AFL Prelim Final 2015 - Fremantle v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Truer words have been spoken from politicians...
Mate, Hawthorn got a massive advantage by contentious umpiring decisions. If the umpiring had cancelled out the scoreline would've been the usual Hawthourn prelim story 1-2 goal defeat or victory. Contrarily, if as what occurs in most matches the boisterous home crowd slightly or severely favours the home team Freo win by a goal or 2. If they had not made a few poor errors then more than likely defeat despite all the umpiring.

Personally, I believe there are a minority of umps that are on the take. Betting on sport is massive atm, just think of the huge amount of betting companies flooding the advertising void with their pick me marketing. It is absolutely ridiculous. A TV ad on a big sports event is massive money, on top of the radio, print, internet, magazine, AFL and forum sites etc.. it is mind blowing how much we are inundated with betting ads!! When you get tens or hundreds of millions of dollars invested on one sporting event someone dirty can discretely get a family member or close family member to take the "gift" for their work. Police and politicians can be paid off too if required.

I do find it more than coincidental that as the ice/ drug epidemic has grown the betting industry has grown proportionally. Money laundering very few very easy legal ways is to utilise gambling!

Nevertheless, great spectacle and Hawthorn was very skilful but shame it was tainted by substandard umpiring which detracted from the victory. If they get a three peat I will acknowledge it as legitimate due to the sourness of the prelim of '15

You need some more tin foil for your hat.

The lack of respect this team gets from opposition supporters is ridiculous.
Apparently Hawks are a bunch of no talent hacks and the AFL decided to gift us 4 grand final appearances just to stick it up every supporter of every other club
Clearly Hawthorn are and have always been the AFLs pet.
Based on that we should just get given the cup this week without having to play

It's sad really... I guess we'll have to catch all those tears in our 13 premiership cups..!

You can't see clearly due to hawthorn getting such an easy run with the Umps each week.
Suck it up princess we're in the big dance and your not.

I will admit we seemingly get the rub of the green at times, more noticibily than the freo game is the port prelim last year, they had us on the ropes early but for memory a couple of soft frees got us back in the game.

Freo lost the game because they're not up to it, and I think deep down most recognize that.

How about that Margetts - north really copped it from him didn't they.
He didn't get named for the GF either. What will WCE do now :rolleyes:. Seriously though all this crying over the umps have turned big footy into a pretty sour place this week, when it should be a week of celebration.

People need to be very careful when making statements like this. If you thought this of the hawks/freo game, I would be interested in how far you went in making rash statements in the north/eagles game. Yes there were a couple of soft decisions, yes it might have halted their momentum but it was in the first quarter ffs and last time I looked the game went for four. Breust should of got a free kick for a push in to the fence (I note that it got paid in the eagles game and Waite actually threw himself into the fence for that one) and from that spot Breust may have goaled. The elbow to the face from Tabenar (for which he has been reported) was seen by the ump but not given and a freo goal resulted. The umps were crap but to accuse them of cheating - well that's just slanderous.
You've watched too much CSI

Remove this Banner Ad

Back