Preview AFL Round 23 - Geelong v Sydney, Simonds Stadium, 1:45PM Saturday 1 September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Premiership Round 23
Geelong V Sydney

Geelong-logo-2008.gif
--------- V ---------
Sydney-logo-1997.gif

________________________________________________________​

Saturday September 1​
Simonds Stadium 1:45 PM (Local Time)​

Mods, please merge this thread elsewhere if need be!

AFL has just released the round 23 fixture. Our match v Sydney is at 1.45pm on Saturday which seemed the most logical time.

Other games of interest:

- Hawthorn v West Coast, Friday night at MCG
- Collingwood v Essendon, Saturday night at MCG

Lucky we were playing the Swans in the last round really.

Could have easily bent us over and played the game on the sunday otherwise.

You'd think top 4 will play friday and saturday night in first week of finals, especially if the interstate sides stay top 2.

The AFL probably wouldn't be heartbroken to see West Coast continue to slide, removing their issue of scheduling a finals game at Patersons, when there a rugby test against the Springboks on the Saturday.

If we met freo in week 1 of finals, surely we would play them at the 'G? Surely!

Was always going to be this time, should be a cracking game.

I am just glad they didn't make the Collingwood Essendon game Sat arvo (as one article I read a couple of weeks ago proposed) as that would have been a nightmare for those of us coming down from Melbourne and trying to get back after the game.

hi all,

does anyone have a spare ticket for the cats v swans game in two weeks?

happy to pay full price

send me a pm if you have one available

cheers

cb

I'm keen for tickets as well and will put my hand up for four adult tickets (just because life can sometimes do freaky things like make four adult tickets available). PM me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got off the phone with ticketmaster. They told me all tickets sold in 30 minutes this morning. Said there may be single tickets come available at certain points and to keep checking the website. I was responsible for getting a group of four mates who go to every Sydney and Geelong game each year. So have screwed up.

Watching Syd today , they are very hardened unit but I can see why some people do have a little doubt on them. They haven't got a Hawkins or a Franklin. They are a little over reliant on Goodes who imo , is starting to show signs that he has ast his peak. Still a very good player though. They are just very solid everywhere.

Can we beat. YES WE CAN. We just need to do what we have been doing and we will go very close.

You could play that one on the moon, we'd smash them either way. :)

And go Catters tomorrow and next week!!!! Will be looking on.... eh from some computer.. or an ipad from a bus :rolleyes::(

You'll be on a bus when both games are on - are you auditioning for Speed 3 and can't get off it because it can't go under 50 miles or it'll blow up ?

Watching Syd today , they are very hardened unit but I can see why some people do have a little doubt on them. They haven't got a Hawkins or a Franklin. They are a little over reliant on Goodes who imo , is starting to show signs that he has ast his peak. Still a very good player though. They are just very solid everywhere.

Can we beat. YES WE CAN. We just need to do what we have been doing and we will go very close.
Sydney are very even and disciplined but just don't have enough weapons to put teams away. They can dominate large parts of matches and still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back