Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood vs Adelaide Matchday Discussion (MCG - 4.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^^^^

Look I hope Buckley can turn things around and succeeds I'm no partisan hack. However you've just gone through a list of personalities that are at every football club and excused Bucks in all cases.

I couldn't care less what the players do and care little of who they are, I just want them to get the most out of themselves and win flags. There's a myriad of factors for that to happen, and I think it would be very concerning if Broomhead and Kennedy walked out and yes you'd need to ask questions obviously.

Hopefully that doesn't happen and the playing group for whatever reasons bonds.

^^^^^^^

Look I hope Buckley can turn things around and succeeds I'm no partisan hack. However you've just gone through a list of personalities that are at every football club and excused Bucks in all cases.

I couldn't care less what the players do and care little of who they are, I just want them to get the most out of themselves and win flags. There's a myriad of factors for that to happen, and I think it would be very concerning if Broomhead and Kennedy walked out and yes you'd need to ask questions obviously.

Hopefully that doesn't happen and the playing group for whatever reasons bonds.

I have excused Bucks in all cases, because there is insufficient evidence that the case you put forward has any inkling of being true. And what if say Broomhead doesn't like Buckley, does that mean he is a bad coach, or does that mean that a new young upstart can't take words of arguably the best player to ever play the game, who has been there and done that in his playing career, would reflect worse on the kid than the Man.

If we get a mas walk out like what happened at Brisbane, then we may have issues, but there is nothing Buckley can do to stop this slide. We are very young, we have had injuries to the only guys that could of took us to the finals, and we have had some pretty crap form from players that should be standing up, like Blair, Young, Goldsack and White. And some fans are still blind to it. To think Goldsack is playing well, or even Blair for that matter, is just way off the mark. They are of the age, where they should be getting mid 20's possessions, and being dangerous to the opposition, none of this 11, 13, 14 crap, with Blair playing out of his skin in comparrison to lately with 18 touches of the leather. Those four are who are letting us down, not Buckley, and if MacAffer wasn't keeping his man quiet I would be on his case too. Just needed more from them type.

Maths lesson for the day is, Injuries + Youth + Slack four or five senior players = Loss = Missing finals, does not = Poor coach.

I have excused Bucks in all cases, because there is insufficient evidence that the case you put forward has any inkling of being true..

There has been strong rumours that these guys mentioned didn't like Buckley so 'not and inkling of being true', well that's just fantasy.

And what if say Broomhead doesn't like Buckley, does that mean he is a bad coach, or does that mean that a new young upstart can't take words of arguably the best player to ever play the game, who has been there and done that in his playing career, would reflect worse on the kid than the Man..

I don't care if they don't like each other as long as they can play great footy for the club, but you'd like Bucks as coach to develop deep bonds with players so they don't walk out all the same. I don't want to make this a MM v Bucks thing but the players at most teams seemed to love, adore MM, this doesn't seem Bucks strength and it is a massive failing as coach if players walk... Hasn't happened in Broomy's case and fingers crossed it doesn't.

If we get a mas walk out like what happened at Brisbane, then we may have issues, but there is nothing Buckley can do to stop this slide. We are very young, we have had injuries to the only guys that could of took us to the finals, and we have had some pretty crap form from players that should be standing up, like Blair, Young, Goldsack and White. And some fans are still blind to it..

If we get a mass walk out like Brisbane then that would be a catastrophic outcome that resulted in not dealing with issues. Injuries maybe another issue all together.

To think Goldsack is playing well, or even Blair for that matter, is just way off the mark. They are of the age, where they should be getting mid 20's possessions, and being dangerous to the opposition, none of this 11, 13, 14 crap, with Blair playing out of his skin in comparrison to lately with 18 touches of the leather. Those four are who are letting us down, not Buckley, and if MacAffer wasn't keeping his man quiet I would be on his case too. Just needed more from them type...

Goldsack and even Macaffer have been serviceable, but Bucks should not have been playing Blair and if the rumour that Broomy is unhappy re game time then you would really need to ask questions as to why he played Blair over Broomy when Broomy is the future and better already.

Maths lesson for the day is, Injuries + Youth + Slack four or five senior players = Loss = Missing finals, does not = Poor coach.

I can't remember if you were a defender of MM or you didn't want him at the club, but if my memory serves me right and you were on the anti MM brigade then your sentiments and excuses re the coach are questionable.

Injuries, youth walking out (hope not), slack senior players, slack senior players getting selected, all these questioned have to be raised. I can't think how you could think otherwise.

Last edited:

There has been strong rumours that these guys mentioned didn't like Buckley so 'not and inkling of being true', well that's just fantasy.

Where are the strong rumors coming from? SEN, Big Footy? It's not in regular media. How many times do the unconventional rumor mill need to be wrong before we treat it with the little respect it deserves?

I don't care if they don't like each other as long as they can play great footy for the club, but you'd like Bucks as coach to develop deep bonds with players so they don't walk out all the same. I don't want to make this a MM v Bucks thing but the players at most teams seemed to love, adore MM, this doesn't seem Bucks strength and it is a massive failing as coach if players walk... Hasn't happened in Broomy's case and fingers crossed it doesn't.

I have seen equal amount of players say that Buckley is great than I have seen say Malthouse is great. Cloke just said Buckley is great just yesterday. You seem to listen to what you want to listen to.

Goldsack and even Macaffer have been serviceable, but Bucks should not have been playing Blair and if the rumour that Broomy is unhappy re game time then you would really need to ask questions as to why he played Blair over Broomy when Broomy is the future and better already.

MacAffer I agree, as he is a stopper. Goldsack, it has been the worst season I have seen him play, and from what I have seen, it is very far from even servicable. Broomhead is a second year player who was injured a lot last year. There is no need for a player to be demanding game time as early as Broomhead is, if he is, which I doubt. Blair should of been in and out of the side as his form warranted that. But alot of coaches keep faith in poorly performing players. Malthouse was a s**t for it, Chad Morrison I WILL NEVER FORGET FRICKEN CHAD FRICKEN MORRISON.

I can't remember if you were a defender of MM or you didn't want him at the club, but if my memory serves me right and you were on the anti MM brigade then your sentiments and excuses re the coach are questionable.

A major anti MM brigader. But he had my total support until about 5-7 years in. I was critical of little things like I am with Bucks, but it is ridiculous to be bagging your new coach prior to five years in my opinion, and it will remain my opinion, as it quite obviously should be everyones, but hey, I don't make the rules. If Bucks plays favourites, and does the things wrong that I felt Malthouse was, he will lose my trust and belief more and more from the five year mark, to the ten year mark if he is around that long. I am sure he won't become an egotistical a-hole to the media, which is purely a window for us supporters to see talk of our team.

Injuries, youth walking out (hope not), slack senior players, slack senior players getting selected, all these questioned have to be raised. I can't think how you could think otherwise.

Nothing to see yet, apart from poorly backed up rumor.

Where are the strong rumors coming from? SEN, Big Footy? It's not in regular media. How many times do the unconventional rumor mill need to be wrong before we treat it with the little respect it deserves?.

There were strong rumours that the rat pack and Bucks weren't getting along. Lumumba's walk out recently Jolly's parting shots. Not saying Bucks was to blame but you want the coach to be above personality clashes all the same. Oh yeah and Caro and the rest of the media, Carey included were sayin there was team disharmony especially between Bucks and Swan, but a lot of it I'd like to think as bullshit and Collingwood selling papers.

I have seen equal amount of players say that Buckley is great than I have seen say Malthouse is great. Cloke just said Buckley is great just yesterday. You seem to listen to what you want to listen to. .

I'm sure there's people that love Bucks. I bumped into Richie Cole home from the MCG last year, he said he'd preferred playing under Bucks as captain anyday, anytime over Hird. OK, being considered a better man than Hird is not the greatest of endightments but it remains a positive one all the same.

However on MM you'd have to have your head in the sand if you couldn't acknowledge that for whatever reason he has built great bonds with the players he's coached. He might piss people off in the media but it appears players love the guy.

MacAffer I agree, as he is a stopper. Goldsack, it has been the worst season I have seen him play, and from what I have seen, it is very far from even servicable. Broomhead is a second year player who was injured a lot last year. There is no need for a player to be demanding game time as early as Broomhead is, if he is, which I doubt. Blair should of been in and out of the side as his form warranted that. But alot of coaches keep faith in poorly performing players. Malthouse was a s**t for it, Chad Morrison I WILL NEVER FORGET FRICKEN CHAD FRICKEN MORRISON..

Goldsack hasn't been too bad this year. For a while there with his pressure and tenacity in the forward line you could say he was having his best season. Macaffer has been OK, just OK. But why has Blair been in the side? Why? Maybe Bucks plays favourites too. As it appears, you as a poster do too. ;)

A major anti MM brigader. But he had my total support until about 5-7 years in. I was critical of little things like I am with Bucks, but it is ridiculous to be bagging your new coach prior to five years in my opinion, and it will remain my opinion, as it quite obviously should be everyones, but hey, I don't make the rules. If Bucks plays favourites, and does the things wrong that I felt Malthouse was, he will lose my trust and belief more and more from the five year mark, to the ten year mark if he is around that long. I am sure he won't become an egotistical a-hole to the media, which is purely a window for us supporters to see talk of our team. .

I'm sorry but I'm going to go on a rant here. People who are partisan are a waste of energy and bandwidth. I remember now, the MM and all things coaching thread or whatever it was called, half the time the last reply was DNine and quite frankly I could not be ****ed engaging with such bullshit. But I'll give it a crack, I couldn't give a toss about MM's media performances from a PR perspective and I found them to be entertaining to be honest, however all that aside, my more lasting memories of MM would have been images of Licuria crying on MM's shoulder 2002, and generally being seen as a father-figure loved and adored by players that he, and there's a strong argument for this which I won't go into or indulge with you because your partisan, that he got the absolute most out of.

Nothing to see yet, apart from poorly backed up rumor.

It is rumour, let's hope that is all it is and it's simply bullshit. Fair dinkum you behaved like a lunatic in the MM coaching threads and now you've turned full circle and the current coach doesn't absorb responsibility for the performance and form of senior players and the team overall? My word, that's a far cry from youre sentiments about the previous coach, or maybe youre personal bias is so strong it makes you so partisan and unworthy of debate on these matters.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back