Preview AFL Round 1 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, Monday April 6 3.20PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark may be better than Waite, but NM def got him for a flag tilt- this year; likely based on his great performance against NM, and against Geelong. We (or I) are talking about this season, 2015, and Waite = Clark. Besides, NM has several other very good tall options up fwd- BBrown, Tarrant, Daw- all capable of worrying defenders, apart from Petrie. And an excellent ruck setup.

Sorry VD, on exposed form Daw does not worry defenders, and is not a very good option. He's rubbish. He will need to improve more than dramatically to even be competent at senior level.

As I've said before, maybe North will take the competition by storm. Maybe they'll win the flag. But I don't see it, as for pretty much the last decade they've always been about to do this. I need to see a glimmer of evidence before I'm remotely convinced. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry VD, on exposed form Daw does not worry defenders, and is not a very good option. He's rubbish. He will need to improve more than dramatically to even be competent at senior level.

As I've said before, maybe North will take the competition by storm. Maybe they'll win the flag. But I don't see it, as for pretty much the last decade they've always been about to do this. I need to see a glimmer of evidence before I'm remotely convinced. Maybe I'm wrong.
Spoke to a NM fan on another part of this forum and asked him about their forwards.

He concurred that Daw isn't threatening and just like Cowan, McCarthy, Blease etc it appears to be his last chance saloon.

I don't see it. Fragile in too many areas to worry the contenders. On a good day yes, but a good day requires 3 or 4 sublime performances to win the flag. They don't have it in them.

They haven't been getting talked up for a decade! Surely only last couple of years they have even been looked at seriously, and even then still on learning curve-I didn't expect them to get beyond a couple of finals last year. I don't expect them to go backwards this year, so they should play a role in September.

It's such a fine line I reckon. Did Norf really have a good finals series? I mean, Essendon out played them for a half in their first final but they were good enough and fit enough to run over the top of them. Then against us they played well for 3 quarters before nearly putting together one of the greatest choking performances in AFL history. And lets be honest, we were cooked by the time that game came around and were nowhere near our best. Any decent side would have beaten us that night. Then against the Swans they got smashed and were clearly nowhere near good enough to be competitive against them.

Perhaps I'm looking at the glass half empty, but I'm not so sure that Norf will live up to expectations this year. Top 8 yes. Top 4, no.

Hey mate, what's the word on Birchall? Is he likely to play or will he be held back?

And also, I've always been curious, what does WWSD stand for? :)

The report coming out from our club is that he's in the mix. I personally don't think he'll play though. He's had no match conditioning at all. If he does play he will be fairly rusty.

What would Spangher do

:oops:

The report coming out from our club is that he's in the mix. I personally don't think he'll play though. He's had no match conditioning at all. If he does play he will be fairly rusty.

What would Spangher do

:oops:
YES! I got it right. :D

At least both teams look like they will be close to full strength. There's no point rushing anyone back for round 1, no matter who it is against. It should be a ripper of a game! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how many of you guys subject yourselves to reading the Hawk board. Why don't you just smack yourself in the face with a brick, less painful, less frustration and you won't get carded by a trigger happy mod/admin with an ego for simply putting your point of view across

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back