Under Age AFL U15s and U16s

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys dont just think u seen the best talent from ssa championships, alot of players development back end of the year and will show themselves worthy for vic metro and vic country from the metro and country carnivals

Hey guys dont just think u seen the best talent from ssa championships, alot of players development back end of the year and will show themselves worthy for vic metro and vic country from the metro and country carnivals

A lot of the squads are picked on names, especially the SSA squads- U16 Metro/Country is always interesting.

Here is the group chosen out of the U16 championships for the AFL academy:

LEVEL ONE SQUAD

Vic Country: Tyrone Hayes, Aaron Darling, Kane Farrell, Aidan Quigley, Lochie O'Brien, Hunter Clark, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Cody Henness, Oscar Clavarino
Vic Metro: Jack Higgins, Lachlan Fogarty, Patrick Naish, Joel Garner, Jaidyn Stephenson
South Australia: Jordan Houlahan, Darcy Fogarty, Thomas Schmusch, Callum Coleman-Jones
Western Australia: Jake Patmore
Queensland: Jack Clayton, Connor Ballenden
NSW/ACT: Charlie Spargo, Jack Powell, Jarrod Brander, Alex Paech, Nathan Richards
Northern Territory: Dominic Grant

Pretty much as I would have expected. No real surprises for me.

NSW/ACT: Charlie Spargo, Jack Powell, Jarrod Brander, Alex Paech, Nathan Richards
All 5 are from the GWS Academy, they have an absolute monster.

Spargo and Brander are two names I like. Both boarding at Victorian private schools and play in their APS school footy comp.

Brander is a nice player, 191cm key position forward. Has kicked the most goals in the APS 1st XVIII football I believe, with 30 goals, not bad for a Yr 10 student.

4 dandenong stingrays , cj jiath very stiff him and aiden domic were the engine room for vic country, luke Davies uniacke is abit overrated in my mind

A lot of the squads are picked on names, especially the SSA squads- U16 Metro/Country is always interesting.
If go have a look at the vic metro team only a couple of players played for victoria in u15s guys like ben caluzzi who made all Australian in u15s didn't make it even the man who captain the team in u15s tom north didnt male vic metro 2015, with school sports victoria any.one can try out.u can be a player that didn't make ur tac cup development suqad and still try out 3 or 4 players made the 2015 u15s Victoria squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet most of them are Riverina boys.

The AFL really needs to look at the alignment of that region with GWS as it's creating an even bigger monster than they have already created. GWS can field a whole team of top 10 picks whilst Brisbane after this years defections will only have 2 top 20 picks on their list. That's just not right.

Matt Zukiewicz, plays for Oakleigh. I'm good mates with his brother, just want to know how he is travelling because his brother plays him down a bit.

175cm, 71kg didn't make the U16 Vic Metro squad.

He also missed out on making the 50 or so Vic Metro squad, of which the U16 squad was picked from.

Wasn't in the best or kicked any goals in the U16 carnival and he's not in my spreadsheet which has the top 5 stats from all the games.

Plenty of time however, fingers crossed for him!

I've been going on about the farce that is the GWS Academy zone for months, it needs to be changed, either re-zone NSW (so the Swans aren't screwed), or (my preferred option) give every club an Academy.

I've been going on about the farce that is the GWS Academy zone for months, it needs to be changed, either re-zone NSW (so the Swans aren't screwed), or (my preferred option) give every club an Academy.
Not a fan of your second option. But agree the bold.

That's true, but generally the ones that go to private schools are better.

Even the NSW/ACT lads come down to Victoria and board at private schools.
Yeah most blokes are borders from rural victoria and scholarships, hunter clark will probably fellow the foot steps of luke Davies and oscar an go to haileybury or Penninsula school

Anyone know of Bailey Smith. Played against him a few times and he is an absolute gun!?

Anyone know why Isaac Hewson South Australia's MVP didn't make the all-australian team?
Plus how did his carnival go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back