AFL screw up our jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

BobaFett

Cancelled
Jun 20, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just saw on twitter that we are wearing our clash guernsey and white shorts today, the ugliest combination we have.
The crows twitter said they can't do anything about it, it was the AFLs call

Can someone explain why we have always worn our home guernsey and white shorts against the pies, but now they've decided to change it? AFL just have no idea, it was probably some intern who screwed up

Disappointing we won't see our usual strip

As the away team, do we have to wear white shorts?

I wonder what the white jumper would look like if we wore red or royal blue shorts.

I don't hate the white guernsey like most but we should be able to wear our home jumper if we want. If Essendon in white shorts doesn't clash with Collingwood then neither do we.

I'm ok with it, was actually hoping for it.

It's Collingwoods home game, they wear their home jumper. What you want to avoid is one team running around with navy, the other with black.
I've seen games at Footy Park where the pies have worn their black Guernsey against us in our home strip and found it pretty annoying.

Nothing is stupider than having 2 dark uniforms on the field when you don't have to.

Death to Vlad!!

Do we have a derogatory nickname for Gill yet?

Seems silly. How were our guernseys going to clash exactly?

Dark base, light numbers with light stipes.

It's a clash. not the worst in the league but if it can be made better for everyone then just make it better.

I was pleasantly surprised they wore their white kit at AO earlier this year.

I'm ok with it, was actually hoping for it.

It's Collingwoods home game, they wear their home jumper. What you want to avoid is one team running around with navy, the other with black.
I've seen games at Footy Park where the pies have worn their black Guernsey against us in our home strip and found it pretty annoying.

Nothing is stupider than having 2 dark uniforms on the field when you don't have to.

It is the furthest thing from a clash. We have worn our home strip every game we have played against collingwood in melbourne, but now they've decided to change it?

Seems like Eddie has pulled some strings, something little like this just to unsettle us

It is the furthest thing from a clash, the white is more of a clash

It is the furthest thing from a clash. We have worn our home strip every game we have played against collingwood in melbourne, but now they've decided to change it?

Seems like Eddie has pulled some strings, something little like this just to unsettle us

It is the furthest thing from a clash, the white is more of a clash

Are you serious?

As if anyone would be unsettled by the jumper they have to use.

I think Collingwood's away jumper worked pretty well here, and avoids the clash a lot better than below, but its far from the worst clash in the league. So if your going to let others happen its only right we get the choice. Surely by now every club should be forced to have a white away strip though.

What they did to West Coast was completely unfair and I am sure the AFL would never force a "traditional" Melbourne team to wear their away strip against an interstate team over there.

collclash.jpg

collclash2.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hoops with white shorts is a good look for us. It's also a premiership-winning look.

Any day we don't get to wear it is a bad day.

I dated a girl once who refused to wear white bottoms because she thought it made her ass look big. Maybe we need to get her on the team.

Are you serious?

As if anyone would be unsettled by the jumper they have to use.

Our home jumper looks better
Looks awesome with white shorts
Players prefer it
Fans prefer it
It has been worn every away game against collingwood, yet now they change it....

Even adelaide officials are stumped

Someone who has a twitter account, ask the club why it has changed, and why they caved so easily

There might be a minimum number of games we have to wear the clash strip.......
Na there isn't. The crows are saying the AFL demanded it, very strange, hopefully the AFL gives an explanation

Our home jumper looks better
Looks awesome with white shorts
Players prefer it
Fans prefer it
It has been worn every away game against collingwood, yet now they change it....

Even adelaide officials are stumped

That's fine and agree with it but how would the change of a jumper at the last moment unsettle someone.

Why cant we simply wear that jumper with the red,gold & blue v-strips (without supporters' names on it) that we had designed for our original showdown match? Suits us perfectly. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back