AFL XIV

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think we should make a longer game. 16 quarters, forty players on each team. A war of attrition.

Screw the TV ratings, screw the players. It's what the fans want.
I'd watch it over three rookies from West Coast and three scrubs from Brisbane playing some game of touch footy in January.

Btw, people don't have to respectfully disagree. I welcome all forms! People can disrespectfully disagree with me, even disrespectfully agree!
I respectfully disagree I don't have to disagree respectfully.

Having seen the way even innocent threads on BF can quickly turn to scheisse I always Err on the side of Carlton. Err, sorry, caution.

Only when people start gratuitously insulting me do I flick the switch to foul mode.

Like the original version of the game. A whole town vs a whole town. Moving the ball across towns, streets, parks, trees, other obstacles, until finally someone puts the ball in the destination goal. Game could last days or a week. People tuning in all times of the day/night, an on-going live Reality TV like thing.
Sounds a little bit like the American Civil War.

I respectfully disagree I don't have to disagree respectfully.

Having seen the way even innocent threads on BF can quickly turn to scheisse I always Err on the side of Carlton. Err, sorry, caution.

Only when people start gratuitously insulting me do I flick the switch to foul mode.
But but i want it, need it, like it. Abuse me, use me, i need to feel something, make me feel.

Seriously....just im different to everyone. I have a monstrously thick-skin and see everything for what it is. Good and bad are both merited. People shouldnt steer away from bad or negative things. It's weakness to do that. In terms of forums, even real life, people who get offended/upset over stuff is embarrassing.

But hey, it's ok if you want to be polite to me too, and have a consistent policy for yourself :thumbsu:

Well AFL 9s is effectively the touch footy version of the game. NRL 9s is a stripped down version of the real thing
I reckon a 12 a side carnival would be terrific. 6 groups of 3, 2 x 12 min halves, play the qualifiers day 1 with quarter finals and beyond day 2. Most clubs obviously wouldn't play their guns but would be a fun start to the year
Agree , I think you could have tournament like events.

The obvious one is in the pre season to start the year !!

But but i want it, need it, like it. Abuse me, use me, i need to feel something, make me feel.

Seriously....just im different to everyone. I have a monstrously thick-skin and see everything for what it is. Good and bad are both merited. People shouldnt steer away from bad or negative things. It's weakness to do that. In terms of forums, even real life, people who get offended/upset over stuff is embarrassing.

But hey, it's ok if you want to be polite to me too, and have a consistent policy for yourself :thumbsu:
* you're an annoying pretentious w***er

AFL 9s barely functions as it is. Field is too small for the amount of players (added up, its got about twice the congestion of a regular football match due to half the players but about 1/4 the field size) and its turn over rules dont reward contests properly.

Its okay for a bit of fun on a tuesday night during the week but not as a serious competition.

Would be fun, especially if played as a sort of knockout or round robin competition with all 18 clubs, only players under 23 eligible, each match goes for 80 minutes instead of 120. It would be great to see a few weeks or a month before the NAB Challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back