Preview AFL Round 5 - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Monday 21 April 3:20PM

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Stokesy go to Hill and not only shut him down but get him the other way…

Hill is super fast but I reckon Lil boy Stokes could lower his colours…

Go Catters

I was thinking Varcoe on Hill, but don't know if Trav is defensively minded enough to do the job. Stokesy could do the job though, but they were saying on Talking Footy the other night that Ross Lyon was tagging Stokesy in the qualifying final last year, so Clarkson might try and man up on him to prevent him finding as much space as he has in the last few weeks.

He was doing it earlier. The first time he did it that I can clearly remember - was against Melbourne at Waverley in 1988. He came through and took out Dean Chiron at the opening bounce, who was tagging John Platten. It was Brereton's first game back after being suspended for 6 weeks for kinghitting Danny Frawley behind the play against St.Kilda.
You mean "coward-punching", don't you?

To me this game feels like the pressure is off both teams to perform.

I do hope Varcoe plays like he did in the round 1 encounter last year.

How the hell the umps missed Buddy's throw at 4:05 of that clip I'd never know.

I still get nervous watching replays of the 2007 prelim!!! Thank god for ablett and THAT goal!!! And everyone standing up in that game - from Stokes getting 3 early goals through to Johnno getting 2 in a minute when we needed it etc! Everyone pulled their weight. I agree though - i was able to enjoy the following week MUCH more (although being a cats supporter i still wasn't convinced we were home till 3 quarter time! :p )
Welcome, catgirl93!!
I just had to laugh at your last comment above- I clearly remember the GF the same year, when I wasn't convinced that we were going to win until the middle of the final Q. I was still yelling at the boys to kick more goals, just in case Port got a run on .....
I felt pretty stupid afterward, though.
:oops:

Welcome, catgirl93!!
I just had to laugh at your last comment above- I clearly remember the GF the same year, when I wasn't convinced that we were going to win until the middle of the final Q. I was still yelling at the boys to kick more goals, just in case Port got a run on .....
I think a lot of us had that same feeling.
I watched it with my brother, and we didn't dare to call it until we were about 80 points up!

Welcome, catgirl93!!
Thanks! yeah it was just too scary to think it mIGHT happen after all those attempts!

Thanks! yeah it was just too scary to think it mIGHT happen after all those attempts!

I think we all had memories of the Eagles game the year before when we gave up a 9 goal lead to lose. I only started to relax and enjoy it after Mooney kicked the first goal of the 2nd half.

I think we all had memories of the Eagles game the year before when we gave up a 9 goal lead to lose. I only started to relax and enjoy it after Mooney kicked the first goal of the 2nd half.
Oh don't mention that game - I've blocked/wiped it from my memory!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the stat I was after. CE . Would you have that by quarter for 2013 , and for the PF last year. My guess is that we were poor in the last quarter last year , as indicated in the PF by the 4.8 to 1.2 scoreline.
I don't know where to find that level of detail Turbo. For the PF I would probably have to go back to the video and I'm not too keen to do that for obvious reasons!

Welcome, catgirl93!!
Lol I knew we had it won at half time and even before that, I was asking my parents for GF tickets by Round 12 that year.:p

Lol I knew we had it won at half time and even before that, I was asking my parents for GF tickets by Round 12 that year.:p
Do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy, too? ;)

I guess I must be a pessimist- the game isn't over until the fat lady sings and she was still clearing her throat, in my opinion, though a lot of others heard her loud and clear :)

still, rd 19 '12 there was a very good claim for duncan HTB against rioli with a minute left, so it does go both ways.
i'm sure we'd have justified it somehow- maybe Thyril's guernsey had ridden up and Duncan was just helping put it back into position? Or maybe Mitch was patting him on the back for something he'd done earlier in the game but hadn't got around to congratulating him for. Nothing to do with HTB ;)

i'm sure we'd have justified it somehow- maybe Thyril's guernsey had ridden up and Duncan was just helping put it back into position? Or maybe Mitch was patting him on the back for something he'd done earlier in the game but hadn't got around to congratulating him for. Nothing to do with HTB ;)

i should have said HTB by rioli... duncan was running it out of defence, 25 from goal, and cyril nailed him. very lucky not to be called.

i should have said HTB by rioli... duncan was running it out of defence, 25 from goal, and cyril nailed him. very lucky not to be called.
You wrote it correctly- it was my misunderstanding, I think. (the HTB free would've been AGAINST Rioli- you're right!)
Selective memory loss here- can't remember a lot of things that happened in last week's games, let alone last year's. 2012? Now that's just pushing it!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back