Review AFL Round 2 autopsy - Geelong defeat Hawthorn by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Better enjoy the ride why it lasts; who knows when its stops if its going to be another 44

My half brother and sister are like 6 and 9 I think and they are both good Geelong supporters. They were overseas when the grand final was on. I said to Dad they could live the rest of their lives and never see another flag, it's not very good timing to be away. 07 especially was too early for them to remember but they would have held memories from 11 if they went. Another one this year would sort it out :)

Buddy was out when he kicked it

... and Ossie technically disposed the ball incorrectly, but why let technicalities detract from some outstanding defending?

In the context of his having covered 45m in order to help out on the last line, Mackie's work was of the very highest order, and it had the ABC Radio team drooling about him for some time after this play.

[YOUTUBE]PnUPB8sRpWc[/YOUTUBE]

Things I noticed in that last 5 minutes watching with the sound off.
Hawkins was everywhere!! Great efforts.
Motlop was slack on the mark with the OOF kick that almost resulted in a Roughead mark.
Brilliant spoil by Mackie on Roughead that stopped him marking.

YES YES!! I noticed Motlop's failure to keep pressure on ( I bellowed at him at the time....the dog ran outside!!! ) and it could have been fatal. A brain fade by young Steven that I have no doubt would have been shown to him in review.

When your physically drained the brain doesn't want to work. It will be pointed out to Motlop that very good players overcome this....

Something for him to think about this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back