FTA-TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Comic book movies etc. so I'll watch it, but don't think it will work that well as a TV series so my hopes aren't that high.
I am very much hoping they dont stuff this up

be interesting to see how they bring back Agent Caulson

Shows like this don't have a good record, but I will definitely give it a go. If they can work on a similar template to something like Burn Notice (fun characters, good humour), it'll be a lot of fun and the budget restrictions won't hold it back.

Shows like this don't have a good record, but I will definitely give it a go. If they can work on a similar template to something like Burn Notice (fun characters, good humour), it'll be a lot of fun and the budget restrictions won't hold it back.

I they can pull some avengers fans in then it might be in with a chance

remains to be seen if he can make it another buffy/angel or will it be firefly/dollhouse

If it's on fox then it's stuffed

Are they going to have cameos from some of the Avengers/Superheroes? If not, can't see it being that interesting. The cool bit about SHIELD was that they dealt with Superheroes. Otherwise they just become the CIA, with better gadgets.

Are they going to have cameos from some of the Avengers/Superheroes? If not, can't see it being that interesting. The cool bit about SHIELD was that they dealt with Superheroes. Otherwise they just become the CIA, with better gadgets.
Yep exactly. Needs some sort of Marvel Comic influence/ hero appearances.

From the trailers it looks like Maria Hill may make some cameos, doubt will see any of the main guys though.

They will be dealing with superheroes, just probably not the A-List ones from the movies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is the problem, his two best shows were his least popular.

However Firefly was as much a scheduling bungle as anything else.

Yeah fox really stuffed firefly such a good show

I rate Buffy more than dollhouse though

Watched the first ep slow start I must say but got better towards the end. Clearly a whedon show had his signature all over it except no one important died. I wonder who he will kill off first.

Also, I cant work out who the main character is. They need to decide and quick. Not sure Coulson is the man for that but we will wait n see.

The cast didn't really grab me at all. The guy who plays Coulson has personality but everybody else felt like the sort of cookie-cutter characters you see on procedurals like Bones.

The dialogue was pretty cheesy but the self-effacing Whedon humour helps with that a bit.

Hard to pass judgement until I've seen 2 or 3 eps but I am pretty underwhelmed thus far.

The cast didn't really grab me at all. The guy who plays Coulson has personality but everybody else felt like the sort of cookie-cutter characters you see on procedurals like Bones.
The whole episode felt by the numbers. 'Here's the stoic warrior type, but who's really a softie', 'Here are the typical geeks', etc. Not just the roles as such though, but the whole 'everybody plays an essential part in saving the day.' I mean not one of them could have had a bit part? I suppose the upside is everyone and their role has already been defined, so they can concentrate on stories now rather than setup. I'd expected more subtle work from Whedon, more show not tell.

It was OK without blowing me away. In some ways this has all been done before so it will be interesting to see how develop it. Will give it a few more viewings until I make my mind up about it.

Just watched the pilot, seemed like Whedon was trying to hard with his writing, trying to throw in too many gags without really fleshing out the plot.

I'll give it a few episodes but I don't expect this one to last too long. The firast episode had 12.12million in the US be interested to see the drop off for ep 2

And only one of the next 3 episodes is written by him so we will see how the other writers handle it

This show is super cheesey but I'm actually enjoying it immensely. Is this just because it is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Possibly so. I'm suprisingly myself by acknowledging the cheese but not letting it overly tarnish my opinion.

2nd episode was pretty average. 41 minutes long but took me about 26 to watch it with the fast forwarding through cheesy dialogue scenes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back