MRP / Trib. AFL Round 20 findings - J Selwood accepts reprimand for push on A Selwood, Johnson cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Leigh Mathews says on TV that Johnson could go for the shoulder hit.
He compares this to the McPharlin report where he copped 1 week.

Where is this game heading?
A fair had hit, the esence of the game

If it's what I think it was he has nothing to worry about. Guerra's were a lot worse and even then they weren't that bad.

Matthews is a flog... Darling got up holding his neck and grimacing from the mcpharlin bump, Johnsons hit on selwood he was crouched but his head was up right and it was on the shoulder. Selwood bounced strait up.
If he gets rubbed out for that absolute disgrace!!!!!!!!

leigh matthews is very clear
he hates the cats and puts us in the gun

c7 is fkd with bias

leigh mathews
malthouse
harley
darcy
all are very anti gfc

The reason McPharlin was suspended was because Darling made the contact look bad and the umpire put him in the book immediately. The MRP and tribunal then had their hands tied, because they had to follow the process and the rules have no flexibility. As has been pointed out, Selwood bounced straight up and appeared unaffected, so Johnson will probably have no case to answer because the MRP will either not review the incident or look at it and decide its not reportable.

surely not...

seeing it at normal speed during the game, my first thought was 'damn!'

but really, that could not possibly get a week/s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets give it currency bring it to the attention of the world,don't forget to PM the match review committee could you take out a half page add in the Herald Sun.FFS:mad:

If it's what I think it was he has nothing to worry about. Guerra's were a lot worse and even then they weren't that bad.
Guerra was suspended for three weeks after a similar front-on, head-down collision with Eddie Betts. If anything, Johnson's bump was worse than Guerra's, who tried to contest the ball, but was taken by surprise when a wimpy Betts made a last second decision to drop his head and go back in for the ball.

The MRP take a dim view on these "front on" collisions.
Brent Guerra was assessed as reckless, high contact and medium impact

Johnson's sole objective was to bump. He is probably in a spot of bother. Channel 7 commentators picked up on it; there is an article in The Age and you guys have a thread on it. You know the MRP will look at it. Where there is smoke, there is fire. James Kelly did a similar bump earlier this season and had no case to answer, so who knows which way it will go with the MRP Chooklotto?

It's time to flip a coin and sweat on which way it comes up

Guerra was suspended for three weeks after a similar front-on, head-down collision with Eddie Betts. If anything, Johnson's bump was worse than Guerra's [crap - SJ didn't even get him in the head - no case to answer], who tried to contest the ball [i.e. could have contested, but left the ball behind - serial thug who used same tactic against Chapman and got away with it], but was taken by surprise when a wimpy Betts made a last second decision to drop his head and go back in for the ball.

Johnson's sole objective was to bump. He is probably in a spot of bother. Channel 7 commentators picked up on it; there is an article in The Age and you guys have a thread on it. You know the MRP will look at it. Where there is smoke, there is fire. James Kelly did a similar bump earlier this season and had no case to answer, so who knows which way it will go with the MRP Chooklotto [at least you got one thing right]?

And just by the way, if you fail to show up any more with your Geelong-hating comments across half our threads, it won't be hard to take.

Guerra was suspended for three weeks after a similar front-on, head-down collision with Eddie Betts. If anything, Johnson's bump was worse than Guerra's, who tried to contest the ball, but was taken by surprise when a wimpy Betts made a last second decision to drop his head and go back in for the ball.

Johnson's sole objective was to bump. He is probably in a spot of bother. Channel 7 commentators picked up on it; there is an article in The Age and you guys have a thread on it. You know the MRP will look at it. Where there is smoke, there is fire. James Kelly did a similar bump earlier this season and had no case to answer, so who knows which way it will go with the MRP Chooklotto?

So Eddie Betts was 'wimpy' because he put his head down and tried to win a contested ball? I guess you think it was courageous of Guerra to run past the ball and elbow an unexpecting Podsiadly in the chest then.

I was referring to Guerra's bumps against the Cats. Both his hits against Chappy and Pods seemed worse than Johnson's, so going by that I'm hoping he has nothing to worry about.
Still, knowing the MRP he will probably get 10 weeks.

So Eddie Betts was 'wimpy' because he put his head down and tried to win a contested ball? I guess you think it was courageous of Guerra to run past the ball and elbow an unexpecting Podsiadly in the chest then.

I would not worry about anything this bloke thinks Winty. Just a s**t stirrer who is always trying to paint the GFC in a negative light.

SpryCorpse's response that SJ didn't hit him in the head, so has no case to answer should be the way these things are treated, but we know after the McPharlin bump on Darling that the tribunal doesn't agree. The positive for Johnson is that he hasn't been cited yet, let's hope it stays that way.

Was a good hit, nothing in it.

Reg, you're a clown who's obviously never been involved with any sort of forceful contact.

Insults, nice. On what basis do you make this "obvious" assessment? I imagine you're upset at my view of Darling and his staging tactics. When I was playing football we didn't tolerate that sort of dishonest behaviour from opposition players and if a player did that we would make sure that next time the opportunity arose we would crunch him good and proper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back