AFL Team Manager Rules - OLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Team Manager Rules (updated January 09)

Fair points guys, 20% will be too much. Thoughts on 15%?

At the moment (10%):
200k Opposition bid = 180k matched
300k Opposition bid = 270k matched
400k Opposition bid = 360k matched
500k Opposition bid = 450k matched
600k Opposition bid = 540k matched
700k Opposition bid = 630k matched

15%:
200k Opposition bid = 170k matched
300k Opposition bid = 255k matched
400k Opposition bid = 340k matched
500k Opposition bid = 425k matched
600k Opposition bid = 510k matched
700k Opposition bid = 595k matched

What do we think?

I was thinking something along the lines of keeping it at 10%, but having a bonus 5% if the player has been on your list for 5 years. That way there is a benefit to keeping players long-term.

I was thinking something along the lines of keeping it at 10%, but having a bonus 5% if the player has been on your list for 5 years. That way there is a benefit to keeping players long-term.

There is some merit there, but then again, with stalwarts being eligible at 28, I dont see a great benefit.

I must say I am a huge fan of 'free-agency' :thumbsu:

This is late russian, but if i dont do it now i'll forget again.

What happens next year to my team and Adelaide with the salary cap? Do they go back to normal if we don't win the premiership or preseason cup or do they stay the same as they are now?

This is late russian, but if i dont do it now i'll forget again.

What happens next year to my team and Adelaide with the salary cap? Do they go back to normal if we don't win the premiership or preseason cup or do they stay the same as they are now?
back to normal, which off the top of my head will be 8.25 million

Cheers. What if we win again, do we get a raise on top of the cap we have now?

Also are we gonna see punishments for teams over the cap this season? Because weren't there some teams who were over last year? Kind of defeats the whole salary cap purpose if we don't have some sort of punishment in line.

Cheers. What if we win again, do we get a raise on top of the cap we have now?

Also are we gonna see punishments for teams over the cap this season? Because weren't there some teams who were over last year? Kind of defeats the whole salary cap purpose if we don't have some sort of punishment in line.

From memory, GeeCat was the only one who went over and lost a player because of it.

FWIW, I don't think there should be salary cap bonuses to winning anything. The 5% bonus is a big difference when you get towards the end of your list.

FWIW, I don't think there should be salary cap bonuses to winning anything. The 5% bonus is a big difference when you get towards the end of your list.

To be frank...cap bonuses are crap. I made the Pre-season Grand Final but due to having less available players due to the nature of the comp, I was never in the hunt...and that was for cap space :thumbsdown:

A little cap bonus for the premiership winner is fair enough I think. Not too much though.

The preseason cup shouldn't. When Russian said the winner would get a bonus last season I thought he was joking.

Am I allowed to name Tarrant at full forward because he's played there in the past or because he's playing in the backline now do I have to name him in the backline as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a question regarding father-son alignments...

I'm currently aligned with Gold Coast which is understandable but I was previously aligned with a different team (can't remember who it was though). Does this mean I'll now be waiting ages before I'm eligible for any father-son selections?

Just a quick question, couldn't find it anywhere but may have missed it.

When do we take PSD picks?

EG: 34. Draft Pick 76/PSD Pick 4 - $63,000 (2) for me, but I've noticed that other users have already taken PSD picks...

PSD is after the ND is finished

That line means you can either use pick 76 in the ND, or pass it and take pick 4 in the PSD instead, where the expensive players (e.g. Daniel Harris) are cheaper. In your case that doesn't matter unless somebody drafts Robbie Campbell which will free up some cap space for you.

The players listed under the PSD order were acquired in the bidding process before you joined.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back