Remove this Banner Ad

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, Round 22, where's the year gone!

More big games, kicks off Friday with Tigers hosting the Bombers at the MCG.
Tiges go in as faves, but really two unpredictable sides.
Lot of history with these teams, should be very competitive, both have 'thrown' their seasons with a poor run of results lately.

St Kilda v GWS
Port host Lions - interesting to see how they both finish off.

The giant game is Swans v Hawks at the SCG . They beat the Hawks at Aurora earlier and will be very tough to beat at the SCG, where you'd expect they'll squueze the Hawks at the smaller SCG.
Buddy might be back and Gibson as well, but most think Swans might get home here.

GC host Carlton, who will be afer all the percentatge they can get, as odds favour Blues and Freo may finish equal on points if Freo lose to NM and Carlton beat Saints next week.
Will be a very close thing and will affect us greatly IF we finish fifth ( hence play 8th)

Sunday, Cats host Doggies. They need to win this ( or next week) to definately keep their finals spot and certainly should do so. They'd have Swans at Simmonds Stadium next week and are no certainties to win that, so they'll be very keen to win this one.

Huge game NM v Freo - Freo will keep Blues out of 8th if they win this at Etihad ( and then beat Melbourne in the west next week)
But North are hot and should win. But go Freo. North play GWS next week, so they'll make the eight either way.

Finally Melbourne host Adelaide in the twilight game - and really might show a bit but won't win.

I know things might change but putting on my clairvoyant hat:

if pies lose to the eagles, our first final will probably be against the winner of the hawks v swans clash.
If pies win, I reckon we'll probably get adelaide at AAMI.

Hopefully Sydney win, if that happens we only have to win 1 of our last 2 to make top 4. If Hawthorn win and we lose this week, not only do we have to beat Essendon but also rely on Hawthorn beating West Coast.

I DO NOT want to play an Elimination Final vs Carlton.

It would be interesting if we lost this week then had to beat Essendon by a big margin to over take the Eagles (as unlikely as that is) as the Bombers are s**t now.

We could beat them by 100 + if we wanted to.

Might have to Matty if the Sydney game doesn't go our way and we happen to lose.

There's also a possibility of Hawthorn not even making the four, if they lose both and West Coast win both. So many different scenario's, it's why I love our game. None of this 'top of the ladder wins the title' stuff like EPL and every other soccer league. :)

I put all the possibilities in a thread dude. :thumbsu:
man_head_spinning_md_blk.gif

:p

Tigers leading by six goals at 3QT

They're playing ok, but gees Essendon aren't a shadow of what they were.

Agree above, if we don't beat them we simply don't deserve to progress our season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Ninethmond still Finish 9th?

Next week against the Pathetic Bombers can we Buld some Confidence like the Cats did with us in the Final Round?

Bombers fall from grace has been pretty stark, although a modern day recurring theme.
The thing that i find very difficult to accept is the line ' we are not fit enough'.The new regime is now 2 years in.
I cannot accept the old regime had the players unfit, they made finals and won approx the same number as games as the current group. So if they were at,say, 90% of the required fitness level, surely they could have bridged the gap in 2 years. We have all read they seem to be focussing on strength etc, but it's now almost reading as an excuse.
The damaging thing is surely their high injury count as opposed to fitness.
They seemed very battered and weary last evening, still they wont let us through an open door next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back