AGM Tonight! One Night Only! Sold Out!

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand all the whinging and whining about ROO or Jamo being candidates!!!
As for as I was concerned I looked at all the candidates and voted for whom I thought would be best for our club! Dnt blame the club if the members decided to vote for ex-players whom have a bigger public profile! That's just life, most such votes are popularity contests......

ps I voted for Roo and Dan, because they presented the best options for our club.

I've already said that if Roo was groomed as indicated by Hurley then Candidates have a valid complaint. I also said that by putting Roo up for vote the club avoids calls of "boy's club". There is more than one way to do it.

Roo seems to have runs on the board and no doubt deserves his position.

The others are really hard to gauge in all honesty. Dan engaged with fans in what seems like an honest and campaign. But after that how does a member genuinely decide who is the best and who is not?

Why does being an ex player disqualify Jamo from running? He's as entitled to nominate as any other person who feels they have skills and passion to offer the club.

It's the campaign process that must be more sophisticated so members get exposure to all candidates..... Perhaps the club should allow each candidate a 2 min video on the website (more hits) so fans can get more engaged in the voting process...... I'm sorry, as qualified as each may have been, a spiel about making sandwiches really doesn't impress me.

Dan ran a good campaign and I feel he might be a genuine chance, should he run again. Who knows, perhaps he caught the board's attention and may get put into the mix for a board nominated position?......

I think for everybody bar Roo ,it's a stepping stone. Maybe that's why they had Roo in the vote.

Pretty funny coming from a bloke that gives posters s**t for speculation, demading proof in a condescending tone. Your whole argument was speculation, supposition and a dot joining exercise.

Perhaps a suppository up the dot might relieve the hurt?

Your whole argument smacks of sour grapes over the result..... a "bunch of grapes" if you will.

Yep, a lot of people here really need to get over this. This stuff is taken way too seriously by some and they have become obsessive, it's embarrassing and it's quite sick how it is controlling them. This thread is filled with posters who are now just charactuers of themselves.

Whinge, whinge, fxxxxxg whinge.

Why does being an ex player disqualify Jamo from running? He's as entitled to nominate as any other person who feels they have skills and passion to offer the club.
As others have said, if he wasn't an ex player, would he have been voted in based on his credentials compared to the rest? I think not and that's the issue everyone has, he's been voted in since he's a familiar face.

As for only members that care would vote comments that have been posted. I wanted to do a bit of research before placing my vote but the only way I was able to find out who all the candidates were was to put in my account number, post code to actually vote to get any profiles up - maybe they were somewhere on the AFC site, they weren't on the home page and I wasn't going to put in a lot of time in hope I'd randomly come across all the people seeking to be voted in. Now I can only assume how many were in the same boat or cared even less. Log in and I finally get to see who the other guys are, I read a little on each but I wasn't planning on logging out, seeing if I could log back in at another point to cast my vote (so I could actually spend some more time on each individual to see who I really liked the most) so I made my vote then and there. Now for those that don't want to read a wall of text, they'll just vote the familiar names which just so happens to be two ex players that both won it.

I'm happy Roo is on the board as we've seen the changes around the club since he's been on the board but I can't say I feel the same way about Jamo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks was offered an assistant coach role in 2015 and turned it down.

Nope.

Bicks was contracted for the 2015 season. He was then shuffled to a small marketing role.

I am not sure how they handled the accounting of his salary. They might have paid him out or they might just be paying him his coaching salary in 2015 to do the small marketing role.

Nope.

Bicks was contracted for the 2015 season. He was then shuffled to a small marketing role.

I am not sure how they handled the accounting of his salary. They might have paid him out or they might just be paying him his coaching salary in 2015 to do the small marketing role.

He's said on 5aa that Walsh offered him an assistant coaching role but after seeing what happened to Sando he realised he didn't want to be a senior coach anymore.

As others have said, if he wasn't an ex player, would he have been voted in based on his credentials compared to the rest? I think not and that's the issue everyone has, he's been voted in since he's a familiar face.
That discounts the benefit of having people with some actual football experience on the board. We've had plenty of lawyers and businessmen. Before the election we had one board member with football experience, and even then very minimal AFL experience.

Having a couple of board members who know what it is to be part of a football club, and in particular the Crows, is a plus to many.

Yes, some of the other candidates had impressive business resumes. That's the point though, we've had enough of our club being ran like a business, we want it ran like a football club.

That discounts the benefit of having people with some actual football experience on the board. We've had plenty of lawyers and businessmen. Before the election we had one board member with football experience, and even then very minimal AFL experience.

Having a couple of board members who know what it is to be part of a football club, and in particular the Crows, is a plus to many.

Yes, some of the other candidates had impressive business resumes. That's the point though, we've had enough of our club being ran like a business, we want it ran like a football club.
How does playing football help? Smart played football and everyone seems to love what he does... Roo is another and now Jamo is a 3rd, it's not as if we don't have anyone on the board that doesn't have football experience - and I struggle to see how playing the game at AFL level suddenly makes you more qualified to run a board which has nothing to do how the team plays footy.

I guess each is their own, but I think many feel the club has been run terribly as a business which is why there have been calls for many of the board members over the past few years to be given the flick, not to bring in guys that are clueless about running a board but to bring in those that actually make the correct moves and listen to the members.

How does playing football help? Smart played football and everyone seems to love what he does... Roo is another and now Jamo is a 3rd, it's not as if we don't have anyone on the board that doesn't have football experience - and I struggle to see how playing the game at AFL level suddenly makes you more qualified to run a board which has nothing to do how the team plays footy.

I guess each is their own, but I think many feel the club has been run terribly as a business which is why there have been calls for many of the board members over the past few years to be given the flick, not to bring in guys that are clueless about running a board but to bring in those that actually make the correct moves and listen to the members.

It's not about playing football, it's about spending the majority of their lives inside of football clubs, it's called industry experience and it's the hardest thing to add to a resume.

It's not about playing football, it's about spending the majority of their lives inside of football clubs, it's called industry experience and it's the hardest thing to add to a resume.

Knowing the inner sanctum.

With all due respect, that's horseshit

It's the easiest thing for a footy club to find, people who know about footy clubs. It's pretty low value stuff too

If I wanted somone to play footy then I'll get a player if I want someone to run a business then I'll get a business man.

... and yet, many people's preference was 19thDan, with one of the weaker business resumes from the candidates...
Probably because it was still a lot better than Jamison's and he'd also gone to the effort of interacting with those he was chosen to be voted in by, something I don't believe the other candidates did?

With all due respect, that's horseshit

It's the easiest thing for a footy club to find, people who know about footy clubs. It's pretty low value stuff too

If I wanted somone to play footy then I'll get a player if I want someone to run a business then I'll get a business man.

The best restaurants are run by Chefs, not lawyers or entrepreneurs. Because Chefs have spent a huge amount of time working in restaurants, they've seen them fail and succeed many times.

Probably because it was still a lot better than Jamison's and he'd also gone to the effort of interacting with those he was chosen to be voted in by, something I don't believe the other candidates did?

Really?

Jameson has been on 5 different boards, including experience on a football club board.

Dan, is a director of his own small business.

Jameson's education background is Business Management...Dan's is Computer Science and Law

Was it a good use of his time though?

The club said we had 24K eligible members. The stats from the catchup shows we had 2K posters. That's just 8% of the marketplace. Would it be better to be canvassing the other 92%? How to touch base with them is the difficult task.

Now, I assume that no-where near all of the 2K posters voted, since we only had 19.7% takeup (that 4,728). If everyone in that 2K voted for Dan, he would have been pretty close.

I'm not faulting Dan for coming here - we are a ready-made target audience. But we don't make up a considerable market of Crows members. (2K of 50K is just 4%)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back