Discussion AFL Round 18: Predictions, Photos, and Discussions

Light V Light. Oh no! What a clash! We must correct this.
On the other hand. Dark V Dark. Oh no! What a clash! We must correct this. How? Yes by getting the Home team to wear a clash. I'm talking about last night btw.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
IMO, while West Coast are wearing the tri-panel at home, Richmond need three guernseys; a black based one (their home jumper), a yellow based one (their VFL clash), and a white based one that they only wear against West Coast.

It's ridiculous that a team can get away with only having black based jumpers. Not even Essendon are that petty.
Could they simplify and just have a black jumper and a white clash? White clash would work against anyone who the black wouldn't work against.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
I'm talking about last night btw.
I figured that :thumbsu:
'How must we fix this? Oh I know, as we have our heads up Richmond's asses in regards to a proper clash guernsey, we shall force the West Coast to wear their clash at home! Excellent stuff!'

I figured that :thumbsu:
'How must we fix this? Oh I know, as we have our heads up Richmond's asses in regards to a proper clash guernsey, we shall force the West Coast to wear their clash at home! Excellent stuff!'
Question is Are Richmond a protected species?

Could they simplify and just have a black jumper and a white clash? White clash would work against anyone who the black wouldn't work against.
Yeah, but, the yellow jumper looks great, and is more Richmond-y. They could do without it, but I think it'd look great against black jumpers.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Question is Are Richmond a protected species?
From Wikipedia:
'Tigers once ranged widely across Asia, from Turkey in the west to the eastern coast of Russia. Over the past 100 years, they have lost 93% of their historic range, and have been extirpated from southwest and central Asia, from the islands of Java and Bali, and from large areas of Southeast and Eastern Asia. Today, they range from the Siberian taiga to open grasslands and tropical mangrove swamps. The remaining six tiger subspecies have been classified as endangered by IUCN. The global population in the wild is estimated to number between 3,062 and 3,948 individuals, down from around 100,000 at the start of the 20th century, with most remaining populations occurring in small pockets isolated from each other.'
Yes, otherwise they'd be extinct :drunk:

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Yeah, but, the yellow jumper looks great, and is more Richmond-y. They could do without it, but I think it'd look great against black jumpers.
Agreed, yellow with black sash would look awesome.

Just if having 3 jumpers was considered "too many" for the Tigers, they could go with two. White with a yellow sash, black outline. Crows thought about a yellow jumper, but didn't want to still have to make a white one as well.

Sunday, July 27
Collingwood v Adelaide
Collingwood_Home_zps72538a68.png
Adelaide_Clash_zps8b9b762e.png

Once again the big game rule in place.

Carlton v Collingwood, both teams wear the home jumper against each other. But when an interstate side comes across (with a jumper that arguably causes no clash at all), they have to wear white.

The Gold and Red on Adelaide's jumper is so strong it avoids any clash with predominately dark teams IMO.

dblstR

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Once again the big game rule in place.

Carlton v Collingwood, both teams wear the home jumper against each other. But when an interstate side comes across (with a jumper that arguably causes no clash at all), they have to wear white.

The Gold and Red on Adelaide's jumper is so strong it avoids any clash with predominately dark teams IMO.

100% agree, especially the hoops at the back at the bottom, it was very unusual watching us play gold coast where we wore the indigenous jumper with no hoops at the back it was much darker as a whole. No idea why they make us wear this stupid clash jumper all the time when we go interstate when it barely clashes with any other home guernsey.

If the Adelaide end up wearing the white clash jumper:
Rich (BB code):
ashsta77, Spitta2Azza, Maxwell110, 

ADEL - Volta, akkaps, E92_, St Mark, DoctorPav29, hitthepost, 

ESS, ADEL - The Half Back,

WCE, RICH, ADEL - ShaunWCEFC, Noctorniquet,

WB, ESS, WCE, RICH, GCFC - Norm Landrover,

Rich (BB code):
9:
ashsta77, Spitta2Azza, Maxwell110,
8:
Volta, akkaps, E92_, St Mark, DoctorPav29, hitthepost,
7:
The Half Back, ShaunWCEFC, Noctorniquet,
6:
Norm Landrover,

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
100% agree, especially the hoops at the back at the bottom, it was very unusual watching us play gold coast where we wore the indigenous jumper with no hoops at the back it was much darker as a whole. No idea why they make us wear this stupid clash jumper all the time when we go interstate when it barely clashes with any other home guernsey.
Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne, West Coast, GWS and MAYBE Gold Coastare really the only ones who you should wear your clash against..

ashsta77

'Floreat Pica'
May 15, 2011
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Keyboard Warriors
Thanks for the round score update, akkaps.
Can we please have an overall season scoreboard put up when you get a chance? :)

Back