Agsv

Remove this Banner Ad

Trinity Grammar is in for a very long season. Their seconds lost by 187 points and the seniors lost by 120 points at the weekend against a very powerful St Kevins side.

Between the 2 sides they only scored 1 goal, with the seconds not scoring and the firsts 1 goal 2 behinds. You could count their inside 50’s for the 2 teams on one hand.

Worrying for Trinity is there lack of depth this has been clearly demonstrated in the efforts of their seconds side during pre-season.

A long year is ahead
St kevins werent playing full strength, with Vic metro boys out, plus trialling borderline firsts/seconds players

Will be very interesting on who comes second (the real winner).
I have heard that the other AGSV schools are going to ignore you cheating thieves and rest their good players against ACK as they have no interest in competing against an army of boarders/scholarship or whatever you call all of the imports.
So you might as well start claiming that the mighty puce light blue is the best in the world !!!!

We should start a competition for only students who were at the school in Year7 - that would really fix you cheats up.

who is this bloke? i guarantee that the day students at ack would be 10 times better than the school that you are at. and none of the boarders are on scholarships and ack is one of the many few that dont hand out scholarships to players in the agsv.
3 vic metro players= not on scholarships
7 tac players= not on scholarships
2 nsw players= not on scholarships
who eles are they gona give scholarships too? jonti rowe?

Solid win by PEGS over at ACK for the HSS.
Interesting.
i wouldn't exactley call it interesting! bu thanks anyways 'call_of_juddy' :|
my question is now are you all gunna pound PEGS? because we all know that they are the ones giving out scholarships.. and assumption were falsely accused for giving out scholarships.

who is this bloke? i guarantee that the day students at ack would be 10 times better than the school that you are at. and none of the boarders are on scholarships and ack is one of the many few that dont hand out scholarships to players in the agsv.

Bahahahaha absolute gold lol

i wouldn't exactley call it interesting! bu thanks anyways 'call_of_juddy' :|
my question is now are you all gunna pound PEGS? because we all know that they are the ones giving out scholarships.. and assumption were falsely accused for giving out scholarships.

I think it's very much interesting. If PEGS beat CCB next week, good luck Assumption.

you didnt answer my question? when are you all gunna start hanging it on PEGSfor their scholarships?

I don't see the huge problem with scholarships. Good players are being brought into an environment where they can grow as footballers around experienced coaching staff aswell as learning from kids with similar talent. If scholarships can breed better AFL-ready players, I don't see the harm.

This doesn't just refer to PEGS but other scholarship-awarding schools.

Edit: Also, not dismissing ACK as a solid environment for nurturing young talent as its arguably one of the best in Victoria at breeding AFL players.

Trinity Grammar is in for a very long season. Their seconds lost by 187 points and the seniors lost by 120 points at the weekend against a very powerful St Kevins side.

Between the 2 sides they only scored 1 goal, with the seconds not scoring and the firsts 1 goal 2 behinds. You could count their inside 50’s for the 2 teams on one hand.

Worrying for Trinity is there lack of depth this has been clearly demonstrated in the efforts of their seconds side during pre-season.

A long year is ahead

Trinity Grammar played Geelong College today, considering they lost by 70 points. You must recognise the fact that Geelong kicked 10 goals in the last quater. with a strong wind in there favour.
Many promising signs, recognising the outstanding performance from the 15 year old Luke Mcdonald who took on the bigger and stronger Geelong outfit.
Trinity Lacking players throughout these practice games and the fact they are a very young side considering more than half the team consists of year 11 and year 10 players.
At this stage i would not right them off, and believe they will create good competetion throughout the season come may 1 and the 2011 season.

Results from the weekend?

I go to mentone and witnessed first hand that Trinity are not going to be the push overs everyone thought.

We went in the game after hearing pre season results thinking after beating camberwell by 6 goals last week it would be another easy win..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the Assumption year 7's had a win :thumbsu::thumbsu:

LOL - First time for many years !!! - please only report ACK games from Year 10 onwards when the Boarders/Scholarship/TAC or whatever extra 22 players all "magically appear".

No-one denied that PEGS gives out scholarships too but at least thay don't post on Bigfooty how they are the greatest football school ever. blah blah blah

St kevins werent playing full strength, with Vic metro boys out, plus trialling borderline firsts/seconds players
ummm -I was at the game and whilst St Kevs were excellent, I am pretty sure that all of their best players from last weekend played in this practice game.

I recognised, Purcell,Liba,Wallis and Salopek to start.

I think the St Kevs seconds would have given the Trinity First a run for their money - thet were also very good.

St Kevin's 19.10.124 def Brighton 9.8.62.
Best: Wallis, Conway, Cunningham, Liberatore, Salopek, Purcell.

Who is this ACK Fanboi ???

12 new quality players arrive at Year 10 - that certainly makes ACK a fantastic AFL school with great sporting tradition - NOT NOT NOT.

Smell the grass mate, any school (including West Sunshine College) can import 12 top players and become competitive in any AFL competition - it doesn't create a "great football school" and is borderline cheating.

How are Yarra and Peninsula looking?

and as for Assumption and Pegs.. they can play a matchnow for first and second as they both cheat.

Its just not fair on other schools.

3rd is the premiership in this competition.

and as for Assumption and Pegs.. they can play a matchnow for first and second as they both cheat.

Yarra Valley - no good, could be a long year. They need to save up and get 10 scholarships kids if they want to get better (yes, I am joking).

Peninsula is looking o.k. I heard they beat Ivanhoe pretty easily in round 1.

Yarra Valley - no good, could be a long year. They need to save up and get 10 scholarships kids if they want to get better (yes, I am joking).

Peninsula is looking o.k. I heard they beat Ivanhoe pretty easily in round 1.
Yeah I saw that however..they got beat by marcellin by 90+ on the weekend. thats a big turn around.

how does that happen? I cant see ivanhoe being that bad with the likes of Buckley

Mentone play assumption in two weeks after this rounds bye.. are they any chance?

Who is this ACK Fanboi ???

12 new quality players arrive at Year 10 - that certainly makes ACK a fantastic AFL school with great sporting tradition - NOT NOT NOT.

Smell the grass mate, any school (including West Sunshine College) can import 12 top players and become competitive in any AFL competition - it doesn't create a "great football school" and is borderline cheating.

Many boarders, who arrive in year 10, arrive on tradition!
They have had family at ACK for generations.
They're had brothers, sisters, fathers, and grandfather come.
There is no scholarships and no louring to get them to the school.
And it is the vibe around the team at ACK that sets them boys apart; The boys at Assumption not only play against the opposition but also their principle who continually suspends boys from football due to discipline reasons at the day school. So if there principle was forking out money for them to play football than why would he have boys suspended nearly every week?

Yeah I saw that however..they got beat by marcellin by 90+ on the weekend. thats a big turn around.

how does that happen? I cant see ivanhoe being that bad with the likes of Buckley

Mentone play assumption in two weeks after this rounds bye.. are they any chance?
Bartel# let me tell you that Mentone are no chance against ACK. unfortunately the only school capable of beating ACK is PEGS. ACK & PEGS are streets ahead of Marc, Pen & Trin. YV, Men, Camb & Ivan making up the bottom 4. the only interest is in what order they all finish.

Good Point Bartel. There's an interesting story involving a famous public school in England called Wellington College. They played rugby against other famous public schools and used more and more ring-ins in later years, a la Assumption and PEGS. Obviously, they won all their games.

Next season, all the other schools got together and decided that what Wellington was doing was against the spirit of the competition and stopped playing against them. Basically, Wellington had a whole season with walkovers and no actual games. They quickly stopped the practice of using ring-ins the following year. The league is now a lot more competitive and long term students at Wellington now have a chance to make their first grade team. Everyone is now a winner except the parents who shop their kids around to get rugby scholarships and a free education.

Jimmy, Buckley is by far the best at Ivanhoe - not much depth after him, Mullens played at Ivanhoe for oen year in Year 9 but even the two best junior players running around could not make up for the lack of depth.

Still looks like a 2 speed comp. this year.

ACK, PEGs out front by a long long way.

I agree with Bartel that the battle for 3rd is the interesting one.

Marcellin lost to PEGs by 120 pts in Round 1 and then beat Peninsula by 108 in Round 2 !!!! A 228 pt turnaround !

Mentone beat Camberwell by 32 points and then lost to Trinity by 85.

ummm -I was at the game and whilst St Kevs were excellent, I am pretty sure that all of their best players from last weekend played in this practice game.

I recognised, Purcell,Liba,Wallis and Salopek to start.

I think the St Kevs seconds would have given the Trinity First a run for their money - thet were also very good.

St Kevin's 19.10.124 def Brighton 9.8.62.
Best: Wallis, Conway, Cunningham, Liberatore, Salopek, Purcell.
nah mate, salopek wallis libba conway didnt play that week, but played tac im pretty sure. purcell played though.

Goals: Keely 5, Purcell 4, Toohey 4 Campbell 3. Best pleyers: F.Keely, J.Grinter, T.Cunningham, N.Cuirleo, M.Peric, T.Whitty.

Sounds to me that a lot of people on this thread are extremely jealous of the ACK & PEGS strong tradition. Especially Assumption

I believe that if ACK payed soooo many scholarships, they would be broke!!! Think about it, 170 odd played VFL / AFL football, so many more have gone on to greatness at VFL / Country and suburbian football.

People that diss Assumption, know nothing about what it is like to wear those colours, they don't know what it is like to play for tradition, play for your mates. They think they might, but they don't!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back