Remove this Banner Ad

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here plays in the afl9s down at Moorabbin?

6 months until I can play footy again is going to do my head in and will probably be a good way to keep the fitness and skills up.

So any other Sainters play there or anywhere else?

Any call for a short 31yr old former wingman with appalling fitness, a growing paunch and hamstrings made of tissue paper, who can't kick over a jam tin?

;)

Last edited:
Any call for a short 31yr old former wingman with appalling fitness, a growing paunch and hamstrings made of tissue paper, who can't kick over a jam tin?

;)
OMG!!!! after yrs of searching ive finally found my long lost twin brother:eek::eek::p

Ended up signing up at Fawkner park in South Yarra because you can do it as an individual rather then having to have your own team as far as i can tell.

;)

Sounds like Richmond's scouting criteria - they are in their window y'know...

Wondering - how do you play AFL 9s? We have to play 9-a-side here as we don't get enough players, but we also have to play on a rugby field which makes for example kicking from the corners particularly interesting. No boundary restarts, all ball-ups. They also had to introduce a 'scoring zone' as any decent Aussie or a local with a good rugby pedigree could easily kick goals from their own half...

Sounds like Richmond's scouting criteria - they are in their window y'know...

Wondering - how do you play AFL 9s? We have to play 9-a-side here as we don't get enough players, but we also have to play on a rugby field which makes for example kicking from the corners particularly interesting. No boundary restarts, all ball-ups. They also had to introduce a 'scoring zone' as any decent Aussie or a local with a good rugby pedigree could easily kick goals from their own half...
Sounds pretty similar. 100m x 50m with 3 zones. Goals can only be kicked from the forward zone by the forwards. Out of bounds is a turnover if your team last touched the ball or a ball up if the ump cant tell who touched it last.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back