Review AFL Round 22 autopsy - Hawthorn defeats Geelong by 23 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad for Kersten because, I know it was only in first 5mins, but you could already see him competing a bit more on hands and knees & I was excited to see if he could keep it up but sadly hammy.
Yeah, that ball he got out of congestion was great and I had the same thought. It was as if he'd been given orders to get down and dirty or they'd replace him :(

You people are hilarious. To think u have any idea how this football club is run. Such bold judgements on about every facet. Its comical.

Top 4 is locked. Let's see how we go.

Try to ENJOY it. Just try. A little.

And be grateful that we have been so good for so long.

Don't know about that, unless you think you know more?
We're certainly not enjoying the embarrassment of a ten goal turnaround - some less than others.
One game at a time, as is our privilege.

Havent read this thread.......but I thought Hmac was a disgrace tonight! The worst of a bunch of bad performers!

Not only did he get comprehensively flogged by 2 journeyman rucks, he was constantly not getting to the contest in defence, and watching his opponents mark floaters inside 50, with a stupid look on his face!!!

Simpson in for the remainder of the year!

We lost the 2nd last games in 07, 09, 11, and we recovered reasonably well?.
But the way we capitulated tonight was not what I would expect from a premiership contender.
Really don't know where we are at, but our intensity in September will have to be more consistent, and I'm sure it will be, but maybe just not good enough anyway.
Anyway, next week is now a must win game if we are to play in Victoria.
That is our only worry right now. We focus on Brisbane- they have been a difficult prospect for us recently.
Brisbane 2014 aren't the same as Brisbane 2013. I thought we won fairly effortlessly earlier this year- 4 goals or something? I'm not sure which players they were missing but we've had a pretty good injection of speed since them (sorry Bumbers!) while McGrath has just retired for them. That's got to be a plus for us?

only means we can't afford to rest next week and have to play 3 or so hard fought quarters which opens the door to injury or possibly suspension.
We struggle with Brisbane occasionally, their run is impressive but they don't have much forward.
Why can't we rest? If we do rest, will that improve our *don't mention the GF* Finals chances?

Maybe, those same players are the same ones who were down tonight?

Instead of making useless arguments, perhaps look the statements. Some of our team go missing, which is why we lost tonight.

But as usual, Varcoe haters come out. I just rubbed your nose in it as it was a ridiculous statement.

Ah yeah. We lost by 4 goals in a game that meant zero to the team sitting second - what a calamity. How about giving those same players some credit for sitting 16 and 5, which after the Sydney game, you would probably called people 'stupid' or 'moronic' for predicting.

Speaking of useless statements "some of our team go missing, which is why we lost tonight" would have to be right up there. What an insightful wizard you are.

I dont rate Varcoe - many others on here dont and with good reason. He had a 'better' game tonight in terms of possessions, but for a player of his experience he doesnt impact the game enough, is weak at the contest.

you're a knee-jerk, negative poster. End of.

as the ladder stands we have played the other top 5 teams (sydney, hawks, freo, port) 7 times total, and won 2 of them

2/7, and very well should've lost against freo 2 weeks ago, and the other win came against the hawks in round 5

I cant see this team beating at least 3 of these teams on the trot in september.

No chance

Havent read this thread.......but I thought Hmac was a disgrace tonight! The worst of a bunch of bad performers!

Not only did he get comprehensively flogged by 2 journeyman rucks, he was constantly not getting to the contest in defence, and watching his opponents mark floaters inside 50, with a stupid look on his face!!!

You realise he is injured

Not sure if serious, but you should not joke about one of my favourite players who is about to undergo the knife on his back for the 3rd time.

o_O

Made it very clear at the beginning of this thread IF YOU HAD READ IT!!! Anyone who prefaced such a ridiculous intro would be fed to JUBJUB Choose your last meal because you will be the first human sacrifice to the AFL Premiership god!!!

:p

There were a few stupid looks on faces in the first half.
Zero tolerance tonight, so play cricket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've loved to have won, but couldn't really care less about losing a dead rubber. Happy to see what works and what doesn't against the hawks, and see what tricks they have up their sleeves. Happy to take confidence out of the first half and accept putting the cue back into the rack in the second. Bring on next fortnight!

Simpson injuried out for 12 weeks.

If we don't have the fitness to go for 4 qtrs, it aint tactical. Raises the question as to why. Do we just have too many younger & now older players without the necessary longer time fitness base, or has it been crappy preparation?
that drop off was far too sharp to be fitness. Unless some idiot's giving them Kryptonite in their half time water?

You could say the same about all of them after half time

Dump this trolling flog!

This about sums up our second half..

vrgqd.gif

what the hell was gibbo doing holding onto taylors nuts in the last

lake was about to lay the chocker on tommy - fn fool

and the poo - what a duckker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back