended when it's the sports governing body. They should stick to governing the sport, not tabloid journalism.

The AFL want the conversation to be about Mick, or will Patty leave, or Bucks and his kids. They don't want the conversation to be about PEDs, Friday night fixtures, or their third world website.

Meanwhile, another cracking Friday night Carlton blockbuster. All is well at AFL HQ. I for one am glad the game is in such competent hands.

as an "interstater" I found the survey often irrelevant, popularist and avoiding the big questions.
Given 3 options to a question, none of which express your view, you have to pick one so they can trumpet their fan involvement.
I'm pleased hotdogs are cheaper at Melbourne venues, but I have to take a second mortgage to buy a half cup of chips at Subi oval.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe if they want to have such questions they should have 4 or 5 in a row of the same question with different names inserted. Singling out 1 club/player is a bit off.

Back