AFL say ANZ surface is acceptable

Remove this Banner Ad

BobaFett

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
How can the AFL come out and say this surface is acceptable, and isn't a danger?

Players and coaches have complained about it, and it's been going on for years.

How can they come out and say the surface is A OK? Because some fossil inspects the ground pre match?

Next weeks final will be nothing special with all the players slipping over

From what I saw, the grass is so muddy that when you plant your foot to kick, it sinks in. Terrible conditions. Also will be devastating to both Sydney and Freo if the ground does cause an injury to a player round 1 of the finals

Freo don't mind a slugfest though ;)

Chairman of AFL commission declares stadium that is owned by a consortium he is involved with is at acceptable standard.

No issues there.

But seriously, it doesn't take a genius to work out that placing massive, temporary stands on the grass greatly affects the standard of the surface when they are removed. Hell, I move my pot plants around on my lawn every couple of days.

It's a real shame ANZ is up to standard and that the Swans will continue playing finals there. Last final at the SCG was 2005 semi against Geelong and that was amazing atmosphere.

This ground is the single biggest disadvantage in finals.

First time I've seen actual proper full blown mud patches on an AFL standard ground in about 10 years, have a look at the contest in the last between Dusty & Teddy. Ted attempts a turn and his foot just sinks and slides.

If the AFL insist on us playing finals there, then supply a ******* roof atleast.

First time I've seen actual proper full blown mud patches on an AFL standard ground in about 10 years, have a look at the contest in the last between Dusty & Teddy. Ted attempts a turn and his foot just sinks and slides.

If the AFL insist on us playing finals there, then supply a ******* roof atleast.

they're adding a roof for the redevelopment.

How can the AFL come out and say this surface is acceptable, and isn't a danger?

Players and coaches have complained about it, and it's been going on for years.

How can they come out and say the surface is A OK? Because some fossil inspects the ground pre match?

Next weeks final will be nothing special with all the players slipping over
How can they do it?

Pretty easily.

Illicit drugs are not an issue.

The bump is not dead.

There was no tanking.

Etihads surface is fine.

Kim Duthie made the whole thing up.

The list goes on and on.

"Remember Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have no other alternative, except playing at Spotless Stadium I guess. They can't play at the SCG due to contractual arrangements that ground has, so I believe. Acceptable to me sounds like it just passes, not that it's a great ground.

Nah the SCG is available but it wasn't big enough at the time among other bullshit reasons.

From what McGuire was saying on his show earlier, regarding the required/acceptable grass lengths of rugby/AFL venues, it is staggering that the respective leagues would even consider playing both sports at the same stadium.

Isn't a roof being built by nsw gov?

It's shifting surface is the issue. Players look like they are playing on ice in some parts of the oval

It's not great is it but what can they do? Just curious how many people does the scg hold these days ?

Isn't a roof being built by nsw gov?

No idea mate, im from Melbourne.

If thats the case then great, only thing is it probabaly wont be completed until late '15-'16.

There's nothing scheduled there between now and Saturday thank Christ, but after that the NRL
finals start and we'll be chopping and changing configurations on the ground from there on in, if the Swans win.

It's shifting surface is the issue. Players look like they are playing on ice in some parts of the oval

It's not great is it but what can they do? Just curious how many people does the scg hold these days ?

Nah the SCG is available but it wasn't big enough at the time among other bullshit reasons.
The last final played at the SCG was Swans V Geelong 2005 - one of the great finals matches ever played. Pity a packed house can't experience a final there now - would be a fantastic atmosphere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back