Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to me the people in power are feverishly trying to put the lid back on Pandoras box, 6 months time this story will be remembered as the biggest non event ever, but with one maybe 2 casualties.

Where are the lost posts from the end of the last thread?

I was educating people about their complete lack of understanding of the ACC/ASADA relationship.
I was waiting for you to respond to the latest information given your expertise between "clubs" and "players"

On Friday, ASADA met officials from Essendon for the first time. It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at Essendon, ASADA only moved to investigate the club after it reported itself to the AFL this week.
can you use this thread to expand on your previously stated theories?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Great Barry Besanko
If players signed a consent form and club. coaches and doctor and high performance guy all give signoff that substance A is approved by ASADA/WADA and a staff member then secretly swaps legal substance A with illegal substance B then I think there's grounds for sabotage.....and possible charges.

Close enough to being able to quote it properly...

Anyway in theory, sure, but "sabotage" by someone other than an opponent might only get you a reduction in sentence as determined by WADA.

To illustrate the operation of article 10.5, an example where No Fault or Negligence would result in the total elimination of a sanction is where an Athlete could prove that, despite all due care, he or she was sabotaged by a competitor. Conversely, a sanction could not be completely eliminated on the basis of No Fault or Negligence in the following circumstances:
b) the administration of a prohibited substance by the Athlete's personal physician or trainer without disclosure to the Athlete (Athletes are responsible for their choice of medical personnel and for advising medical personnel that they cannot be given any prohibited substance)
however, depending on the unique facts of a particular case, any of the referenced illustrations could result in a reduced sanction based on No Significant Fault or Negligence.

I'll summarise again, you have all wet my appetite.

So far, Bombers supporters such as Lance Uppercut have not argued that their club isn't in the wrong. They have argued that we should all wait until all of the facts have come out. Instead , everyone took innuendo and opinion for fact and ran with it, smashing bombers fans from pillar to post.

Now it seems all of the opinion was premature or misjudged, yet there is no easing of the attacks.

I'm not saying that the bombers are not in fault, personally I think that they are in for a bit of pain. I'm sing that you have all misjudged the bombers fans. They aren't in denial, they just aren't listening to rumours and opinion.

people expressing shock at this report are the most naive people in the world. IF, but, maybe....Classic stuff. We have spent a year searching. Arrested no one. But we will. But do come forward.

It is an election year.

Dons injected. Injected lots. Cocktails perhaps. But not one iota will be proven illegal. Nor was anything done against players will (this is where the lawsuits will start). Caro has already started back peddling. Dank may be unethical in terms of boundaries pushed, non conventional substances and his relationship with crooks (through business) was the catalyst for the ACC going to the AFL/Essendon. HOWEVER, if he is proven innocent in regard to Essendon then Caro, Ralphy in particular (against will injections), Robbo better lube right up. Because this man is never working again.

Then comes the Essendon response.

I have gone from mortified and angry at the club. To reslient and disgusted at the media. The truth is coming now and those that revelled in this to sell papers will get it.

Club still must sack Robson, maybe Bomber and Robinson for bringing this maverick into the club.

Hird needs to step up.

I felt the same way about the media when they were all sinking the boots into St Kilda over the Kim Duthie stuff, when that turned out to be mostly bullshit I wanted St Kilda to hit back by suing journos and kicking heads but to my disappointment they just let it slide. I guess the distraction and cost of taking legal action against the media probably isn't worth it for an AFL club, not to mention the fact that the media will just go even harder at your club if you did try and sue them.

I expect Essendon will do the same as St Kilda if they are cleared of any wrongdoing and just wear it and move on, it still sucks though that the mud thrown by the guttersnakes in the media sticks while they're allowed to get away with it scot free. Clubs are really in a no win situation when they're hit by a scandal.

How does this "thread" make any difference to my previous stated theories?
I'll spell it out.

You were convinced Essendon was the club who had systematically doped our players under the ratification of the club. In contrast, every other club had to worry at most about one or two players being done for sourcing substances and administering them off their own bat.

This article clearly claims that, rather than an organisational concern, the ACC are looking merely at individuals at Essendon.

This would appear on the face of it to debunk entirely your claim that Essendon are the club in question, and at worse put us at a level of, say, North in maybe having a few isolated players to be concerned about. Or, if that's delusional, that Essendon supporters are no more delusional than, say, yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back