Review AFL Round 22 autopsy - Hawthorn defeats Geelong by 23 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Shown up for the pretenders we are, we get beat the exact same ways every time it happens, haven't improved as a team since we lost to them in the finals last year, as usual Scott won't feel any pressure.

That second half was an absolute shambles. No composure, no structure. Just pure domination. The team is in transition, and that will present challenges, but from what we've seen, they can't be considered a chance for the premiership or must of a threat in finals. Too many holes, concede too many goals too quickly, succumb to pressure far too often, and don't seem to have the fitness or mental strength to perform for 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What that article the other day about Geelong winning the close games.... oh wait my mistake.

Not terribly disappointed, we have one last week to tweak things I guess...

Bring on the real game week 1.
I'm with you Trek! If we'd won the Poos+Wees would come out in Finals for WAR!!! Now it's the other way around! Poos+Wees feeling confident + you know what happens when the Cats 'occasionally' lose?

The margin was a goal or two more than I would have liked but the result wasn't unexpected.

I still think we can beat them in the QF but Scott has a lot of thinking to do about what went wrong after half time.

Before the game I said I was indifferent about the result.

Stuff that. You let a team kick 10 goals in a row you're not fair dinkum.

Swallow the dead rubber talk all you want. We are cooked.

Fire away! :D

We made the most of our chance in the first half. Second half we had no chance at all. Dried up. Why?
Hmac just disappeared. Thurls just looked gone. In fact all the guys looked gone in the second half. We really lacked a strong marking target in the 3 & 4. Hawkins can not do it by himself. Our tall's just do not dominate the game.

3 and 13 in 3rd quarters is the stat the are saying on Fox. Im sure Chris will say great soothing comments like he usually does. But Im not sure anyside can hope to win a GF losing the third so often

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back