AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you two done?
I can't even be bothered reading your essays back and forward to each other any more!

:)
Me too.

My alerts tell me there is another message, but I won't bother reading it. I'm assuming MC is still harping on about the past and why it changed, dissecting sentences and bringing up irrelevant examples. Most importantly, MC is probably still ignoring that Sydney's guernsey is what it is now, has been for a while and it's the club's prerogative to be identified with the primary guernsey it wants now and into the future. There are several considerations pertinent to each club with regard to this.

Relevant arguments with regard to the kits discussion aren't about dictating what colour home guernsey each club should be adopting, but rather, what guidelines and policies the AFL should have in place to ensure the kits of match day teams are effectively differentiated in every game.

:)
Me too.

My alerts tell me there is another message, but I won't bother reading it. I'm assuming MC is still harping on about the past and why it changed, dissecting sentences and bringing up irrelevant examples. Most importantly, MC is probably still ignoring that Sydney's guernsey is what it is now, has been for a while and it's the club's prerogative to be identified with the primary guernsey it wants now and into the future. There are several considerations pertinent to each club with regard to this.

Relevant arguments with regard to the kits discussion aren't about dictating what colour home guernsey each club should be adopting, but rather, what guidelines and policies the AFL should have in place to ensure the kits of match day teams are effectively differentiated in every game.
As my post that you quoted indicated, I DON'T CARE.
So thanks for filling my alerts even further with staff I DON'T CARE about. That's really awesome of you. Much appreciated.

I think a basic rule should be that the away sides shorts must match the predominate colour of the jumper and in the case of a home team having shorts that don't match the jumper if it will alleviate a clash they wear shorts that match the predominate colour of the jumper. White shorts may be worn as part of a "light" clash kit.

So no more Collingwood with black top and white shorts away or hawthorn with brown top and white shorts away and Geelong, North and Hawthorn are free to wear "dark" coloured shorts at home when there is no clash of colours or design.

Essendon will still need to come up with at the least a red clash kit though.

Red to be deemed as neither being light or dark, with it's suitability being based off the design itself.

Last edited:

Can't believe there's been what, 2 pages of discussion about Sydney's home kit.

Still got nothing on Essendon - they have several threads to themselves!
Essendon should just take Richmonds Yellow jumper, change the yellow to red, make the stripe/sash narrower and add a white outline to the numbers on the back and wear it with red shorts and red topped red and black socks.

Happy now? :D

You've glossed over the pages and pages on Collingwood refusing to wear their white jumper and Hawthorn just taking the piss.

As my post that you quoted indicated, I DON'T CARE.
So thanks for filling my alerts even further with staff I DON'T CARE about. That's really awesome of you. Much appreciated.
I didn't realise you'd been appointed CEO of this thread. Apologies. We'll be sure to run any potential discussion points past you first.

I didn't realise you'd been appointed CEO of this thread. Apologies. We'll be sure to run any potential discussion points past you first.
I didn't realise that this thread was just all about you two having a major to-and-fro. The discussion was fine. But it was going nowhere and it was time to disagree. I can't tell you what to discuss or not and you know it but sometimes someone needs to step in and say enough is enough because it's going nowhere and wasting the time of everyone else who gets notifications for this thread because they're interested in the topic at large but not necessarily you two going at it.

I didn't realise that this thread was just all about you two having a major to-and-fro. The discussion was fine. But it was going nowhere and it was time to disagree. I can't tell you what to discuss or not and you know it but sometimes someone needs to step in and say enough is enough because it's going nowhere and wasting the time of everyone else who gets notifications for this thread because they're interested in the topic at large but not necessarily you two going at it.
You're going off a bit half-cocked. blondie wasn't even involved in it.

And now if anything, you're only contributing to the thread going nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey hitthepost, I was considering raising the issue of how West coast's blue with gold trim guernsey appeared to blend in with Richmond's predominantly black with yellow trim home guernsey on wide shots and that the shorts were the correct call. Is this ok with you?
So long as when the to-and-fro stops going anywhere, people agree to disagree and let it go.
I'm happy to moderate if people aren't mature enough to do it for themselves.

Of all the options available, I think Hawthorn have chosen the worst combination night.

Yellow with brown stripes and yellow shorts > brown with yellow stripes and white shorts

I don't get teams wearing white shorts when their opponents are already wearing white on their shirts. It makes no sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back