AFL Prelim Final 2015 - Fremantle v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Clear example of why alcohol shouldnt be served at the footy. Gives the idiots a reason to ark up.

The two 50 mtr penalties where huge in the context of the game. Freo had to chase and the crowd was silenced. Obviously the umps didnt have the last say but those two 50s should not be underestimated.

One 50 m penalty, where we did not see the off the ball contact
Impossible to say that the umpire was not correct

One reversal of Fremantle kick for a clear cut prohibited contact by Ballantyne on Suckling

A lot of idiots arcing up about the umpires actually enforcing the laws of the game

One reversal of Fremantle kick for a clear cut prohibited contact by Ballantyne on Suckling
Clear cut? You're trolling, right?

That was as soft as anything. Hell, Suckling pretty much ran into Ballantyne and Ballantyne thus gave him some contact.

You can certainly argue that it may have technically been there, but it was so ridiculously soft that play should've been allowed to continue as normal. It was basically akin to that dodgy decision against Rance when he threw the ball too hard - you can argue that it may have technically been there, but even if it was it's bullshit to pay it.

I'd like to hear some views on Fyfe and him playing on with that injury. Granted he was courageous and managed to do some great things, but he was clearly distressed and not at his absolute best... I'm conflicted, my respect for him went up significantly but was the decision to stay out there brave, stupid, negligent, inspirational or a liability to the side?

Wow, the umpire-bashing continues unabated...
I think the umpire bashing is warranted and justified, they had a mare, but to blame them for FREO losing the game is over the top. Hawthorn in that mood are unstoppable and that's why they won, not because of any umpiring decisions.

The Dockers just played dumb footy last night. The highlight of the night was Pav running on from the interchange telling a player - who was already the man on the mark - to man up a loose man when Pav should have done so himself. In the end, the other player didn't hear him and both of them were marking the same player and the loose Hawks player got the ball and kicked the goal. It just confirmed what footy people know about Pav; he is highly inflexible and once he makes his mind up about doing something its his way or the highway.

I think the umpire bashing is warranted and justified, they had a mare, but to blame them for FREO losing the game is over the top. Hawthorn in that mood are unstoppable and that's why they won, not because of any umpiring decisions.

This is pretty much it. Mayne kicks that goal and the Ballantyne soft hit on Suckling doesn't happen, the momentum sticks with Freo and they obviously run over the top of us with their fearsome 65 point average score. :rolleyes:

If I were a Freo supporter I'd be more focused on the self inflicted issue rather than RARAR UMPIRES. (although to their credit I think most are).

One 50 m penalty, where we did not see the off the ball contact
Impossible to say that the umpire was not correct

A lot of idiots arcing up about the umpires actually enforcing the laws of the game

Clear cut...Ballantyne didnt have to what he did but it was not a 50. How many times do I have to say this...freo shot themselves in the foot but the two 50's are huge. They shifted the momentum in the game at a crucial part.

If I were a Freo supporter I'd be more focused on the self inflicted issue rather than RARAR UMPIRES. (although to their credit I think most are).

Yeah. Ironically, I think most of the fans booing the umpiring from last night are non-Freo opposition supporters who simply hate Hawthorn and don't want to see them bask in the glory of three straight flags. :D

Clear cut...Ballantyne didnt have to what he did but it was not a 50. How many times do I have to say this...freo shot themselves in the foot but the two 50's are huge. They shifted the momentum in the game at a crucial part.

Yeah, it was tiggiest touch-wood free in history, but Ballantyne knew what he was doing...

I'd like to hear some views on Fyfe and him playing on with that injury. Granted he was courageous and managed to do some great things, but he was clearly distressed and not at his absolute best... I'm conflicted, my respect for him went up significantly but was the decision to stay out there brave, stupid, negligent, inspirational or a liability to the side?

Fyfe on one leg is still better than any replacement on Freo's list, he was clearly hampered as he mostly handballed rather than kicked and didn't have his trademark leap to clunk marks but he still had an impact.

It's a sign of what a champion the guy is that Ross Lyon was prepared to play him well short of 100%.

As much as I might hate Freo due to the Ross Lyon thing I still respect Pavlich and McPharlin and it's a sad way for them to bow out if it's their last game.

Pavlich, McPharlin and Fyfe are the three greatest Dockers I've seen, Hasleby gets the subs vest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw the footage of the Ballantyne 50... holy s**t, what a joke.

Meanwhile we got nothing for this just two weeks ago right in front of the ump:

172877_b1b645b1794a51f8e92f6649b7ee5224.gif

Fyfe on one leg is still better than any replacement on Freo's list, he was clearly hampered as he mostly handballed rather than kicked and didn't have his trademark leap to clunk marks but he still had an impact.

It's a sign of what a champion the guy is that Ross Lyon was prepared to play him well short of 100%.

As much as I might hate Freo due to the Ross Lyon thing I still respect Pavlich and McPharlin and it's a sad way for them to bow out if it's their last game.

Pavlich, McPharlin and Fyfe are the three greatest Dockers I've seen, Hasleby gets the subs vest.
I agree Fyfe on one leg is better than a lot of blokes running around in the AFL, but he wasn't winded, or corked, he technically was running around with a broken leg, I'm just questioning the wisdom in letting him do that.

Was there even footage of the incident for the second 50? Hard to complain about it when there's not much in the way of seeing whether it was there or not.

are you saying you'd like to see more (or at least some) consistency in umpiring? don't hold your breath

Ballantyne is like Milne, he is noted by the umpires as a little s**t stirrer so gets pinged on reputation and they ignore frees against him.

I agree Fyfe on one leg is better than a lot of blokes running around in the AFL, but he wasn't winded, or corked, he technically was running around with a broken leg, I'm just questioning the wisdom in letting him do that.

The Freo medicos would have assessed Fyfe and said he won't get any worse if we play him or even if he does he has a summer to recover.

He is that good they probably would have pushed him onto the ground in a wheelchair.

Hawks are a very very very good side. I think they would have won last night regardless of the Umps decisions.
They had all the answers and had Freo completely shut down when switching and trying to go up the line.
What amazes me is how such a side that is noted for it's attacking (rightly so) is also so good at pressuring the opposition.

I'm still pissed at the umps, they are s**t, but well done Hawks.

Man! the whinging about the umpires all over this board is horrible.

I can think of 3 frees not paid to Hawthorn that resulted in Freo goals, without even trying. Every supporter base could do the same, every bloody week.

People who genuinely think umpires go out there to decide a game, or favour a team need to stop stealing perfectly good oxygen.

Hawthorn seem to get the 'rub of the green' more than any other team.
Seem being the operative word. Winning teams always seem to be favoured during their successful periods. Le
It was major contributing factor
No It was not. Only reason it keeps being mentioned by neutrals is because people want the challengers to win. Freo were smashed.

The problem is they dont keep it up though do they. In the heat of the moment, umps put the whistle away but will blow on anything in the first half. They are never consistent....any given day.
I dont support freo and actually respect the way hawks play but last night the umps got sucked into the occasion.

Hes ****en useless got destroyed by redpath in last years vfl final ahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahhah

And now he has a shot to equal the amount of flags won by your clubs entire history. Who knows he might have the last laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back