AFL Team Manager Rules - OLD

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little unsure on the LTI rules. If I place Jackson Trengove on the LTI list and then he comes back and plays AFL within 8 weeks, do I get a penalty of some sort even though he is listed as indefinite right now?

I'm a little unsure on the LTI rules. If I place Jackson Trengove on the LTI list and then he comes back and plays AFL within 8 weeks, do I get a penalty of some sort even though he is listed as indefinite right now?
I thought they said 6 weeks. If you promote a rookie and he comes back in 6, then Trengove and the rookie will both be suspended for 4 weeks (double the 2 weeks early).

I thought they said 6 weeks. If you promote a rookie and he comes back in 6, then Trengove and the rookie will both be suspended for 4 weeks (double the 2 weeks early).
Thanks Russian. 6 weeks minimum is the word today. Don't think I'll be placing him on the LTI for that.

12 inches+

...Oh you mean time? I've got an eternity :p

Explain away!

Thought I would direct you to this thread as really if you are interested you need to read the rules on the 1st page of this thread.

Basically though you pick a full team of 18 players in position each week (including key position players) from your list who all score points based on the same scoring system as Dream Team.

Each player has a contract to play for your team and your list must fit under a salary cap. Each year there is a trade, free agency and drafting period. Pretty much as close as you can get to a simulation of managing an AFL team.

Like I mentioned though, you really need to read the rules if you're interested and then probably ask more specific questions as it can get quite complicated at times.

Thought I would direct you to this thread as really if you are interested you need to read the rules on the 1st page of this thread.

Basically though you pick a full team of 18 players in position each week (including key position players) from your list who all score points based on the same scoring system as Dream Team.

Each player has a contract to play for your team and your list must fit under a salary cap. Each year there is a trade, free agency and drafting period. Pretty much as close as you can get to a simulation of managing an AFL team.

Like I mentioned though, you really need to read the rules if you're interested and then probably ask more specific questions as it can get quite complicated at times.
Game looks interesting!

However I probably don't have the time or effort to keep up with this game seeing as though I'm already stretching myself thin with other management games and whatnot.

Thanks for directing me towards this thread though nonetheless. And good luck to all you guys in this league.

But I'mma have to say no.

Game looks interesting!

However I probably don't have the time or effort to keep up with this game seeing as though I'm already stretching myself thin with other management games and whatnot.

Thanks for directing me towards this thread though nonetheless. And good luck to all you guys in this league.

But I'mma have to say no.

soniamdisappoint.jpg

Any chance next season we can look at using Supercoach scoring? I think its more comprehensive and takes into account clangers and ineffective disposals..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post teams anyway just in case I reckon. Will be a good way to see if people are still around and will at least serve as a reminder for the regular season.

We've had a few issues this year with key spots not being filled by KPPs. While I may have missed a few that were caused by dodgy selections, in most cases it's been because that team didn't have any of that sort of player available, so I'm thinking of adding some rules about list makeup along the lines of:
3 regular AFL forwards - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 2 scoring shots per game (62 players qualify)
3 regular AFL defenders - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 4 one percenters per game (62 players qualify)
2 regular AFL ruckmen - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 5 hitouts per game (44 players qualify)
And you could apply for others to qualify based on injury, a bad year, or time spent playing some other position hurting the average and/or game count

Other rule changes I'm considering:
Remove the PSD from bidding
Axe father/son
Counting an invalid bid as one of the 3 you're allowed on an opposition player
Moving the PSD to the pre-season
Forcing payouts for players who delisted players who still have multiple years on their TM contracts

Discuss. You can also propose any other rule changes you'd like to see.

I'm very busy with work for the next month - I'll do what I can but it might be a later start to the off season than usual.

We've had a few issues this year with key spots not being filled by KPPs. While I may have missed a few that were caused by dodgy selections, in most cases it's been because that team didn't have any of that sort of player available, so I'm thinking of adding some rules about list makeup along the lines of:
3 regular AFL forwards - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 2 scoring shots per game (62 players qualify)
3 regular AFL defenders - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 4 one percenters per game (62 players qualify)
2 regular AFL ruckmen - qualification 5 games in 2015 with average 5 hitouts per game (44 players qualify)
And you could apply for others to qualify based on injury, a bad year, or time spent playing some other position hurting the average and/or game count

I like the rule. However, this doesn't mean it can only be KPP. By this definition I could have Eddie Betts at CHF and Mark Baguley at FB. Wouldn't it be better to also include a height qualification? Then for the short players who do play key position, you could still apply for them?

Axe father/son
Forcing payouts for players who delisted players who still have multiple years on their TM contracts

These all sound good to me.

I assume this means that players with no years left on their contract get bid on as normal. So it's just a free agency thing that would run the same way but without needing a pick? Then, the PSD would be immediately after the draft and would just be to get the unpicked players for cheaper prices?

If so, sounds good as well.

I'm very busy with work for the next month - I'll do what I can but it might be a later start to the off season than usual.

No rush mate. You do an excellent job. Is there any jobs we could do to help out and make it easier?

I like the thinking behind this rule change but I don't think this will stop non-KPP players being selected. I agree with loopy that you would need some sort of height qualification criteria if it is the KPP you are worried about. Then again, some midfielders are taller than some key defenders in the AFL so it does get quite tricky to manage.

Axe father/son
Don't mind any of them.

Keep up the good work!

I figure with the height and the scoring shots/one percenters it should work out. I guess we'd have to look at how many of them under those guidelines there actually are.

Looking at the stats, there actually aren't many small defenders who average over 4 1%ers per game anyway. So I'm fine with the rule how it is.

I like the thinking behind this rule change but I don't think this will stop non-KPP players being selected. I agree with loopy that you would need some sort of height qualification criteria if it is the KPP you are worried about. Then again, some midfielders are taller than some key defenders in the AFL so it does get quite tricky to manage.

Given that we use AFL's Dreamteam stats, why not just use the Dreamteam classifications to determine KPP players.

Given that we use AFL's Dreamteam stats, why not just use the Dreamteam classifications to determine KPP players.
That could work. I know in the prospectus that is released each year they break down players into different classifications, including general or key position forward/defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back