Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
How much was the lapsed member fee mate?

It was $200 per year for each year I wasn't a member so more than the absentee membership - ended up costing us a fair bit but thought it will work itself out in the long run when considering the escalating costs of finals tickets.

EDIT: I should also add that I had to send an email to them explaining my families circumstances which may or may not have influenced things.

welshm69

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Received my membership in the mail today, been with it since 2008, got a long way to go for full membership by the sounds of it. Have found the quality of the cards have dropped, not even a Collingwood emblem on the card this year?!
The changes to the guest pass prices is ridiculous. I mean every time I take someone now, because I would imagine most Collingwood games are going to be category A, will now cost them much more!
The quality of my members shirt is also worse than past years.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm seeing everything is just getting lesser quality for a higher price.

RobV

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2003
Nowra, NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Perth; Scorchers; Man Utd
Received my membership in the mail today, been with it since 2008, got a long way to go for full membership by the sounds of it. Have found the quality of the cards have dropped, not even a Collingwood emblem on the card this year?!
/Snip

I am a Collingwood club support member too and I got an email from the AFL membership department that mentioned that there is a shortage of cards and the card we got atm is just a temp card till they get more.

AFL Email said:
Please note this is just a temporary card that you can use to gain entry to NAB Challenge matches and a replacement Collingwood Club Support card featuring Scott Pendlebury will be be forwarded within a week.

MrRockett24

Team Captain
May 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats Geelong Cats
11324. Joined in 2010. Not too bad. They said about 4-5 more years. Signing missus and kids up tonight. Not cheap, but least we can all go easily and Gold Waitlist is about 13-15 years for them so we can all enjoy a GF when they are bit older.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm going to the Melbourne/Saints game on Saturday night but don't want to fork out almost $40 for reserved seats on level one for my family. Does anyone know if we can just walk in to the reserved seat area on level 1 if they don't sell out all the reserved seats? Or will we be forced to sit in the nosebleed section? I just checked the website and there are still seats on level 1 in the AFL Reserve area so assume it won't sell out. Reading the AFL Membership website it seems we should be able to sit in any unreserved seats but it's not 100% clear that that is the case.

I'm going to the Melbourne/Saints game on Saturday night but don't want to fork out almost $40 for reserved seats on level one for my family. Does anyone know if we can just walk in to the reserved seat area on level 1 if they don't sell out all the reserved seats? Or will we be forced to sit in the nosebleed section? I just checked the website and there are still seats on level 1 in the AFL Reserve area so assume it won't sell out. Reading the AFL Membership website it seems we should be able to sit in any unreserved seats but it's not 100% clear that that is the case.

None of the AFL Reserve at Etihad is 'walk up' available. If there are seats available you have to purchase em at one of the ticket seller gates using you AFL membership card. You're ticket will be free, but the guest passes will cost you.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
None of the AFL Reserve at Etihad is 'walk up' available. If there are seats available you have to purchase em at one of the ticket seller gates using you AFL membership card. You're ticket will be free, but the guest passes will cost you.

Ah OK, so I walk up to the ticket booths, show my AFL card and request a reserved seat in the AFL Members area but I won't have to pay the $7.50 reserved seat fee?

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ah OK, so I walk up to the ticket booths, show my AFL card and request a reserved seat in the AFL Members area but I won't have to pay the $7.50 reserved seat fee?
Got an email today which clarifies the Etihad situation.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-20/etihad-stadium-arrangements?camefrom=EMCL_248855_11988295

Apparently this year if you get an AFL Member reserved seat at the ticket window at the ground then you have to pay the booking fee - last year it was completely free. However it looks like for low attendance games they are now setting up aisle 7 and 8 on level 1 as a walk up area which means you just scan your card at the gate and then flash it at the aisle attendant. You can also sit in the level 3 public walk up area for free.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Got an email today which clarifies the Etihad situation.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-20/etihad-stadium-arrangements?camefrom=EMCL_248855_11988295

Apparently this year if you get an AFL Member reserved seat at the ticket window at the ground then you have to pay the booking fee - last year it was completely free. However it looks like for low attendance games they are now setting up aisle 7 and 8 on level 1 as a walk up area which means you just scan your card at the gate and then flash it at the aisle attendant. You can also sit in the level 3 public walk up area for free.

That is a joke - once again the AFL finding more ways to gouge money from their loyal members/supporters.

Duffman95

All Australian
Jun 25, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Green Bay
Does anyone know what the prices have been for AFL Membership over the last few years? Seems to me they have risen extraordinarily, but I can't seem to find anything to back that up.

You can just scan in for free and sit on Level 3 if you want to.

lenny2013

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone know what the prices have been for AFL Membership over the last few years? Seems to me they have risen extraordinarily, but I can't seem to find anything to back that up.

I spoke to a person from the AFL service desk in 2013 and they said memberships price rises are inline with inflation each year, and told me the 2014 silver price would be $410 a $10 increase from 2013.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
What do you get with an AFL membership vs a club membership exactly?

For Silver Members you get access to 40 H&A games at the G or Docklands, you get entry to first 2 weeks of finals free and half price Prelim tix from memory. You also have a better chance of getting a GF ticket if your clubs i competing.

For Full Members you get all the above plus substantially reduced price Prelim tix, access to reduced (half?) price GF. If your club is competing a GF ticket is almost guaranteed if you want one, if not you should be able to get one anyway unless its Collingwood, Essendon or Carlton playing each other in the GF.

Mar 27, 2011
Melboooooooon
AFL Club
West Coast
What do you get with an AFL membership vs a club membership exactly?
Obviously it's different for everyone but as a West Coast supporter living in Melbourne, I get to see all my own clubs games and then see another 30+ with mates if I want. More money goes to the club than if I bought the Vic 6 game membership. Also access to finals.

If I didn't see so many neutral games it wouldn't be worth it but it works out really well for me currently.

This is my 6th year as an AFL Member its great i am assuming i would be still a fair way off from being a full member?

Probably another 4-5 years off at least. I think I'm into my 9th year and I'm pretty sure I'm in line for an upgrade next year but apparently the queue behind has grown longer and less and less people are giving up their Full membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back