AFL Prelim Final 2015 - West Coast v North Melbourne, Sat Sept 26, 5.45pm, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting the universe to collapse in to itself if Stevic and Margetts both get a gig next week

AFL = The worst officiated sport in the world.
Boxing? International figure skating with Russian judges?

But really, the may need to be a ground up rethink of HOW umpiring in the AFL is done. The physical requirements are astonishingly high, and the higher they are, the harder it is to find candidates with the composure Nd decision making.

But Australian rules football does not lend itself to perfect umpiring in ANY way shape or form. At all.

Hmmm.

First and foremost, I'm so happy! A really gutsy fightback after North came with a plan to shut down our strengths and to really beat up on some of our guns early on.

But Jesus... were these really the best 6 umpires in Australia? Last night we had a guy with evidence over a long period suggesting he tends to favor a team. Tonight we've got a guy who is blatantly disrespectful to players, and makes decisions presumably with the knowledge that they're crap decisions to make a spectacle of himself.

I can't be objective, I know Roos fans are going to have some grievances. But given how much scragging the Roos were doing early on that was missed, and given some clear free kicks missed, I doubt it decided the result.

It's the inconsistency that will drive us crazy before the adjudication itself. If saw the same things paid in the first quarter to the last I doubt we'd have a problem - but we had umpires tonight who, between themselves, couldn't even agree on the adjudication. I don't know that I've ever seen so many free kicks paid by the non-officiating umpire.

Packed house at Arden Street.

arden2.jpg

You are my hero. So brave and clever.

Just didnt have enough left in the tank for 4qtrs, two big finals then to travel over there was always going to be hard. The first quarter was incredible and if we could of kept it going we probably would of won it. Fair play to the Eagles just too good in the end.

8th to a prelim and taking it up to one of the best teams in the comp, il take that. Proud of my club.

I don't know what is less professional: the stinking/biased commentary or the stinking/inconsistent umpiring..
Either way the AFL as an overall product is hitting new lows on every level. The only thing professional about the sport is the way most* clubs are run. Everything else stinks.

That's one view

Hey by the way there another game next week if you would like to watch .....

I mean if you're not interested that's fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You might have noticed that many games struggle to get a decent crowd. This finals series has made me seriously question why I follow this sport. I imagine I'm not alone.
Geelong supporter who squeals about the big bad Hawks in every game day thread over the season, questions why he follows the sport after Hawthorn make the Grand Final.

Colour me shocked.

Watch the Jacobs one ...shuey made contact with his legs yes but was it below the knees

It's only trip if it's below the knees

Now you could pay the other one also for taking out a player but it wasn't vicious contact either

I think shuey hits him with his body above the knee ......that's play on
Like I said earlier get your coke bottles checked.

If you think that contact was above the knees your blind as well as stupid.

You played are great pressure game. If you kept it up for the full game you would of won plain and simple.

But maintaining that effort is extremely difficult. In the patches you dropped off we (sorta) punished you.

We weren't our cleanest but we were clean enough.

And yes the umpires love us.

I thought our pressure was okay, it wasn't as hot as the first half in the second half but our forwards let the side down, just didn't put scoreboard pressure on. Dropped so many easy marks and missed a lot of clutch goals you need to kick in finals to put the scoreboard pressure on.

That's the way the cookie crumbles, you have to take your chances.

8th to a prelim and taking it up to one of the best teams in the comp, il take that. Proud of my club.

Tanking in the last round was only good enough for a prelim eh?

A Richmond fan commenting with authority on what makes a difference in finals.
Mate, if I EVER need to know which model microwave to buy, I'll PM you
One of the more interesting premises on bigfooty is that your footballing knowledge is congruent to how high the team they support finishes on the ladder....

Apparently the same St Kilda supporter was a football expert in 2010 but now knows nothing about the game.....

Tanking in the last round was only good enough for a prelim eh?[/QUOTE]

Keep it up you pathetic, weak campaigner. It takes a real man to stick the boots in straight after a brave effort. How does losing 3 eliminations finals in a row feel you slug?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back