9 Justin Westhoff (Port)
8 Luke Breust (Haw)
8 Nat Fyfe (Fre)
8 Brendon Goddard (Ess)
8 Cale Hooker (Ess)
8 Clinton Jones (StK)
8 Adam Treloar (GWS)
8 Jobe Watson (Ess)

Conversely, one could also interpret that he coaches underrate Mzungu, who makes an interesting comparison with Hill:
Possessions: Hill - 25 (68% DE); Mzungu - 27 (63% DE)
Contested: H - 5; M - 10 (perhaps indicative of DE diffs)
Clangers: H - 2; M - 0
Marks: H - 2; M - 4
Tackles: H - 0; M - 3
Inside 50s: H - 7; M - 6
Goals: one apiece

I think it's more likely that Ross Lyon knows more about footy than both you and me. ;)

Lyon discusses his votes here (at 35:55)

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/170314_sports_today_podcast.mp3

Lyon:

5 Sandi
4 Fyfe
3 Pearce
2 Hill
1 McPharlin

That tallies only if each coach has 15 votes to distribute as they please.
If so, that leaves:

Buckley:

4 Fyfe
4 Hill
3 Johnson
2 Pearce
1 McPharlin
1 Barlow

Or perhaps Lyon forgot his order of voting by one:
5 Sandilands
4 Fyfe
3 Pearce
2 McPharlin
1 Hill

Which makes Buckley's votes as follows:
5 Hill
4 Fyfe
3 Johnson
2 Pearce
1 Barlow

Probably a simpler answer, I would have thought. Also shows the respect that Hill gets from an opposition coach, which probably explains why he is normally the first player tagged.

Or perhaps Lyon forgot his order of voting by one:
5 Sandilands
4 Fyfe
3 Pearce
2 McPharlin
1 Hill

Which makes Buckley's votes as follows:
5 Hill
4 Fyfe
3 Johnson
2 Pearce
1 Barlow

Probably a simpler answer, I would have thought. Also shows the respect that Hill gets from an opposition coach, which probably explains why he is normally the first player tagged.

Brilliantly done. I was hoping someone would come up with the solution. I just couldn't get my head around the permutations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley rates outside receiver*with nice kicking action as best of ground. Colour me surprised.

*Countdown to pavsbootlace.

Seriously? Outside receiver with nice kicking action? Are you even a Freo supporter? Do you even like footy?

They gave the Collingwood midfielders an absolute torching on 360 tonight saying the behind the goals vision was damning re they're lack of defensive running.
Pointed out that Ballantyne ran past 3 Pies midfielders and kicked the snap on the left.
I was just trawling through sij1981 's upload in the video thread of last nights ep and couldn't find it, do you know around about what time in the ep they discussed it?

Coaches' votes: Round 2

Fremantle vs Gold Coast

8 Mundy (Frem)
7 Barlow (Frem)
5 Fyfe (Frem)
4 Sandilands (Frem)
4 Hill (Frem)
1 Crowley (Frem)
1 Duffield (Frem)

LEADERBOARD AT END OF ROUND TWO

19 Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda
16 Joel Selwood, Geelong
15 Brendon Goddard, Essendon
13 Nat Fyfe, Fremantle
13 Steve Johnson, Geelong
13 Callan Ward, Greater Western Sydney
12 Matthew Rosa, West Coast
11 Jobe Watson, Essendon
10 Gary Ablett, Gold Coast
10 Brandon Ellis, Richmond
10 Stephen Hill, Fremantle
10 Mark LeCras, West Coast
10 Scott Pendlebury, Collingwood
10 Luke Shuey, West CoastCoaches' votes: Round 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-01/coaches-votes-round-two

Coaches votes seem be all over the place there, points to a good even contributions. Also 10 different player have gotten votes in 2 rounds suggesting the same thing.

Sandi probably harshly done by again, considering the sheer dominance in taps to advantage, i'd have thought he'd be in the top 2-3, if not - given the 10 votes.

It appears Sandi got 4 votes from one coach and nothing from the other. Same for Stephen Hill. Which is a similar situation to last week. Interesting.

Sandi probably harshly done by again, considering the sheer dominance in taps to advantage, i'd have thought he'd be in the top 2-3, if not - given the 10 votes.

There's a tiny bit of discussion in the votes thread on this. Most saw his game as BOG, but many, myself included, saw it as good, but not the stand out best for all sorts of reasons. Yes he dominated the ruck contest, but most of that was in the second half when the undersized, much less seasoned GC rucks were all but done in conditions that were heavy and always going to penalise the athletic type more. So he did well, was a key player, but really he did what he's supposed to. The real guns that won the game were the midfielders who fed off his work, and buttered up through the heavily contested stuff. Mundy, Barlow, Fyfe, with support from the running players like Hill, Mzu (unlucky) and Duffield.

Seems like the Coaches agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back