AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opened a golden envelope from AFL Membership today... on the front it said "THE WAIT IS OVER"...

Yep, you guessed it!!! Woohoo...

Just wondering, SHAKESPEARE, how good is full membership again mate?
Can you post the month/year you joined to give others an idea on wait time?
And what was your approx number on this years renewal form?
Ta.

Congrats to the guys who got upgraded to gold, how many people got upgraded to gold? Is this the second intake this year?

Can you post the month/year you joined to give others an idea on wait time?
And what was your approx number on this years renewal form?
Ta.
Sorry for the delay mate, had a busy week.

I think I joined in early 2006 (can't exactly remember the date).
My waiting list number was 1651, so given they offered 1300 upgrades this year I must have sneaked in! Yeay!

How does one go about using his AFL Membery to get into Simonds Stadium? I think I refuse to pay $25 at the cheapest to sit in the freezing cold, probably exposed to the elements, down in the Troit. Anyone know?

Updated OP

2011: 12,775
2012: 11,197
2013: 9,283
2014: 7,753
2015: 5,255

Interesting that last two years have been the biggest jump. Given 50% of AFL members are Collingwood club support, their form really impacts renewals I think.

Looking like another 3 years wait. I joined in 09 so 9 year wait all up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to be value 10 years ago when the big games were walk up and it was easy to organise sitting with mates. Now you have to reserve half the games.
Gave it up 5 years ago. Saved a s**t load of money and can still sit with my mates.
Up yours AFL membership.

Used to be value 10 years ago when the big games were walk up and it was easy to organise sitting with mates. Now you have to reserve half the games.
Gave it up 5 years ago. Saved a s**t load of money and can still sit with my mates.
Up yours AFL membership.

Exactly right. As a full AFL Member, these days it can cost over a $1000 per annum by the time you add on all the booking fees for games at Etihad, the big games at the G, the finals and the Grand Final.

It is no longer the bargain it was in the days of Waverley and walk up access to virtually all games, including the Granny.

Updated OP

2011: 12,775
2012: 11,197
2013: 9,283
2014: 7,753
2015: 5,255

Interesting that last two years have been the biggest jump. Given 50% of AFL members are Collingwood club support, their form really impacts renewals I think.

Looking like another 3 years wait. I joined in 09 so 9 year wait all up.
Thanks for the update, does this mean you got your renewal stuff in the mail last week? Haven't got mine yet.

Shows that there's a lot of attrition in the first couple of years. 5,000 electing not to renew is a fair difference.

Up yours AFL membership.

Only reserve for 1 game a year...anzac day. The rest always provides walk up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back