Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some speculation on Hawks board that Duryea might be in for Suckling.

Oh, and just to show that every crowd has one, someone thinks it funny to suggest they go after Lonergan's good kidney as a means of stopping him........ :mad:
:mad:

I've heard that . . .

Just such a shame Clangenmakers won't be there :(

Last edited:
Thank **** it's been a dry day/week. If yarra park was closed **** that wouldn't be good.

Also based on the crowd noise.... I think PNG has more support than GWS:oops:.. Just won the international cup
What was the final score? I saw the first quarter, and was barracking for PNG, but they hadn't kicked a goal when I left, and Ireland had about 4 or so. They (PNG) definitely had the crowd, small as it was, on their side. Happy if they got up, as the umpires seem to be crucifying them in the first quarter :)

That cat looks like Pikachu

o_O

Hunni, while I do understand that Hawks fans have some challenges, ^^^ is not a Cat, you know that, right? + you do know Pikachu is murine, not feline? :p :D

o_O

Hunni, while I do understand that Hawks fans have some challenges, ^^^ is not a Cat, you know that, right? + you do know Pikachu is murine, not feline? :p :D
Well we do have some challenges like making sure loose objects are secured so that TV's aren't destroyed because you guys are such a good opponent. I also know that Pikachu is not a feline but had no idea he is a murine (half way through season 17 of Pokémon and I still hadn't learnt this). Just pointing out the above cat looked like him :)

Anyway good luck tonight hopefully a great game of footy with no injuries!

It will be an interesting game. I doubt either team will want to show full bag of tricks given they will most likely line up in the first week of finals. Bring it on!
The final H&A game of 2011 the same was said. The Collingwood board was full of boasters claiming revenge for our earlier win over them and they would be giving us a taste of the finals. As it turned out our boys came to play and win while Malthouse packed up shop half way through the second quarter. End result was a 96 point thrashing and a massive psychological boost for our boys. The Collingwood board then boasted that we 'fell for the trap' by showing all our tricks while Master Mick had a bunch of aces up his sleeve which would later be played. I just loved that whole season.

What was the final score? I saw the first quarter, and was barracking for PNG, but they hadn't kicked a goal when I left, and Ireland had about 4 or so. They (PNG) definitely had the crowd, small as it was, on their side. Happy if they got up, as the umpires seem to be crucifying them in the first quarter :)
PNG 6.9.45 def IRE 6.6.42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The final H&A game of 2011 the same was said. The Collingwood board was full of boasters claiming revenge for our earlier win over them and they would be giving us a taste of the finals. As it turned out our boys came to play and win while Malthouse packed up shop half way through the second quarter. End result was a 96 point thrashing and a massive psychological boost for our boys. The Collingwood board then boasted that we 'fell for the trap' by showing all our tricks while Master Mick had a bunch of aces up his sleeve which would later be played. I just loved that whole season.

The Collingwood supporters back then were absolutely delusional. There's a difference between not showing your hand prior to finals and having your likely GF opponent completely decimate you one week out from finals. Gave the team a huge psychological advantage over them, and I think highlighted that there was a pretty significant gap in quality between the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back